Nebraska should be a Top 10 team next year

FLU

Hard to be placed in the Top 10 in preseason polls coming off a 6-6 season.

6 and 6 Come on man at least be in the ballpark. We arent going to come off a 9-4 season and regress that far in Pelinis second year. Thats ridiculous. UNLESS Green is our starter because of injury to Lee but even then I think we will be better than 6-6. <_<

BTW By the tone of your posts I suggest you post more frequently in the woodshed. PM any mod or admin for the password.

By the word tone I mean that you are out to stir up a reaction IMO which in the shed is not a problem.

I'm not trying to troll...not trying to flame...not trying to stir up a reaction.....and I already have the woodshed password.

I'm glad you guys have faith in the Huskers, much like I have faith in Mizzou.

There are some out here (some that have posted in this thread) that don't drink the Kool-Aid.

They might agree with a lot of my predictions.

I will post what I honestly think will happen with the Husker games.

I'm posting honestly and not trying to be a dik.

I predicted the first three games correctly in a pool at work.

I'll pick it up with the ULL game.

Louisiana-Lafayette - W (Easy win. Huskers named 2009 Sun Belt Champs)

Missouri - L (Sorry...but I'm drinking the Tiger juice. I think the Tigers season really starts to roll on October 8)

Texas Tech L (Gave Texas a game. This game might go either way, but I'll go with my preseason prediction).

Iowa State W (Black hole - easy win)

Baylor L (Mizzou had a tough time at Baylor last year. Griffin a year wiser. I'm not convinced the Huskers can contain him. If he gets past the front line, forget it).

Oklahoma L (With or without Bradford....it's a loss for the 'skers)

Kansas L (Probably the best in the North. Very experienced team)

Kansas State W (Snyder dreading his decision to return)

Colorado W (Trying to save Hawkins job might bode bad for the Huskers, but I have faith in your team).

That my friends is a 6-6 season.

At best 7-5 if you can hold off both Texas Tech and Colorado.

Your squad better not overlook Baylor. They are tougher than they appear. A definite trap game.

I look forward to a retort with no name calling.....you see, I'm trying to play by the rules.

That's exactly what everyone said about the Baylor game last year, "a trap game"... and we contained them and beat them 31-20 with a defense that is not as solid as it appears this year. And don't get it twisted, I definitely said, "appears" because nothing is certain as we don't know much about VT. BUT... Tyrod Taylor is mobile just like Griffin and has a better arm, IMO, as Griffin can't throw to save his life. I know Mizzou struggled against Baylor last year, Nebraska DIDN'T...

Nebraska will have no problem containing Griffin and Baylor has NO OTHER WEAPONS.... he is the entire team, and once he leave the school, the conversation about baylor on the rise will die.

I can't argue with you about the other 4 losses, Mizzou, Tech, Kansas and OU because those are all toss up games, IMO. I believe we can win against Mizzou and Kansas and I think that Tech has it coming from us.. It's at Memorial stadium and I don't care how good of a game Tech gave UT. Tech is notorious for playing bad on the road and I think they get up better for playing Texas because they are rivals. The game this week against Houston will tell greatly how much better Tech is this year on the road. If they handle business, then ill begin to get worried. I see Nebraska going no worse than 9-3 this regular season as I believe we will take AT LEAST 2 of the 4 games (Mizzou, Tech, Kansas and OU).

I have no problem with your prediction, but I'm not wearing red tinted glasses and you know as well as I do that nebraska is not going to go .500 this year, but I think your golden tinted glasses are preventing you from seeing that

:restore

I'm looking at the mizzou schedule and with their 4 patsies to start the year and wins against Iowa state and K State they will make a bowl. Probably the Independence and it will be broadcast by the NFL network. I see a 4-0 Tiger squad losing to the Skers, @ OK State and Texas showing the home folks in Columbia how far they have to go. Trying to heal their wounds in Boulder at 4-3 will be a coin toss as CU is full of confidence after their win over K State. Win that game and I'll give you Baylor especially after what the Skers do to them the week before. So it's 6-3 or 4-5. Obviously there are 2 more wins versus the Clones and Kittens to get you to that magic 6 wins to be bowl eligible. So the Tigers finish the season with KU at anywhere between 8-3 or 6-5. I'm going with KU in that one. Mizzou finishes the regular season at 6-6 or 7-5 at best. Just an objective viewpoint from someone not drinking Tiger Koolaide.

I honestly can see it happening just as predicted. But I can see it happening a lot better with only one more loss.

Our seasons depends solely on the kids learning to play controlled.

We are capable of winning every game except Oklahoma is my guess.

But we can not have pentalties like last week. Zac can not continue at a 33% completion rate.

Helu must step up and score inside the twenty. No more redzone failures like last week.

Pelini must depend on his offense at times.

