Nebraska vs Mizzz Speculation

BigRedNV

The game is 11 days away, but let's speculate on a couple things.

Where will the 'Skers and Tigs be ranked come Monday? Current polls have NU at #25 in AP and #24 in coaches, MU is not ranked in the AP and #21 in coaches.

I see Nebraska moving in to the top 20 (probably 18 or 19) following their win with VT helping out. Mizz will break in to the top #25 in the AP, but will not move up much in the coaches poll following their win against NV (guessing that NE will pass them - or should pass them).

Second thought - What will the Nebraska vs MU spread be? Based on the play of both teams and the outcome of their opponents games over the first few weeks, I see NU picked to win the game. The thought is that home field is worth 3 points so I'll say NE is picked to win by 6 1/2.

:box

What will the Nebraska vs MU spread be? Based on the play of both teams and the outcome of their opponents games over the first few weeks, I see NU picked to win the game. The thought is that home field is worth 3 points so I'll say NE is picked to win by 6 1/2.

Mizzou -4.5

Pretty bold considering that Mizzue was favored by 7.5 against NV, who up until that game had lost by an average of 25 pts against their two previous opponents.

What will the Nebraska vs MU spread be? Based on the play of both teams and the outcome of their opponents games over the first few weeks, I see NU picked to win the game. The thought is that home field is worth 3 points so I'll say NE is picked to win by 6 1/2.

Mizzou -4.5

Pretty bold considering that Mizzue was favored by 7.5 against NV, who up until that game had lost by an average of 25 pts against their two previous opponents.

Mizzou favored by 7.5.

Wins by 10.

Additionally, Nevada was at home.

I think we will win by a couple touchdowns or more.

Why so confident?

You have some nice things going, but you haven't faced a competent passing attack yet. Nobody even in the top 60 in passing. Mizzou is top 20.

Becuasse the mizzou defense allowed over 200 rushing yards to nevada and helu was number 6 in the nation going into this weekend.

Because today the vt offence showed that it isn't has bad as everyone thought.

Because the nebraska defense has allowed less than 10 points per game. And mizzou gave up 20 points to that always stingy power attack of boweling green (do I need the insert sarcasim guy or is it obvious)

Why so confident?

You have some nice things going, but you haven't faced a competent passing attack yet. Nobody even in the top 60 in passing. Mizzou is top 20.

Stats at this point are worthless. Especially considering the non-con games that have been played. I think its safe to say Nebraska has had its "test" against VT, but Mizue has not had anything close. Based upon what has happened through 4 weeks (THIS YEAR), I see Nebraska winning by a TD or more.

Why so confident?

Missouri hasn't faced a team with competent offensive/defensive line play

Also, Zac Lee has looked every bit as impressive as Blaine Gabbert up to this point.

Why so confident?

Becuasse the mizzou defense allowed over 200 rushing yards to nevada and helu was number 6 in the nation going into this weekend.

Because the nebraska defense has allowed less than 10 points per game. And mizzou gave up 20 points to that always stingy power attack of boweling green (do I need the insert sarcasim guy or is it obvious)

:yeah

Missouri's close games with Bowling Green and Nevada also come to mind.

It's true that Nebraska hasn't seen a passing attack like Missouri this season. Also Missouri hasn't seen a defense like Nebraska's.

Why so confident?

LMAO, the sarcasm is so obvious I literally laughed out loud...

Where will the 'Skers and Tigs be ranked come Monday? Current polls have NU at #25 in AP and #24 in coaches, MU is not ranked in the AP and #21 in coaches.

I see Nebraska moving in to the top 20 (probably 18 or 19) following their win with VT helping out. Mizz will break in to the top #25 in the AP, but will not move up much in the coaches poll following their win against NV (guessing that NE will pass them - or should pass them).

Second thought - What will the Nebraska vs MU spread be? Based on the play of both teams and the outcome of their opponents games over the first few weeks, I see NU picked to win the game. The thought is that home field is worth 3 points so I'll say NE is picked to win by 6 1/2.

I'm hoping 2 things: 1) Missouri gets ranked in the Top 20 this week or next so we can stop hear all this B.S. about Nebraska not beating Top 20 teams.

2) Missouri is a favorite coming into the game. If so, I'm taking off early Thursday to drive to Laughlin and bet heavily on the game. Was planning on going to Vegas Friday after work anyway for my 3 day weekend.

My name is SaturnDrew, and yes, I'm a degenerate gambler.

I'm hoping 2 things: 1) Missouri gets ranked in the Top 20 this week or next so we can stop hear all this B.S. about Nebraska not beating Top 20 teams.

2) Missouri is a favorite coming into the game. If so, I'm taking off early Thursday to drive to Laughlin and bet heavily on the game. Was planning on going to Vegas Friday after work anyway for my 3 day weekend.

My name is SaturnDrew, and yes, I'm a degenerate gambler.

Drew you can bet online if you want you know. You wont have to drive all the way to Laughlin to do it, that place is a craphole anyways. I will be down there this week for work, well there, Bullhead, and Kingman.

as a tigers fan I have no idea what to expect. mu does some things very well on D and then lets some guy gash them easily last friday. On O they have started very slowly then heated it up in 2nd half, running game has been inconsistant. On the other hand BG is the real deal, can scramble, ramble for big yardage and can throw it backpedaling on a rope 50 yds and accurately. OC has been inconsistant in playcalling, best when he lets the big dog eat and rocks back and fires, receivers are good, the two seniors are very good.

As for the insane commit that lee looks as good as Gabbart? Man what have you been smoking? granted I watched him in the VT game as the only opponent you played that was NT but he made poor throws and bad decisions on the option. On the 3 if he had pitched it helu walks in untouched, he kept it. Might have done better against the rest of the jr high teams you played, they were not tv worthy, so don't know. he had big days, blah, blah, blah, means little. Helu is lighting it up, running hard and elusive, very good rb. As of right now he is better than mu's top runner.

Now as for predictions? Have no idea, thought I would by now. BG will light up your secondary as they arn't very good, Dline will stop running game cold, will pick on inexperienced backers with a lot of success. Not sure if OC will have the right game plan to exploit the obvious weaknesses of this secondary, takes too long to figure the obvious out.

Husker will be able to run the ball, helu should have big day, will have some success throwing short, especially to TE. Final score? At this pt can't say but it should be an entertaining day and by thursday night we will finally have a better idea of who each team is.