**Official Missouri Look-A-Like Thread**

I'll be sure that next time I pass out hugs and lollipops to everybody. After all...I'm sure that Nebraska fans will get treated with great respect and dignity when they travel to Columbia and Boulder.

Seriously, you are going to pick on a kid for trying to live the dream? My god, how many of us wouldn't want to be playing division one college football regardless of school?

However you did prove my point from another thread that some Husker fans will create the myth of maltreatment in order to vindicate their own classless behavior.

I'll be sure that next time I pass out hugs and lollipops to everybody. After all...I'm sure that Nebraska fans will get treated with great respect and dignity when they travel to Columbia and Boulder.

Seriously, you are going to pick on a kid for trying to live the dream? My god, how many of us wouldn't want to be playing division one college football regardless of school?

However you did prove my point from another thread that some Husker fans will create the myth of maltreatment in order to vindicate their own classless behavior.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree here, Beach. I see eye to eye with you on a LOT of things, but this one... not so much.

I suppose it all boils down to why a person thinks these threads exist. Are they to have some harmless fun, or to mock people? I can see both sides of it, but I personally never intended any pics I posted to be harmful towards the players. The one thread I posted in the most, before I was told to stop, was the Husker Look-Alike thread last week. I wouldn't have posted in a thread about our own players/coaches if I thought I was doing it to denigrate them. I don't think that's the point of these opponent threads, either.

You know our history with walk-ons. You know how much we hold those guys in high esteem. I would think you would know we wouldn't screw those kinds of guys, from any program.

I could be all wrong here, but I think I speak for everyone when I say these threads aren't meant to mock anyone.

I look at this thread as a way to just loosen up and have a good time.

During VaTech week I traveled over to their boards to see their version of a Husker look a like, and I thought it was very funny. You can't laugh at other people unless you can laugh at yourself...

On a second note, AR said in the first post that if you have a rebuttal, go do it in the Husker thread and not in here.

Now let's get back to posting some pictures!!! :woo:woo:woo

I look at this thread as a way to just loosen up and have a good time.

During VaTech week I traveled over to their boards to see their version of a Husker look a like, and I thought it was very funny. You can't laugh at other people unless you can laugh at yourself...

On a second note, AR said in the first post that if you have a rebuttal, go do it in the Husker thread and not in here.

Now let's get back to posting some pictures!!! :woo:woo:woo

Amen!!!!this is a forum not Congress. We don't need any political correctness here!!!! :corndance

I think you're barking up the wrong tree here, Beach. I see eye to eye with you on a LOT of things, but this one... not so much.

I suppose it all boils down to why a person thinks these threads exist. Are they to have some harmless fun, or to mock people? I can see both sides of it, but I personally never intended any pics I posted to be harmful towards the players. The one thread I posted in the most, before I was told to stop, was the Husker Look-Alike thread last week. I wouldn't have posted in a thread about our own players/coaches if I thought I was doing it to denigrate them. I don't think that's the point of these opponent threads, either.

You know our history with walk-ons. You know how much we hold those guys in high esteem. I would think you would know we wouldn't screw those kinds of guys, from any program.

I could be all wrong here, but I think I speak for everyone when I say these threads aren't meant to mock anyone.

I have no problem with the theme of the thread I just thought it was tacky to make fun of a kid who has obviously worked his tail off just to get on the team, any team, but I seem to be in the minority on this issue so I will let it lie. Carry on.

This sucks, because I normally welcome and like opponents fans coming on here and talking football, having fun with some well-intended jabs, and overall understanding the 'non-purpose' of some of these threads. And I like being welcomed on other sites. However, when somebody comes and decides to pick apart something so pointless bugs me. So I'm sure this is where a Missouri or Colorado fan runs back to their board with 'proof' of what asswipes and classless people Husker fans are. That being said....

Myths of maltreatment?!?! I've personally been to Colorado and seen tires slashed and have had stuff thrown at me in the stands and parking lots. I haven't been to Columbia, but have heard much of the same. Look on here...some guy innocently asked if there was a bar to go to and a Tiger fan comes on to tell him the WORST place to go. Tiger message boards talk about beating up Husker fans. Myths...yep.

You're right, I'd give my left nut to have been at the end of the bench suited up for Nebraska. Well, my right one I guess...I gave up my left one for that night with Erin Andrews...but that's another story. Nebraska has one of the best walk on traditions of all time...and a lot of their bio's probably read the same way. However to suggest that this is 'crossing the line' is ridiculous...you know...because saying some random football player looks like a guy with downs syndrome, a husky lesbian or a dead animal is tasteful and is totally acceptable.

I'll make sure that every time I post a look-alike I'm not 'mean'...I'll make sure that the look alikes are high-profile celebrities, models and overall high-regarded persons.

Here for example...

Missouri Fans

2084908631_1f69a5478d.jpg

Celebrity Fans

image4569248.jpg

or

Colorado Pets

20090830__31cdlcu4w~mug_300.jpg

Celebrity Pets

orlando-bloom-dog1.jpg

OOOHHHH.....WHO AM I KIDDING?!?!

Missouri Fan Perception

2084908631_1f69a5478d.jpg

Missouri Fan Reality

retards.jpg

or

Colorado Fan Image

20090830__31cdlcu4w~mug_300.jpg

Colorado Fan Reality

12-1.jpg

Remember...

THIS AIN'T INTRAMURALS...THIS IS BIG XII FOOTBALL!!!!!

hawkins.jpg

weightlifting.jpg

THIS COULD BE FOR THE NORTH TITLE!!!!!

ncf_g_pinkel_300.jpg

1236196058-749893-400x266-1236195860retard-prize.jpg