Nebraska vs Mizzz Speculation

BigRedNV

Drew you can bet online if you want you know. You wont have to drive all the way to Laughlin to do it, that place is a craphole anyways. I will be down there this week for work, well there, Bullhead, and Kingman.

Not a bad idea....I'm was planning on headed to Vegas that weekend anyway. My friend got comped a weekend at the Wynn hotel. There's something about online betting I'm just not comfortable with. Laughlin is a craphole. Never anything to do except gamble or watch extremely awful shows. The 60-90 year old crowd that frequents the town drive me insane as well. But I do know of a good place to get dollar beers.

As for the insane commit that lee looks as good as Gabbart? Man what have you been smoking? granted I watched him in the VT game as the only opponent you played that was NT but he made poor throws and bad decisions on the option. On the 3 if he had pitched it helu walks in untouched, he kept it. Might have done better against the rest of the jr high teams you played, they were not tv worthy, so don't know. he had big days, blah, blah, blah, means little. Helu is lighting it up, running hard and elusive, very good rb. As of right now he is better than mu's top runner.

1. that was lee's first start against a good team

2. he hurt his thumb

3.VT destroyed Jacory Harris, who up till that game had looked very impressive.

I'm not saying lee is great yet, but don't count him out because of that game

All signs point to a Nebraska smack down.

Mizzou has been 'ok' this year.

Nebraska (save for the BONEHEAD defensive play against VT) has been taking care of business and playing pretty good.

BUT........

Mizzou is at home.

Mizzou has won the last two by an aggregate of 93-23 (see my sig).

Blaine Gabbert is YOUNG and maturing.

and the X factor is.....

I think Gary Pinkel is sly as a fox and hasn't shown dick to the Big XII yet.

I think he has some tricks up his sleeve that he will unveil then on October 8th, around 9:00 PM.

The Tigers are better than advertised and will make it three in a row.

I might be drinking the Tiger juice and criticize the Husker Kool-Aid drinkers, but that's how I'm seeing it.

Good luck October 8th and don't ram my car when you see my Tiger tail hanging from the back of my vehicle.

That and $1.50 will get you a cup of bad coffee. The guys who walloped Nebraska the last two years are gone.

You should hold on to those memories - I'm sure they're pretty good for you. I work with a Missouri fan who relishes those games, and more power to her/you/MU fans everywhere.

But none of that has any bearing on this year. Well, check that - the only bearing it might have is this - MU remembers those wins and is overconfident and/or Nebraska remembers those losses and gets loaded up for vengeance. Other than that, 2007 and 2008 have no bearing on this game.

Nebraska (save for the BONEHEAD defensive play against VT) has been taking care of business and playing pretty good.

BUT........

Mizzou is at home.

and the X factor is.....

I think he has some tricks up his sleeve that he will unveil then on October 8th, around 9:00 PM.

I might be drinking the Tiger juice and criticize the Husker Kool-Aid drinkers, but that's how I'm seeing it.

Good luck October 8th and don't ram my car when you see my Tiger tail hanging from the back of my vehicle.

Oh my god, I thought you let that score thing go! Dude, go look at all 100 games played, add up the scores and then show us the aggregate. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS GAME. You know how you can get a girl a bit tipsy and have some fun one night but the next time you try the same thing with the same girl it doesnt work, guess what, thats what you are trying to compare.

Also the "not showing anything" yet thing is weak, everything thoat Pink has done is on video, its not like he is going to invent some new play or a formation with 15 players on the field. Its not like he is a first year coach, there is no wrinkle he hasnt shown, it will all depend one WHEN those plays are called.

Last, there is not one single coach in the freaking world that would try to keep thinks simple and risk losing a game. You think that Mizzo was trying to "not show anything" vs BG, hell no, they were doing anything and everything they could to win.

Look Mizzo might win, heck I am a Husker fan and I could see Mizzo winning by a comfortable margin, I think there is a BC stench on the skers still. But the arguments you are trying to use are about as fresh as a foghat concert.

The game is 11 days away, but let's speculate on a couple things.

Where will the 'Skers and Tigs be ranked come Monday? Current polls have NU at #25 in AP and #24 in coaches, MU is not ranked in the AP and #21 in coaches.

