Do you think that we use a 3-4 again against Mizzou?

Axl_sued_me

i agree that we will see more of our nickel package against MU but still play off our 4-3 aswell considering it is pelini's favorite/specialty formation. I'm also expecting to see some diguised CB blitz plays to drop gabbert for loss several times. If you watch the gatorbowl film from lastyear, bo had some very genius blitz plays which made the game twice as fun to watch. When Gabbert goes to sleep that thursday night, hes going to have nightmares of Suh & company

Agreed about the blitzes. We'll run our base nickel with several blitzes thrown in to keep Gabbert out of his comfort zone. When he gets hurried he throws off balance and puts air under the ball. If we put pressure on him, our DBs could pick off some passes.

We've barely brought pressure with the blitz this year, and I'm guessing Bo is holding those in reserve for conference play. Should be fun.

Agreed about the blitzes. We'll run our base nickel with several blitzes thrown in to keep Gabbert out of his comfort zone. When he gets hurried he throws off balance and puts air under the ball. If we put pressure on him, our DBs could pick off some passes.

We've barely brought pressure with the blitz this year, and I'm guessing Bo is holding those in reserve for conference play. Should be fun.

I love it... you know Bo is holding "some" back as evidenced by his statement "its time to put our foot on the gas". Gabbert will soon learn what JFreeman went through when JF realized breaking his promise would cost him dearly in the long run. Game on!!!

:bonez

just watched replays of last game and Nu wasn't getting pressure from front four at all so sent several blitzes which rattled qb, Asante's pick 6 was off a blitz. you all talk about a good secondary but all i saw was cagins being thrown to and those ugle red uniforms wern't that close, quite a few completions. granted only saw about 30 snaps but that was my impression.

guess those were throwbacks as they were hideous, regular uni's are cool.

just watched replays of last game and Nu wasn't getting pressure from front four at all so sent several blitzes which rattled qb, Asante's pick 6 was off a blitz. you all talk about a good secondary but all i saw was cagins being thrown to and those ugle red uniforms wern't that close, quite a few completions. granted only saw about 30 snaps but that was my impression.

Actually, our front four were in their backfield all game long. You must've been watching the wrong snaps. That team hadn't allowed a sack all season until us, and we were back there and sacked the QB at least 2 times.

And yes, those were the jerseys from 1962, when our sellout streak began.

Not to quibble, ok to quibble, but NU got the first 2 sacks of the season that ULL has given up year to date. They have a Center who is on the watch lists for the Lombardi Award and Rimington Trophy and their LT is also on the watch list for the Lombardi Award. The other 3 linemen are in their third year starting and as a group overall they are/were #2 in the nation in returning starts.

I don't want to see a 3-4. I want to see a base D with Hagg, Compton, Dillard and Fisher blowing Gabbert up with blitzes they don't see coming. Young QB's don't respond well to lots of pressure. Cosgrove tried a 3-4 hybrid in 06 and it worked well, he tried it again the next year and Pinkel adjusted and scorched the Huskers. One of the more painful things I have ever seen. No 3-4, please.