I really have no idea of how good or how bad we are, in honesty last week told me we are a lot like we were under Callahan. Out of control. That being said, I am hoping the pentalties were due to crowd noise.

Tomorrow night will give us an idea of where we are in the whole scheme of things. If Miami routes VaTech which I feel they will there will be a lot of questions. If VaTech holds their offense down and wins, we will look a lot better. Miami is the hot chick in town right now.

Mizzou will give us all we want, Kansas the same. I am not that concerned about Baylor, as ususal Texas Tech scares the bejesus out of me.

I will be watching the Miami/VaTech game, most likely more than I watch Nebraska this weekend.

I honestly can see it happening just as predicted. But I can see it happening a lot better with only one more loss.

Our seasons depends solely on the kids learning to play controlled.

We are capable of winning every game except Oklahoma is my guess.

But we can not have pentalties like last week. Zac can not continue at a 33% completion rate.

Helu must step up and score inside the twenty. No more redzone failures like last week.

Pelini must depend on his offense at times.

I really have no idea of how good or how bad we are, in honesty last week told me we are a lot like we were under Callahan. Out of control. That being said, I am hoping the pentalties were due to crowd noise.

Tomorrow night will give us an idea of where we are in the whole scheme of things. If Miami routes VaTech which I feel they will there will be a lot of questions. If VaTech holds their offense down and wins, we will look a lot better. Miami is the hot chick in town right now.

Mizzou will give us all we want, Kansas the same. I am not that concerned about Baylor, as ususal Texas Tech scares the bejesus out of me.

I will be watching the Miami/VaTech game, most likely more than I watch Nebraska this weekend.

:worship

I'm now officially questioning your football acumen. I'm also wondering if you even watched the VT game. I'll give you a pass on our PPV Sunbelt games, but even then all you have to do is watch Big XII No Huddle on FOX and you can pick up the highlights.

Let me help you out where I see some problems...

Missouri - I appreciate your Tiger-aid drinking, I really do, but you have zero evidence that your Tigers will triumph. Your SOS is 111th in the nation (Sagarin) compared to Nebraska's 73rd.

C'mon knapp.

I live here in Omaha.

See the REPEAT Husker hi-lites on the 4 Husker channels in town.

I saw parts of the Tech game and enough coverage to offer up a half-educated analysis.

and Strength of Schedule?

Are you for real?

You can't use that in football.

College Basketball maybe, but not in football.

You can only use that in the polls....it doesn't come in to play for predictions.

I'm now officially questioning your football acumen. I'm also wondering if you even watched the VT game. I'll give you a pass on our PPV Sunbelt games, but even then all you have to do is watch Big XII No Huddle on FOX and you can pick up the highlights.

Let me help you out where I see some problems...

Missouri - I appreciate your Tiger-aid drinking, I really do, but you have zero evidence that your Tigers will triumph. Your SOS is 111th in the nation (Sagarin) compared to Nebraska's 73rd.

C'mon knapp.

I live here in Omaha.

See the REPEAT Husker hi-lites on the 4 Husker channels in town.

I saw parts of the Tech game and enough coverage to offer up a half-educated analysis.

and Strength of Schedule?

Are you for real?

You can't use that in football.

College Basketball maybe, but not in football.

You can only use that in the polls....it doesn't come in to play for predictions.

I don't think the actual SOS really helps in predictions either, but seeing how a team beats their opposition is a fairly solid way to gauge a team's talent.

Based on how VT is whipping up on Miami right now....NU may just be a top ten team this year.

Our defense played a hell of game last week and came up one play short, otherwise we'd be sitting just outside the top 10 right now and VT would be whipping up on Miami making our win look even that more impressive.

We may be a pretty decent football team yet. Time will tell. A lot of football left.

Well, with the way VT killed miami today and how we should have beat them last week ( dedhoarse Ok, I know it's getting old, just saying). If we can play with the same heart and intensity the rest of the season, (and stop the breakdowns at the last minute) we may come very close to, if not crack, the top ten this year. I am just so excited about what Bo is doing with the program, it's good to feel this way again.

:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore

P.S. Sorry Mizzu, after today, I am not so sure we should be as worried about our match up with you in two weeks. :box

Well, with the way VT killed miami today and how we should have beat them last week ( dedhoarse Ok, I know it's getting old, just saying). If we can play with the same heart and intensity the rest of the season, (and stop the breakdowns at the last minute) we may come very close to, if not crack, the top ten this year. I am just so excited about what Bo is doing with the program, it's good to feel this way again.

:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore:restore

P.S. Sorry Mizzu, after today, I am not so sure we should be as worried about our match up with you in two weeks. :box

Please keep thinking that way, it only benefits us more

Please keep thinking that way, it only benefits us more

Hey, alittle smack talk can be fun!!! :w00t:w00t:w00t