Key Tell for the Missouri Game

Billyball

What did Gabbart end up for stats? Seems like he gets into too big of a hurry and misses receivers badly. I was expecting a lot better showing by this great Mizzou team I have been reading about on here the last couple of days... <_< Honestly thought they would have a better performance before they enter conference play. Makes the 8th worth the price of admission :)

It was pretty obvious that the Tigers have a ways to go. Both lines are not even average, they have no running game and Gabbert doesn't like pressure and stepping up into the pocket. After watching the Blackshirts contain a vastly quicker Taylor I don't see Gabbert getting much more than a faceful of Suh!! Not very impressive Mizzou fans.

Mizzou v. Nevada just ended. I'll give Tigers fans this, Gabbert is good and will likely be a star soon. However, the Tigers rushing game is weak and Nevada did a great job plugging it all game. With the exception of a couple big runs, Mizzou is one-dimentional. Gabbert bailed Mizzou out of a half dozen third and longs by scrambling and throwing. The game completely changed on Lippincotts' fumble early in the 4th. Otherwise Nevada might win outright.

Thats all good against Nevada who does not have the best athletes, but Gabbert won't get that kind of time against Nebraska. And if they can't run it, we'll bring the wood on the pass and trust that Suh is way bigger and faster than anyone Nevada has (Although than Brandon Marshall, #33 is a stud).

Mizzou's defense also had no answer for how well Kaepernick could run. Granted Zac Lee can't run like him but Helu can. Nebraska running game is going to set up a couple longer passes by Nebraska and the Huskers defense will render Mizzou one dimentional. Plus with the extra week for Nebraska to prepare, it's over.

Once again like I have said in my blog, don't take teams that haven't played anyone seriously. A late win against Bowling Green and a 10-point win over a winless Nevada doesn't impress me.

I will give Missouri this: The passing game looked pretty good, and Blaine Gabbert looked pretty good, but he still hasn't been tested the way Zac Lee has been. Suh will make sure to give him a Cornhusker welcome to the Big 12.

The Mizzou offense looks 1-dimensional, and I hope our secondary can just play better than Nevada's did last night. The Missouri defense looked plain awful at times, and I really think they are going to have a lot of trouble containing Roy Helu.

I give the early edge to Nebraska right now.

That UNR funble inside the 10 changed everything but at the same time Husker fans need Mizzo to win, we need that to be a big game Oct 8th.

It would be nice if some of the bottom of the Top 25 teams (minus Nebraska of course) would lose this weekend so Missouri can be ranked a little higher when we play them.

In the AP Poll: Michigan, North Carolina, Georgia and Washington

In the Coach's Poll: BYU, North Carolina, and Georgia

I left out the Big 12 teams.

Michigan has Indiana this week

North Carolina plays Georgia Tech

Washington plays Stanford

Georgia plays Arizona St

BYU plays Colorado State

Plus we have another week, so maybe, Missouri can climb up to the #20 or better spot so we can get that monkey off our backs of not beating a Top 20 team.