Witt Starting at Yale

sdhusker82

"I finally just decided, if I'm going into spring practice, I'm going to be here this fall and I'm going to graduate from Nebraska," Witt said.

That's not what he wanted. What Witt wanted is the vibrant academic atmosphere he has found at Yale in classes such as "Political Philosophy of Abraham Lincoln" and "Comparative Welfare Policy in Developing Countries." He wanted a locker room where the level of humor rose above towel-snapping. Girls are a topic of conversation, but so is health care.

He found a locker room, he said, where he heard the refrain "C's get degrees." He saw Nebraska players who graduated in 2008 struggle to find the kind of job that might appeal to him.

What an a$$. One of my degrees is from Cornell and would never think, let alone say such B.S. The education, no matter where you go, is what YOU make of it. Even at Mizzou this is case.

Was Lincoln's political philosophy to beat up desk assistants at college dormitories? If so, Witt might exempt out of that class...

Yeah, Witt is WAY to high-level for the pettiness of the State school system. :sarcasm

Not surprised at the way he characterizes the Huskers. Whatever. He wasn't a good fit here, and we weren't a good fit for him. No biggie.

Good luck to him in the future, and here's hoping he puts that degree to good use.

Good move for him. No one who ever graduated from UNL ever amounted to anything. :sarcasm

Sincerely,

Warren Buffett

Who also had a degree from Wharton at UPenn- another Ivy League school.

Lay off the kid, if I were in his shoes I would have done the same thing. I would take an education from Yale over UNL any day and I have a degree from UNL. Attending Yale like playing for the Huskers is a once in a lifetime thing. It's his life, let him make what he wants of it. He left the program without much controversy unlike other players that are kicked off and make a huge fuss. He has my thumbs up.

Don't you think we're being a little over sensitive here?

I would put it like this:

At Nebraska there are football players who happen to go to school.

At Yale there are scholars who happen to play football.

Different set of priorities. Making sure everyone gets the most out of their schooling or even graduates is not really what winning D1 programs are all about. They are about winning football games.

Not surprised at the way he characterizes the Huskers. Whatever. He wasn't a good fit here, and we weren't a good fit for him. No biggie.

Good luck to him in the future, and here's hoping he puts that degree to good use.

Good move for him. No one who ever graduated from UNL ever amounted to anything. :sarcasm

Sincerely,

Warren Buffett

Lay off the kid, if I were in his shoes I would have done the same thing. I would take an education from Yale over UNL any day and I have a degree from UNL. Attending Yale like playing for the Huskers is a once in a lifetime thing. It's his life, let him make what he wants of it. He left the program without much controversy unlike other players that are kicked off and make a huge fuss. He has my thumbs up.

I don't think most of us have an issue with him leaving rather the comments attributed to him from the story posted in this thread.

Sincerely,

Warren Buffett

Without question it's a thrill, privilege, and an honor to attend and graduate from an Ivy League school. However he knew what he was saying and said it to slam the U of N and his former teammates.

For that he doesn't deserve a thumbs up from anybody.

As for Buffett's time at Penn, he stayed two years, complaining that he knew more than his professors. After NU he applied to Harvard Business School which rejected him as being too young. After being rejected by HBS he applied then enrolled at Columbia.

No kidding. Not to mention the fact that one could name a HUGE amount of successful individuals who graduated from Yale.

No kidding. Not to mention the fact that one could name a HUGE amount of successful individuals who graduated from Yale.

Depends on your definition of success.

Plus, one could probably find a larger list of successful individuals who never went to ANY college.

Like that guy that invented the pet rock, you can't teach that kind of genius in school.

Sincerely,

Warren Buffett

Who does? Buffett doesn't. UNL for bachelor's, Columbia University for Masters.

Depends on your definition of success.

Plus, one could probably find a larger list of successful individuals who never went to ANY college.

Like that guy that invented the pet rock, you can't teach that kind of genius in school.

Exactly. So many people equate success to financial wealth.