Nebraska is the best team in the North

You can gloss that over all you like, but the fact of the matter is that an 0-3 team at the bottom of the charts in scoring offense and defense took your team into the fourth quarter, and out-rushed you by a 3:1 ratio.

.....and Mizzou outgained them in the air 414-146.

I should certainly hope so - Nevada is 118th out of 120 teams vs. the pass. This is nothing to brag about; Colorado could have done this.

You can gloss that over all you like, but the fact of the matter is that an 0-3 team at the bottom of the charts in scoring offense and defense took your team into the fourth quarter, and out-rushed you by a 3:1 ratio.

I should certainly hope so - Nevada is 118th out of 120 teams vs. the pass. This is nothing to brag about; Colorado could have done this.

Just making sure you list ALL the facts, man....ALL the facts.

Just making sure you list ALL the facts, man....ALL the facts.

You're going to get a full dose of facts here in a while. Just keep your pants on.

this thread is exactly what slays me about mizzery... a few winning seasons and suddenly they are the team to beat. win something, something worth bragging about. until that happens, its just gum flappin on mizzery's part , literally.

That's something I'm still trying to figure out. We all know Nebraska hasn't done sh#t yet under Pelini. There's optimism, and for good reason, but this idea that Missouri has arrived as a program is cringe worthy. Arrived at what, exactly?

Good news for us is, they're not going to arrive at anything until they make a commitment to playing defense. Once in awhile they bust out a good performance, but week in week out, not that impressive.

And I disagreed when they ranked Mizzou #8 in week 2. The problem they're having is that there are just not good top 10 teams right now. Florida and Texas are the closest things, and even they don't look that good this year so far.

I understand your point, but even when a big team loses to a lesser team, it doesn't make sense to knock them waaay out of the rankings. Like I said about USC, even if they lost to Washington and struggled at times against Washington State University, there is now way that there are 17 teams in the nation that are better than USC. I may not like em, but they are still one of the top 4 or 5 best teams in the nation.

Missouri will be suprised early on how physical and talented the Huskers are this year, nothing close to what they've seen so far.

Umm, you act like we've never played a team that knows how to hit. And furthermore, you seem to forget that Mizzou defenses, for while now, but especially this year, have a reputation for laying the lumber.

I find it interesting that so many NU fans seem to think NU is going to be 100% better just because they hit harder and want it more than last year. Perhaps I'm missing something, and if so, I'll be eating crow in a couple of weeks, but I still think NU has a talent gap to make up.

Its not an act, dawg. Not sure why you take one sentence and start wigging out. If you do not think the Huskers have become more physical and more talented than they were last year, then you'll be just as suprised as your team. How is that difficult to understand? Its not even a shot at MU either. The huskers are better this year. They've improved. And it starts with their toughness and how physical they are. You may want to re-read what I wrote entierly instead of jumping up and down and wasting a lot of hot air.

Note to everyone: all teams VT beats this year are overrated and Illinois is a national powerhouse.

The ridiculousness of your proposition would seem to indicate I'm overhyping the Illini and under-respecting VT. But of course, your apparent proposition is just as ridiculous: that the Illini are a talentless, horrible team that have no shot at a bowl game, and VT is a national title contender.

The reality of course lies somewhere in between. Illinois is not a good as Miami this year, but of course, we didn't lose to them. Beat them pretty handily in fact. Virginia Tech is a perennially overrated team. Don't get me wrong, I love em. Beamer ball rocks. But they are not top 5, and if they were, that says more about the lack of quality teams this year than the strength of their team.

Don't forget how badly they got spanked by Alabama. Miami, meanwhile, is a young team that didn't play its best, and at the same time, was never a top 10 team anyway. 3 weeks ago, people thought the FSU/Miami game would be a snoozer. But a couple of decent but not great wins later they're an unstoppable powerhouse? Preseason rankings can be way off, but sportswriters clearly got a case of starstruck love looking at all their playmakers, and forgetting that they're a) young and B) don't have a particularly good defense.

On the flip side, Mizzou hasn't played anyone nearly as good as Nebraska, but we have played competition that has been good enough to test us, and that's worth something. NU fans wanting to dismiss us will naturally say that being tested shows Mizzou is weak. I think a more balanced opinion of someone who watched the games sees a young, imperfect team that's capable of both bad things and great things. If the former shows up, you'll beat us. If the latter shows up, I think we run away with the game and it's not close. Somewhere in the middle, where it's likely to be, it's a competitive game.

