Nebraska vs Mizzz Speculation

BigRedNV

A thin secondary looks thinner. Lbers are quick to tackle but gave up too many completions first. Looked what you would expect from ones so inexperienced, Bo needed to burn a few shirts last yr on D and these guys that will hurt you in big 12. KU especially will have a field day on this D, BG is likely to have a lot of success deep on you. Just one fans observations.

KU struggled against NU last year, because their O Line was hysterically overmatched. It will be even worse this year.

If Blaine Gabbert burns the Huskers deep, it will be because he ran out of the pocket and found somebody open in broken coverage. He won't have enough time for long routes to develop otherwise. NU's linebackers will be blitzing constantly, because Mizzou's running game is sh#t.

One thing to remember, MU has rarely blitzed so far this season, getting all pressure from front four, who are very fast and athletic group, quicker than the huskers line.

No they aren't.

I am guessing that he is talking more about the ends A.Smith, J. Smith and B. Coulter. Mu plays all 3 on the line with Baston at times.

And I would bet, no matter how much you love you big hosses, that those 3 ends are both faster and more athletic than your Offensive line. Even the biggest of homers should be able to see that... ;)

One thing to remember, MU has rarely blitzed so far this season, getting all pressure from front four, who are very fast and athletic group, quicker than the huskers line.

No they aren't.

I am guessing that he is talking more about the ends A.Smith, J. Smith and B. Coulter. Mu plays all 3 on the line with Baston at times.

And I would bet, no matter how much you love you big hosses, that those 3 ends are both faster and more athletic than your Offensive line. Even the biggest of homers should be able to see that... ;)

fro they may be talented, but no one on MU is near the level of Worilds on VT. NU has seen a very talented D-Line already and handled it. I would argue that Carriker on ASU is better than the MU DE's right now, he is considered a better pro prospect right now anyways. The MU DE's look quick and they may turn out to be very good, but I don't think their game is as good as MU fans would have you believe. Just being fast off of the end isn't enough.

No they aren't.

If he is comparing your DL to the Husker OL I agree. I took it that he was comparing the MU DL to the Husker DL. However, isn't nearly every DL quicker than most OL's? If he means it the way you said it . . . I'm not sure that it proves anything.

No they aren't.

fro they may be talented, but no one on MU is near the level of Worilds on VT. NU has seen a very talented D-Line already and handled it. I would argue that Carriker on ASU is better than the MU DE's right now, he is considered a better pro prospect right now anyways. The MU DE's look quick and they may turn out to be very good, but I don't think their game is as good as MU fans would have you believe. Just being fast off of the end isn't enough.

Well they are both young. one a FR the other a soph. Coulter is a Senior but doesnt have the talent the younger two do. They are still not where they need to be/or probably will end up. But watching them you can see why people get excited. Two very quick, physical and seemingly strong young players who have a ways to go still.

I know they are what they are. They will make big plays (sacks, TFL & ints) and they will make mistakes (chasing the dive instead of taking the QB on a option, losing contain while chasing a QB, and being sucked in on a screen) I for one have not argued that NE hasnt faced good talent on the lines. Mu will proved a different challenge than some others. But that doesnt mean NU cant do well against them.

On a side note though, just because someone isnt the proto type NFL DE doesnt mean they cant bring havoc in the college game. Stryker Sulak did a very good job as a undersized, speedy DE for MU that never had a prayer of playing DE in the NFL

pinkel is stubborn and has done some mighty questionable things in the past, yes like trying to turn BS into a throwing somoan was not wise. Last friday he kept trying two pt conversions when it was not wise as well.

One thing to remember, MU has rarely blitzed so far this season, getting all pressure from front four, who are very fast and athletic group, quicker than the huskers line. Holding anything else back is just talk. Football coaches as a group arn't that smart and rarely are risk takers.

Just saw a half of ragincagin/husker game, Lee looked good on short to intermediary passes, long passes notsomuch. Helu ran very well, impressive! Burkhead was just a guy but I only saw a few touches, receivers were ok, TE's are huge, what did they put mcneil on? he wasn't that big last yr? On the other hand he was covered easily downfield by cagin lbers, not as quick either, other TE is large, decent receiver, not quick. Lee is not much of a runner, has a short quirky throw, nice touch again short and medium. Good possesion type qb, as long as he has time. Helu should do well against tigers. lot of exchange problems while I watched between Lee and Helu plus several bad snaps, is that a thing?

