Question for the student section....

TheKiD

I realize this. I remember making everclear jello. My point was that they wouldn't allow us into the stadium if we were drunk or wreaked of alcohol. I'm assuming they must be now? Basically, if you couldn't walk a straight line you didn't get in.

Well, to my knowledge, they don't check. Unless you are noticeably drunk (i.e. falling all over the place, yelling at people, et al) then you can get in the game. I have never seen any police or anybody looking for drunks, just the security check before the gates and the ticket scanners.

You kids sit down!

You old farts stand up!

You stop yelling curse words!

You start yelling something!

Blah, blah, BLAH.

This whole conversation, on both sides, is ridiculous. Older generations have been griping about younger generations since Cain and Abel were teenagers. Someone please lock this thread or move it to BFE.

:yeah

You kids sit down!

You old farts stand up!

You stop yelling curse words!

You start yelling something!

Blah, blah, BLAH.

This whole conversation, on both sides, is ridiculous. Older generations have been griping about younger generations since Cain and Abel were teenagers. Someone please lock this thread or move it to BFE.

:yeah

BFwhat?

Acronym Definition

BFE Bum Freak Egypt (polite form)

BFE Base Flood Elevation

BFE Bundesamt für Energie (Switzerland)

BFE Biofeedback Foundation of Europe

BFE Bacterial Filtration Efficiency

BFE Buyer Furnished Equipment

BFE Battle for Europe (World War II game tournament)

BFE Brooklyn Funk Essentials (band)

BFE Bureau Français de l'Epilepsie

BFE BLACKER Front End

BFE Boyfriend Experience

BFE Boy Friend Experience

BFE Battle for Endor (Star Wars)

BFE Best Friend Ever

BFE Blowfish File Encryption (file extension)

BFE Beam Forming Electrode

BFE Built for Excellence

BFE Bachelor of Forest Engineering

BFE Bold Freehand Extrapolation (forecasting)

BFE Board for Fundamental Education

BFE Best Fit Ephemeris

BFE Basic Fault Event

BFE Big Freaking Emergency (polite form)

BFE Beyond Freaking Egypt (polite form; very far away)

BFE Blown Film Extrusion

BFE Big Freaking Empty (polite form)

BFE Blood-Flow Effects

BFE Bureau for the Far East

You don't think that just cuz it was a 1 pm game that people were not drunk, boy have you got it all wrong. I've know some college students that when they wake up the pop a cold one and start to drink at 8 am. And now your telling me that they shouldn't have been drunk, please. Go to any place where people are drinking, i'm pretty sure that people will call other people names just because they don't like the way they look, talk, ect. Pretty much what i'm saying if you can't deal with the drunkenness then just stay home.

Also every fan is equal in my eyes no matter how much money you spend. Just because you sold out just so your name could be on a plaque or so you could have a better seat, doesn't make you a better person or fan. And just because you have been a husker fan longer also doesn't make you better. You may be a 65 year old man and where born a husker fan, and your saying that just because someone was born 45 years later than you and they have been a husker fan since they where born, that make you a bigger husker fan than them. That my friend is a load of crap, just because you were born before them makes you a better fan, please. Some fans go to the games because it fun to be with friend and family, some go because the love the Huskers with all their heart and actually are very informed, do research, and follow the husker day-to-day(ME), and some go because it one more reason to get drunk. But lets face it all colleges have these fan, all age groups have these fans, and they will never go away.

And back to the booze factor, I also wish people could drink responsibly, But you know what it never has happened and never will. That's why there are laws against people driving when they have been drinking. I'm not at all saying this should be enforced at the stadium, i'm just say that they are not the same at all. again people have never drank responsibly, because if they did no one would have died from alcohol poising or drunk drivers.

All and all if you think your a better husker fan, get off you high horse and stop being so snooty. Drunk people are everywhere you go. And in all husker fans eyes Nebraska will always be number one.

ke5Mr5eCF2U

Tuff Tiger spawn?

well that made no sense to me...could you explain it please

Try reading your post out loud..Or do you talk like that?

Sorry..I know correcting someone's grammar is very politically incorrect on this board, but when Tuff Tiger doesn't visit as often, some of us get rusty trying to figure out the regional? dialect.

I try to chalk it up to typos as much as I can (Still trying to teach myself to type), but some posts you have to make three or four attempts to try to put it into somewhat recognizable sentence structure.

I (think) I like what you posted...Just not entirely sure what it was.

My posts are pretty bad sometimes, too..I re-read some older posts of mine and still wonder wtf I was trying to say.

:bang

dedhoarse

Ok, so we've learned in this thread.....

1. Democrats are for rich, old people. Man, who are all the young, poor people involved in the Democrat Party.

2. College Students drink alcohol, holy shiet! That a new one.

3. We have to have a pissing contest about which fan is more important!?! BTW, it is not the State of Nebraska's football team, it is the UNIVERSITY of Nebraska's football team.

4. Maybe we should quit worrying about being the classiest fans in all of CFB and maybe go by what the signs say.....

I don't see classiest, I see greatest.

post-5480-1252966855.jpg

:bang

dedhoarse

Ok, so we've learned in this thread.....

