Chase Daniel - liar???

Filed by Dirk Chatelain at 9:54 a.m.

Missouri roughed up Nebraska's pride with a 52-17 defeat in Lincoln last year. Then Chase Daniel added insult.

The Missouri quarterback said the Huskers were "one of the dirtiest teams I've played." He also said one player spit on him before the game.

Missouri linebacker Sean Weatherspoon didn't witness the incident in Lincoln, he said this week. But he questions Daniel's truth-telling.

"Maybe Chase could've just been saying that to rev us up," Weatherspoon said. "He could've just said that to get us going. I honestly think that's what happened, because I can't imagine (a player) doing that … I don't believe that. I really don't."

Weatherspoon said his experience in Lincoln last year was positive. Fans were courteous.

"I'm going to have to ask Chase. I'm going to have to call him and figure out what was going on."

http://www.omaha.com/article/20091008/BIGRED03/910089986

This is a terrible piece of journalism, by the way.

"Weatherspoon says QB fabricated spitting incident?"

It's the mother of all attention whoring headlines. Weatherspoon didn't see, didn't know, and just speculated that maybe it was a motivational tool. Let's not jump the gun here at all. It makes us look bad - even if it's true. If it's true, THEN we got something...but wait til then.

"A player spit on me" is more than a motivational tool. If Daniel lied, it gives Missouri players the impression that Nebraska is a team with no respect, or that they're a bunch of kids when it's a game that is supposed to teach players how to take on responsibility and be men.

the fact that after Chase made this absurd claim, he refused to name the player who allegedly spit on him... because there wasnt any such incident. Chase likes eating boogers and fantasizing about guys hocking loogies on him, what an immense douche bag!! No wonder mizzery was so anxious to get Gabbert, at least that kid has "some" poise.

"A player spit on me" is more than a motivational tool. If Daniel lied, it gives Missouri players the impression that Nebraska is a team with no respect, or that they're a bunch of kids when it's a game that is supposed to teach players how to take on responsibility and be men.

the fact that after Chase made this absurd claim, he refused to name the player who allegedly spit on him... because there wasnt any such incident. Chase likes eating boogers and fantasizing about guys' asses, what an immense douche bag!! No wonder mizzery was so anxious to get Gabbert, at least that kid has "some" poise.

Fixed for

?