Timewarner cable sucks!

Sorry to hear that. Hopepfully it fixes itself. Have you tried unplugging it for 30 seconds and plugging it back in? Probably have but just thought I would check. :D

If it hasn't been fixed, try unplugging the cable box for 30 seconds and plugging it back in.

I don't know if you've heard, but you may wanna unplug it and then plug it back in after 30 seconds.

:facepalm:

That's what I get for being lazy and not reading the replies.

On a side note, try unplugging it then plugging it back in after 30 seconds.

Sorry to hear that. Hopepfully it fixes itself. Have you tried unplugging it for 30 seconds and plugging it back in? Probably have but just thought I would check. :D

If it hasn't been fixed, try unplugging the cable box for 30 seconds and plugging it back in.

I don't know if you've heard, but you may wanna unplug it and then plug it back in after 30 seconds.

Killer Cati you smarta$$ :clap

Better than a dumba$$...at least that's what my mom always told me.

Did you find your phone yet?

:facepalm:

That's what I get for being lazy and not reading the replies.

On a side note, try unplugging it then plugging it back in after 30 seconds.

hate to say it, but that usually does fix the issue, i do find it odd that if only ESPN HD is out and no other channels are out why a tech would need to come check it out... <_< sounds like to me that they have an issue with just that channel or possibly a bad box but that is not always the case. good luck!

I used to have cable, and then I went to therapy. Cable couldn't come close to the channels with Directv. Plus, I need to watch nebraska football and cable couldn't git r done!

I have Directv. I knew what I was getting. I just waited until the first big rain to see how it would react. Not bad. No outages. The only acrts up during severe storms. Otherwise, perfect!

If you do go the satellite route. Be sure to request Directv themselves to install. The trucks that have directv on it. I am not trying to be funny, but the contractor I had, who originally set it up, screwed up big time. Took two months to get it fixed.

Que?

In cable world, between 2-4 means someone will be there at 3:58.

true, but in all reality, the people on the phone usually have no idea on where techs are even at, they have a computer program as to what is scheduled for the day and estimated time for repair per tech, it is a total crapshoot what they tell you over the phone. Most companies don't have guys just sitting around waiting for people to call in for trouble, in a perfect world that would be great though... :thumbs

you know what just hit me? I think I might try unplugging it for 30 seconds!

:-P

jk...yeah, that was the first thing I tried. And Timewarner even reset it on their end and said they didn't know why it wasn't working. I have the worst damn luck with these boxes. I think they need to find a new manufacturer for them.

I'd do the bar thing, but the whole reason I bought the 52" HDTV was to watch games at home!!! That and we have all this food and people planning on coming over. Now we may have to pack all the food up, call everyone and tell them to meet us at the GF's house (provided she gets home and finds her ESPN HD working).

don't tell her though, just let her come home and find a bunch people partying in her house. ha ha

Que?

Read your blog today. I share your frustration over the Joker thing as well.

Que?

Read your blog today. I share your frustration over the Joker thing as well.

Hahaha...Gotcha. Yeah, I felt like an idiot when it was in my car. Thanks for reading the blog and please continue to.

hate to say it, but that usually does fix the issue, i do find it odd that if only ESPN HD is out and no other channels are out why a tech would need to come check it out... <_< sounds like to me that they have an issue with just that channel or possibly a bad box but that is not always the case. good luck!

usually it's the boxes for me. I have gone through at least one every six months or so. Particularly the HDDVR boxes. The drives on them tend to get fragmented. A coworker's friend is a tech and he said not to let the DVR get over something like 80% full otherwise they start having problems. Still, I always get glitchy HD signals or some channels that never come in. I stopped calling tech support and just return the box for a new one because that's what tech support was going to tell me to do anyway.

Those of you who have DirectTV...who do you use for internet? My contract isn't up until June with Time Warner, but I'd be happy to shop around until then. I just would like a good deal with internet/TV all in one.

Benny, unless you have line of sight issues, absolutely go with Dish Network. Every single aspect (minus On Demand) is noticeably better than cable. The DVRs are outstanding, better prices, recording is easier and onscreen menus are 10 times more modern looking.

Unfortunately with all the trees in my neighborhood, I'm unable to get satellite service of any kind. So I'm stuck with crappy cable.