I see Nebraska moving in to the top 20 (probably 18 or 19) following their win with VT helping out. Mizz will break in to the top #25 in the AP, but will not move up much in the coaches poll following their win against NV (guessing that NE will pass them - or should pass them).

Second thought - What will the Nebraska vs MU spread be? Based on the play of both teams and the outcome of their opponents games over the first few weeks, I see NU picked to win the game. The thought is that home field is worth 3 points so I'll say NE is picked to win by 6 1/2.

:box

It's a Pick-em game and the Huskers win by 3...

BUT........

Mizzou is at home.

and the X factor is.....

Really? I see Gary Pinkel as being sharp as a marble. When you have a QB with the athletic gifts of Brad Smith, a sly fox doesn't try to convert him to a drop back passer.

pinkel is stubborn and has done some mighty questionable things in the past, yes like trying to turn BS into a throwing somoan was not wise. Last friday he kept trying two pt conversions when it was not wise as well.

One thing to remember, MU has rarely blitzed so far this season, getting all pressure from front four, who are very fast and athletic group, quicker than the huskers line. Holding anything else back is just talk. Football coaches as a group arn't that smart and rarely are risk takers.

Just saw a half of ragincagin/husker game, Lee looked good on short to intermediary passes, long passes notsomuch. Helu ran very well, impressive! Burkhead was just a guy but I only saw a few touches, receivers were ok, TE's are huge, what did they put mcneil on? he wasn't that big last yr? On the other hand he was covered easily downfield by cagin lbers, not as quick either, other TE is large, decent receiver, not quick. Lee is not much of a runner, has a short quirky throw, nice touch again short and medium. Good possesion type qb, as long as he has time. Helu should do well against tigers. lot of exchange problems while I watched between Lee and Helu plus several bad snaps, is that a thing?

Dline was ok, cagins had success running the ball, not much pressure unless you blitzed with a lot of bodies. secondary was giving up a lot of cushion, asante went down hard after long run, while it may not be a big thing but will limit him, other db went down and isn't coming back. A thin secondary looks thinner. Lbers are quick to tackle but gave up too many completions first. Looked what you would expect from ones so inexperienced, Bo needed to burn a few shirts last yr on D and these guys that will hurt you in big 12. KU especially will have a field day on this D, BG is likely to have a lot of success deep on you. Just one fans observations.

both teams are about where they deserve to be in polls. not really much excitement about either program and untill either beats someone from south, likely to remain so. On the other hand both play couple of big teams from south and if you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. Just Do it!

After this game one will arise into top 20 and the other will sink out of sight for remainder of year. After thursday week, we shall find out who is who.

pinkel is stubborn and has done some mighty questionable things in the past, yes like trying to turn BS into a throwing somoan was not wise. Last friday he kept trying two pt conversions when it was not wise as well.

One thing to remember, MU has rarely blitzed so far this season, getting all pressure from front four, who are very fast and athletic group, quicker than the huskers line. Holding anything else back is just talk. Football coaches as a group arn't that smart and rarely are risk takers.

Just saw a half of ragincagin/husker game, Lee looked good on short to intermediary passes, long passes notsomuch. Helu ran very well, impressive! Burkhead was just a guy but I only saw a few touches, receivers were ok, TE's are huge, what did they put mcneil on? he wasn't that big last yr? On the other hand he was covered easily downfield by cagin lbers, not as quick either, other TE is large, decent receiver, not quick. Lee is not much of a runner, has a short quirky throw, nice touch again short and medium. Good possesion type qb, as long as he has time. Helu should do well against tigers. lot of exchange problems while I watched between Lee and Helu plus several bad snaps, is that a thing?

Dline was ok, cagins had success running the ball, not much pressure unless you blitzed with a lot of bodies. secondary was giving up a lot of cushion, asante went down hard after long run, while it may not be a big thing but will limit him, other db went down and isn't coming back. A thin secondary looks thinner. Lbers are quick to tackle but gave up too many completions first. Looked what you would expect from ones so inexperienced, Bo needed to burn a few shirts last yr on D and these guys that will hurt you in big 12. KU especially will have a field day on this D, BG is likely to have a lot of success deep on you. Just one fans observations.

Another Tiger fan that actually is knowledgeable. Thanks to you, Fro, and Tim for actually being able to discuss football without being retarded about it. I appreciate it! :clap

You're funny. :clap