A Mizzou Week Rumor Tyler Gabbert

On the Post Dispatch Site on the Misey board I saw a thread about Tyler Gabbert being recruited by Missouri and his game visited by Pinkle Friday night and claims in the thread that he's been wearing Black and Gold--yuk-. Probably another desperate rumor but I haven't heard much about him recuiting for us lately and Misery kicked the number 2 QB who was a hotshot freshman off the team, so they are thin there and I don't think they have a QB in the wings already getting snaps like Green. Anybody think there is anything to it?

Nah......I'm not worried. If he stays or goes, it doesn't matter much to me. But would reflect quite poorly on the integrity of the Gabbert clan, that's for sure. <_<

Frank Brody, in your picture, was one of the craziest, and toughest guys I ever met. He worked for us alot in the Sportatorium. His murder was a shame.

Nah......I'm not worried. If he stays or goes, it doesn't matter much to me. But would reflect quite poorly on the integrity of the Gabbert clan, that's for sure. <_<

Frank Brody, in your picture, was one of the craziest, and toughest guys I ever met. He worked for us alot in the Sportatorium. His murder was a shame.

It's cool that someone recognized him. I wish I had known him, a damn sad end that is for sure........ -_-

You in the business?

It's cool that someone recognized him. I wish I had known him, a damn sad end that is for sure........ -_-

You in the business?

years ago in the early 90's booking with the GWF out of Dallas, after the Von Erichs sold World Class. I've started a couple of Indy promotions in Denver over the last 10 years. Lots of guys came through that place. Jeep Swenson, Abdullah, Steve Austin, Booker T and his brother, Chris Adams, too many to name. THAT is a whole 'nother world.

If Tyler Gabbert decommitted, I would not lose any sleep.

I agree, I haven't been all that impressed with what I have seen out of him. He is a little guy too, maybe 6' 180 lbs? If he sticks with N, cool, maybe he will develop into a nice player. If he moves on, then that's cool too.

You guys don't have much faith in our coaches' ability to recognize a prospect. They aren't recruiting any other qb's because they have faith that he would be enough. I think I will trust their opinion. I'm sure KU fans were not jumping up and down when Reesing signed. It's college football, not pro. I also hope he doesn't get wind of the fact that our fans aren't really interested in his signing on here.

You guys don't have much faith in our coaches' ability to recognize a prospect. They aren't recruiting any other qb's because they have faith that he would be enough. I think I will trust their opinion. I'm sure KU fans were not jumping up and down when Reesing signed. It's college football, not pro. I also hope he doesn't get wind of the fact that our fans aren't really interested in his signing on here.

No i think its the fact that we have a true freshman QB who has seen reps this year, and looks able to take the reins when Lee moves on. We have plenty of time to find a backup for Green and then a replacement when he moves on.

Need a QB in this class, but which is the better sub 6' QB, Gabbert or Wray?

Anyway

The hot seat: Tigers court a second Gabbert

Tyler became the second Gabbert to verbally commit to Nebraska.

He also considered Missouri, which offered him a scholarship.

Tyler said Friday he passed on the Tigers because of “a numbers game.” Mizzou had a lot of quarterbacks.

But in August, Pinkel dismissed freshman quarterback Blaine Dalton from the team. Suddenly, the depth-chart logjam thinned out.

Suddenly, Mizzou offensive coordinator Dave Yost started calling Tyler more often.

My misgivings have little to do with Blaine's size or skills, because he is obviously a very talented QB. And unlike many Husker fans I'm not a size queen. But given NUs recent success (or lack of) with QB prospects, and his brothers defection from NU. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him change his commitment. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if a QB we've not put any stock in, or even heard of at this point becomes the QB that eventually signs in February. That being said, if he does defect, I hope we can steal away Sean Robinson from Purdue. That kid has some wheels!

BTW, how ridiculous is it for Pinkel to show up to a H.S. game in a freaking helicopter! What a douchebag! I hope that Blaine is wise enough to see through that BS, and not get caught up in the recent home state hype. Only time will tell I guess.

My misgivings have little to do with Blaine's size or skills, because he is obviously a very talented QB. And unlike many Husker fans I'm not a size queen. But given NUs recent success (or lack of) with QB prospects, and his brothers defection from NU. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him change his commitment. Hell, I wouldn't be shocked if a QB we've not put any stock in, or even heard of at this point becomes the QB that eventually signs in February. That being said, if he does defect, I hope we can steal away Sean Robinson from Purdue. That kid has some wheels!

BTW, how ridiculous is it for Pinkel to show up to a H.S. game in a freaking helicopter! What a douchebag! I hope that Blaine is wise enough to see through that BS, and not get caught up in the recent home state hype. Only time will tell I guess.

i think you mean Tyler, because Blaine is already at Misery :lol: