A Mizzou Week Rumor Tyler Gabbert

Please validate what I 'thought' I heard.

Tyler wanted to be the only QB recruited in 2010.

Serious question.....not flaming.

By somebody saying that, I am thinking he doesn't want competition and wants the starting job handed to him in 2011 or 2012.

He'll probably redshirt in 2010.

And maybe start in 2011 or 2012.

As for sitting behind Blaine for 3 years at Mizzou.

He would only have to sit 1 year.

Blaine is a sophomore now.

Junior WHEN Tyler comes to Mizzou in 2010.

Mizzou fans better appreciate Blaine while they can (just like Jeremy Maclin) because he's going to the NFL in the 2011 draft.

By somebody saying that, I am thinking he doesn't want competition and wants the starting job handed to him in 2011 or 2012.

Mizzou fans better appreciate Blaine while they can (just like Jeremy Maclin) because he's going to the NFL in the 2011 draft.

He probably won't with Cody Green here.

Well if he thinks he will get the job handed to him, then he hasn't been paying attention to what Bo and Co are telling him. Bo stresses competition in practice. Heck he wouldn't even guarantee Suh a starting spot in Fall Camp. Players must earn their spots each week in practice, just because you have started a few games doesn't mean you will in the future. Bo is not afraid to change players up, he did it last year and has done this year. You compete hard or you don't play it is simple. NU already has a highly touted True Freshman QB in Cody Green, Cody has already won the back up QB job. To say that Tyler would get handed the job in 2011 or 2012 is a bit naive since Green would definitely be around in 2011 and maybe in 2012. That doesn't count what the other QB's on the roster, remember that Kody Spano got hurt in Fall Camp which opened the door more for Cody Green to win the back up job, or future recruits bring to the table in 2011 and beyond. Tyler will have to earn his playing time for sure.

chances of this clown sticking around after the thursday if they lose??? i'd say about 2%

I love you guys.

Umm...stating you love anonymous male posters on a random husker site?

That's kinda "gay."

Ask your wife about that, she'd probably agree.

Not really.

My Dad always taught me not to HATE anyone.

I'm a lover, not a fighter.

I love everybody, even my enemies.

As for Tyler Gabbert, nobody is confirming or denying what I thought I read.

That he wanted to be the only QB in the 2010 class.....or Bo promised him he was the only QB....or something of that sort. I need to see if I can find it.

chances of this clown sticking around after the thursday if they lose??? i'd say about 2%

I love you guys.

Umm...stating you love anonymous male posters on a random husker site?

That's kinda "gay."

Ask your wife about that, she'd probably agree.

Not really.

My Dad always taught me not to HATE anyone.

I'm a lover, not a fighter.

I love everybody, even my enemies.

That he wanted to be the only QB in the 2010 class.....or Bo promised him he was the only QB....or something of that sort. I need to see if I can find it.

I don't think I've seen that but I guess it wouldn't really surprise me because our class is supposed to be a little small anyways. That . . . and Cody Green is progressing nicely.

Either way, hope Gabbert stays N.

***SNIP***

For what it's worth, I just reviewed all six pages of the Tyler Gabbert thread, and there was no mention that Tyler demanded that he be NU's only QB recruit this class. Not proof positive, by any means, but after what we went through with Beck, I would imagine that if Tyler had made such a demand it would have been posted at some point. It was with Beck. And - again, for what it's worth - given the Freeman and Blaine Gabbert decomits NU suffered through, I think that if there had been even a hint of that mentality folks would have been posting some pretty inflammatory things about the guy.

I was also a fan of Frank Goodish... I remember his feud with Ivan Putski back in the old-school WWWF.

The old WWWF misused many a worker. Stan Hansen, Brody, Spiros Arion, Firpo and many others had short stints there before moving on to stardom in Japan or Puerto Rico.

Putski was the poster child for steriods. His physique while with Gagne looked more like Mighty Igor. Goes to WWWF and becomes chiseled in no time.