Most Impressive Player So Far This Season

huskerguy

Im gonna go with players that i didnt expect to make an impact during the first two games.

HB Rex Burkhead

WR Curenski Gilleylen

OT Ricky Henry

DT Jared Crick

LB Will Compton

LB Eric Martin

CB Prince Amukamara

Out of all of those, I'd say Jared Crick has made the biggest impression. A sophmore DT that saw a little playing time last year as a R-Freshman, erupts this year looking like a veteran DT like Suh. Well done, and im looking forward to him and Baker working side by side during the next 2 years.

Isn't there another Freshman I-Back Redshirting from Texas that is suppose to be better than Burkhead. I believe his H.S. Team #1 in the Nation for most of the season.

I think you are talking about Dontrayevous Robinson. He isn't better than Burkhead nor was he ever as hyped as Rex. Not saying he will not contribute or even be a good player, just not as good right now or in HS as Rex was/is. He was in the mix to try and get the 3rd back spot early on after Castille got dismissed, but not much lately about him. Just for the record no one is officially redshirted yet. If the player doesn't get any snaps at the end of the year then they can count that year as a RS.

D-Rob is supposed to be pretty dang good, just not as hearaled as Burkhead. The thing is he's a different kind of back and is going to need a redshirt year to put on weight and bulk up to fit his frame,

As far as players whom have surprised, I just find it refreshing that we can name half a dozen or so off the top of our heads for the first time in a while. All around the team these guys with fanfare are proving to be worth the hype and those that were less hyped are proving to be just as hungry and ready to play. Quite a turnaround from the past few years of top tier accolades and bottom tier effort.

wow everyone is so excited about Z-lee. calm down, 7th in the nation huh ? WOW we played Arkansas STATE and a Florida so great i cant even remember there full name, international, atlantic?? BOO... we will see what Lee really has to bring this saturday, NONE of us have seen how well he plays yet imo.

So who's more impressive so far? Keep in mind all of the Nebraska players played Arkansas STATE and FAU.

It's not about who Zac Lee beat, but how he beat them....with coolness and pose to step into the pocket, quiet feet, ability to throw the deep ball, and deadly accuracy that makes him my pick. If someone would've told me that a guy who has thrown 2 passes since he left junior college would be 7th in the nation with a 73 percent rating, I would've said "you're crazy."

And Prince Amukamara...All we've heard is that he's not living up to expectations and just isn't grasping the defense. The kid had a great game last week so I'm givin' it up for Prince.

Im gonna go with players that i didnt expect to make an impact during the first two games.

HB Rex Burkhead

WR Curenski Gilleylen

OT Ricky Henry

DT Jared Crick

LB Will Compton

LB Eric Martin

CB Prince Amukamara

Out of all of those, I'd say Jared Crick has made the biggest impression. A sophmore DT that saw a little playing time last year as a R-Freshman, erupts this year looking like a veteran DT like Suh. Well done, and im looking forward to him and Baker working side by side during the next 2 years.

WTF is an HB?

Pretty nice list, but you need to add Zac Lee.

HB Rex Burkhead

WR Curenski Gilleylen

OT Ricky Henry

DT Jared Crick

LB Will Compton

LB Eric Martin

CB Prince Amukamara

WTF is an HB?

Pretty nice list, but you need to add Zac Lee.

HB=Half Back

100th post :hellloooo

Im very impressed with Lee as is everyone else.

Our line is doing a better job protecting the QB.

I am also impressed with the growth of out defensive secondary(compared to last year).

Crick is growing up fast. Hope the Lbs grow fast too(sept. 19).