1. Democrats are for rich, old people. Man, who are all the young, poor people involved in the Democrat Party.

2. College Students drink alcohol, holy shiet! That a new one.

3. We have to have a pissing contest about which fan is more important!?! BTW, it is not the State of Nebraska's football team, it is the UNIVERSITY of Nebraska's football team.

4. Maybe we should quit worrying about being the classiest fans in all of CFB and maybe go by what the signs say.....

I don't see classiest, I see greatest.

To quote Fear and Loathing... Scene: Elevator with Cameron Diaz, J Depp and Benicio

C:What class are you in?

B:Class?! what the F*@K do you mean?!

C:What do you ride?

B:Oh!! I ride the BIG PHUCKERS!!

:rollin

:blink: This is at every football stadium across the land, there will always be annoying and drunk people at games, this is FOOTBALL! Anyone been to a high school game lately? There are idiots there too... Plain and simple if people's actions are so bad and disgraceful for you, stay home. :throw

EXACTLY!!

I love all the people in this thread that thing in order to be "classy", that you can't create a hostile environment and most of the blue hairs think that people should sit down, be quite and enjoy the game, as if you're watching it on TV. :wtf

I have been going to every home game for 5 years now and I have never seen the "Pu$$y gesture" before last weekend. Personally, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I think it isn't a trend that is going to become something that Memorial stadium is famous for, come on.... You see fans at every stadium across the country shouting profanities as the camera pans across and no matter what game you are watching, if you pause the game... you WILL see a middle finger somewhere in the crowd. I love how one person gets all butt hurt about a gesture while trying to impress his girlfriend and it brings all the whiners out of the woodwork. Things that are inappropriate are guaranteed to happen when 85,000 + people are thrown in a bowl together, it's easy to deal with. Just don't pay attention to it. Now I know occassionally there are the ridiculous drunks that don't shut up the entire game, and make life miserable for everyone around them. Those are few and far between. This thread is making it sound like the ENTIRE student section is one big mob just looking for an excuse to tarnish our school's good name. Get off it.

If you don't want to see inappropriate things that will always continue in the student section, don't sit by it... or watch the game on TV... obviously you can see better on tv without all the students standing in your way... :rant

Yeah, that and.... dedhoarse

:blink: This is at every football stadium across the land, there will always be annoying and drunk people at games, this is FOOTBALL! Anyone been to a high school game lately? There are idiots there too... Plain and simple if people's actions are so bad and disgraceful for you, stay home. :throw

EXACTLY!!

I love all the people in this thread that thing in order to be "classy", that you can't create a hostile environment and most of the blue hairs think that people should sit down, be quite and enjoy the game, as if you're watching it on TV. :wtf

I have been going to every home game for 5 years now and I have never seen the "Pu$$y gesture" before last weekend. Personally, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I think it isn't a trend that is going to become something that Memorial stadium is famous for, come on.... You see fans at every stadium across the country shouting profanities as the camera pans across and no matter what game you are watching, if you pause the game... you WILL see a middle finger somewhere in the crowd. I love how one person gets all butt hurt about a gesture while trying to impress his girlfriend and it brings all the whiners out of the woodwork. Things that are inappropriate are guaranteed to happen when 85,000 + people are thrown in a bowl together, it's easy to deal with. Just don't pay attention to it. Now I know occassionally there are the ridiculous drunks that don't shut up the entire game, and make life miserable for everyone around them. Those are few and far between. This thread is making it sound like the ENTIRE student section is one big mob just looking for an excuse to tarnish our school's good name. Get off it.

If you don't want to see inappropriate things that will always continue in the student section, don't sit by it... or watch the game on TV... obviously you can see better on tv without all the students standing in your way... :rant

Yeah, that and.... dedhoarse

Post of the thread.

Try reading your post out loud..Or do you talk like that?

Sorry..I know correcting someone's grammar is very politically incorrect on this board, but when Tuff Tiger doesn't visit as often, some of us get rusty trying to figure out the regional? dialect.

I try to chalk it up to typos as much as I can (Still trying to teach myself to type), but some posts you have to make three or four attempts to try to put it into somewhat recognizable sentence structure.

I (think) I like what you posted...Just not entirely sure what it was.

My posts are pretty bad sometimes, too..I re-read some older posts of mine and still wonder wtf I was trying to say.

I went back and started to read my post and had to quit before the end of the first sentence. Sorry for my typos, spelling erros, ect. but i did write this at 2:30 in the morning so give me a little bit of a break, and i was on a rant for all the stupid comments people made. Once again i am sorry.

37 - I know you know.

And I know you know I know you know.

So I appreciate the irony.

:thumbs:bounce

Yeah, Buddy..

Wait..What?

You think my Penmanship on here is bad..You should hear me talk..(combination "Low talker/Speed talker" who mumbles way too much).

I was watching the 1st episode of Jay Leno tonight and he was caving to the younger? rap crowd by having two or three "artists" do their auction/square dance thing..at the same time....and I noticed two of the wrappers (Jaycee? and Kanyey West?) doing the same hand signal at the end of the video that I did with my day-old Son..Is this the same thing that started this thread?

Is this the vaginal hand sign?..near the end.

c4aqwjCVCp8

I actually almost liked it...or at least I didn't dive for the remote.

Sherm..

See what I did there?

Misspelled their names just to protect my image of hating all things hipty hop.