There is a rumor going around that Zac Lee broke his throwing hand on the final play of the game

speedtoburn

Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini addressed the status of quarterback Zac Lee during Monday's Big 12 Coaches Conference Call.

"He's fine," Pelini said when asked about his health status.

Pelini was also asked how his play on Saturday would effect him throughout the season.

"I don't think it will change him at all," Pelini said. "He's fine. I think he'll be able to come back. It's just one experience for him and I think he'll be better because of it."

From Rivals

Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini addressed the status of quarterback Zac Lee during Monday's Big 12 Coaches Conference Call.

Pelini was also asked how his play on Saturday would effect him throughout the season.

"I don't think it will change him at all," Pelini said. "He's fine. I think he'll be able to come back. It's just one experience for him and I think he'll be better because of it."

From Rivals

Squashed......?

From Rivals

Squashed......?

Hasn't the words "He's fine" come out of his mouth before and it turned out to be untrue?

I taped the game, and was re-watching last night. I made it to the end of the third, and was watching Zac for anything unusual. I did notice during the third quarter, that when tackled, he pushed himself up with his right hand.

I would have to think that if his throwing hand is injured, he would be favoring the left hand more. Or he is just a total hard@ss.

For what its worth.

The rumor is that his LEFT, non throwing hand is the one that's hurt. His throwing hand is fine....

I hope so.

I would prefer both hands be fine.

ME TOO!! I didnt notice Lee favoring his hand, but wouldnt surprise me if he hid it from the coaches. I think we would have heard by now if Lee wasnt going to be able to play. I think we will see more from Green this weekend, and MAYBE Washington!?

I do believe that Zac Lee will play on Saturday. But for your information the only he would be obligated to know is the 2 deep. It would be terrible for coach Pelini to announce that Zac is hurt and cant play. Why update the other team?

I think we will see more from Green this weekend, and MAYBE Washington!?

Not unless we see a sizeable lead during the game

fair enough... now that the rumor appears to be squashed, I agree 100%. Lee has got to up his game for the road, and this weekend is the first step to finishing undefeated for the last 9 games.

just got on for the 1st time since saturday night, hadn't heard this yet... But for those saying this rumor is squashed just because "when asked of Lee's status, Pelini said he's fine"....could be referring to him being the starter after his struggles on the road @ tech.. especially with how he goes into detail about how he's find and it'll make him better...hence not addressing the hand rumor....

Brian Rosenthal was on 1620 and said he heard something, The two guys on 1620 heard about something with Zac's non-throwing arm. He may have been hurt but it might not be serious, or Pelini isn't tipping his hand as to an injury yet. He doesn't have to tell anyone. They don't have an injury report like in the NFL.

Brian Rosenthal was on 1620 and said he heard something, The two guys on 1620 heard about something with Zac's non-throwing arm. He may have been hurt but it might not be serious, or Pelini isn't tipping his hand as to an injury yet. He doesn't have to tell anyone. They don't have an injury report like in the NFL.

According to Rivals, Pelini did say that Lee is fine and will not miss any playing time on Saturday. Of course, he didn't exactly elaborate, but as you said he doesn't have to Dan_F_30.

I don't think there is anything to worry about, especially if it is his non-throwing arm. Sure, he might favor it a bit if he takes a hit, but it shouldn't be an issue.

This is on omaha.com:

Nebraska quarterback Zac Lee wore a protective device on his left non-throwing thumb and did not dress for practice today as the Huskers began physical preparations for their meeting Saturday night at home against Louisiana-Lafayette.

True freshman Cody Green worked with the first-team offense as Lee watched without pads, in his green jersey, on the grass fields east of the Hawks Center.