Dline was ok, cagins had success running the ball, not much pressure unless you blitzed with a lot of bodies. secondary was giving up a lot of cushion, asante went down hard after long run, while it may not be a big thing but will limit him, other db went down and isn't coming back. A thin secondary looks thinner. Lbers are quick to tackle but gave up too many completions first. Looked what you would expect from ones so inexperienced, Bo needed to burn a few shirts last yr on D and these guys that will hurt you in big 12. KU especially will have a field day on this D, BG is likely to have a lot of success deep on you. Just one fans observations.

:facepalm:

No they aren't.

If he is comparing your DL to the Husker OL I agree. I took it that he was comparing the MU DL to the Husker DL. However, isn't nearly every DL quicker than most OL's? If he means it the way you said it . . . I'm not sure that it proves anything.

Hey, not my post. :lol: im not sure what that proves, but anyway. I would argue that MU's D line is faster than NU's. But I dont beleive the athletic part. Both lines are pretty athletic. NU is more big and bulky but still moves well. MU's line is built mostly on speed from the edges but had good physical size still. Two completely different ways to build their lines.

No they aren't.

Well they are both young. one a FR the other a soph. Coulter is a Senior but doesnt have the talent the younger two do. They are still not where they need to be/or probably will end up. But watching them you can see why people get excited. Two very quick, physical and seemingly strong young players who have a ways to go still.

I know they are what they are. They will make big plays (sacks, TFL & ints) and they will make mistakes (chasing the dive instead of taking the QB on a option, losing contain while chasing a QB, and being sucked in on a screen) I for one have not argued that NE hasnt faced good talent on the lines. Mu will proved a different challenge than some others. But that doesnt mean NU cant do well against them.

On a side note though, just because someone isnt the proto type NFL DE doesnt mean they cant bring havoc in the college game. Stryker Sulak did a very good job as a undersized, speedy DE for MU that never had a prayer of playing DE in the NFL

Good point about the CFB vs. NFL player fro, I will concede that. I think the inexperience and tendency, at least from what I saw of MU thus far, to speed rush up the field actually helps NU's run game. If you watched the VT game you know what I am talking about, the play where it looks like Helu is going left then cuts back to the right and goes between the RG and RT. They did this quite a bit and Worild's speed rush hurt VT in this regard.

No they aren't.

Good point about the CFB vs. NFL player fro, I will concede that. I think the inexperience and tendency, at least from what I saw of MU thus far, to speed rush up the field actually helps NU's run game. If you watched the VT game you know what I am talking about, the play where it looks like Helu is going left then cuts back to the right and goes between the RG and RT. They did this quite a bit and Worild's speed rush hurt VT in this regard.

Thats were it becomes a must that Hamilton or one of the DE's that plays the inside with Baston, does not get blown up or lost. The cut back runs become dangerous when a guard/tackle is able to get a hat on a LB. MU's strengh is side line to sideline. Nu will find the most sucsess up the gut.

However, if Nu doest keep it honest with the outside run you can stack the box. I for one think NU will get run yards. the key for MU is to not allow an abundence of yards and to get out on third downs when possible. IF Lee is off Mu's chances go up. If he is on, even if its just enough to make a few 3rd down throws then those chances go down.

But the same can be said on our side. IF MU finally deciedes to run up field and quit running across it for 25 yrds and finds even a little of a running game then MU's chances go up. IF mu cant run, then Nu's chances go up.

All in All i hope for a good game. I dont have alot of confidence either way right now. I am really unsure about this game and I think both teams having an extra week to get ready just adds to that.

However, if Nu doest keep it honest with the outside run you can stack the box.

Helu got a Brazilian yards running off tackle against VT. I'm pretty sure that's part of the game plan.

one thing i noticed that was much different against Miami then it was against NE and Ala was the tackling of the LB's and DB's for VT. If the weather had something to do with that i dont know. I do know that they sucked against NE and ALA most of the game. I swear there were a seasons worth of broken tackles in those two games. Against MIAMI they tackled very well. First man ussually brought them down

I do know that what ever team tackles well will have a much better chance.

Good tackling takes a Helu run from 12 yards and a first down to a 3 yrd gain and second down

Good tackling takes a Alexander TD catch and keeps it to a first yard gain or less

Helu wasn't touched much before five/seven yards downfield on those runs, and most of them he went untouched until tackled. He broke a few tackles, yes, but for the most part on those outside runs there wasn't anybody near him.

As for the difference between the Alabama/Nebraska rush games vs. Miami's... that's pretty simple. It goes like this:

Alabama >> Nebraska >>>>>> Miami