Actually, that isn't ridiculous at all. Granted, all Illinois has to do to make a bowl is get 6 wins, but unfortunately you can be pretty terrible and still make a bowl game. Shoot, if we could have pulled things together for another win, say holding on and beating Texas in 07 we would have been in a bowl game with our worst team ever.

I will not be surprised at all if VT wins out now. And with Bama as their only loss and teh way top ten been droppin like flies, sure, VT definitely is a contender. It might be hard for a mizzou fan that thinks football is only won or lost on the offensive side of the ball to understand this, though.

Let's just dispense with the notion that Illinois is in any way a good team. They're ranked below 85 (out of 120) in scoring offense, passing defense and scoring defense. So they can't stop anyone with even a competent passing game, and they can't keep their opponents out of the end zone, and they can't score much themselves.

The good news is, they're mediocre at rushing defense - ranked right in the middle of the pack at 59. They are, however, #35 in the nation at their specialty, running the football.

Let's just dispense with the notion that Illinois is in any way a good team. They're ranked below 85 (out of 120) in scoring offense, passing defense and scoring defense. So they can't stop anyone with even a competent passing game, and they can't keep their opponents out of the end zone, and they can't score much themselves.

The good news is, they're mediocre at rushing defense - ranked right in the middle of the pack at 59. They are, however, #35 in the nation at their specialty, running the football.

Well we can all stop the p***** match come next Thursday night. A big leg up on being "The Best Team in the North" will be the winner of that game. Until the horn sounds to end it, it's just jabber. It's fun to try to figure out how the game will go, but it's pretty much a useless exercise. I think we are a better team and will score with Missouri this year. On the other hand I thought that last year.

I think as long as Lee and the WR and TEs can give us a balanced attack we will be fine. I don't think we can score enough points without throwing the ball well. Could be wrong.

I think if we can keep Misery from hooking up for the big plays and pressure Gabbert enough with our front four to keep him in check, we'll have a great night on D.

The truth is that while I bet it will be a close game this year; it could be a blow out in either direction. Ask FSU fans about how that works. :) Neither team has proved they are anything very special to this point. One undefeated having played weak teams. One beating weak teams and losing to the one good team they played on the road in a close game. Whoever wins Thursday next will have some braggin rights and if it is the Huskers, it should bode well for our game with TT and our chance of winning the North.

One step at a time is wise.

Well we can all stop the p***** match come next Thursday night. A big leg up on being "The Best Team in the North" will be the winner of that game. Until the horn sounds to end it, it's just jabber. It's fun to try to figure out how the game will go, but it's pretty much a useless exercise. I think we are a better team and will score with Missouri this year. On the other hand I thought that last year.

I think as long as Lee and the WR and TEs can give us a balanced attack we will be fine. I don't think we can score enough points without throwing the ball well. Could be wrong.

I think if we can keep Misery from hooking up for the big plays and pressure Gabbert enough with our front four to keep him in check, we'll have a great night on D.

The truth is that while I bet it will be a close game this year; it could be a blow out in either direction. Ask FSU fans about how that works. :) Neither team has proved they are anything very special to this point. One undefeated having played weak teams. One beating weak teams and losing to the one good team they played on the road in a close game. Whoever wins Thursday next will have some braggin rights and if it is the Huskers, it should bode well for our game with TT and our chance of winning the North.

Watch out!!!! They will take away your Husker fan card for this kind of talk. You know the kind...sensible.

Sure, no problem. Only next time, try quoting someone who's actually starting these ridiculous conversations instead of someone who's trying to answer outrageous claims. ;)

this thread is exactly what slays me about mizzery... a few winning seasons and suddenly they are the team to beat. win something, something worth bragging about. until that happens, its just gum flappin on mizzery's part , literally.

That's something I'm still trying to figure out. We all know Nebraska hasn't done sh#t yet under Pelini. There's optimism, and for good reason, but this idea that Missouri has arrived as a program is cringe worthy. Arrived at what, exactly?

Good news for us is, they're not going to arrive at anything until they make a commitment to playing defense. Once in awhile they bust out a good performance, but week in week out, not that impressive.

Who said, "We've arrived as a program"?

We're proud of the Tigers.

We went through some hard times...think how sour you would be if you went through what we went through.

We're winning a little bit.

Embrace our enthusiasm.

Have some fun with the rivalry.

You guys are the ones that stir sh*t up by saying how great you are and you're going to go undefeated in the Big XII, etc, etc, etc.

Just relax and have fun till the 8th.