Blaine Gabbert

cmb23

But I think he's probably going to be a pretty good one. When Zac was struggling throwing in the elements (wow he looked horrible) he was hitting his receivers and was totally composed. Pretty nimble for 6'5" and 240. Probably gonna be gone after 2 yrs if Freeman went after his Junior year.

I also want to find out about the injury...if he stayed in and ran that thing with a severly sprained (or some kind of break like I think) ankle...just adds to his ability and toughness.

He's good, but he's young. It showed tonight. He made throws an experience quarterback wouldn't have considered. The Gnomes pick is a good example. Next year he may be great, but he's still going to get an education at Texas. They play defense down there, too.

Having to make plays and force things at that point...and as I said...on a bum leg whatever it was. Not saying he's winning the Heisman this year or any....but still impressive for 5th game as a starter.

He is definitely a gamer. I'm not going to be critical of a Sophomore making his first conference start. That's a tough challenge, especially when you're playing the #1 scoring defense in the country.

Gabbert is as advertised, but at this point still raw. Next year and the year after, we're going to have to bring our A game against him. We won't have Suh next year to keep Gabbert in line.

I don't want this to come across the wrong way because Gabbert is a stud.. but could have easily (and should have) had 5 ints tonite.. has alot of growing to do in terms of decision making but his skill set is amazing..

Zac Lee is way ahead of him in terms of decision making but struggled to put the ball where it needed to be for the first 3 quarters

He is definitely a gamer. I'm not going to be critical of a Sophomore making his first conference start. That's a tough challenge, especially when you're playing the #1 scoring defense in the country.

Gabbert is as advertised, but at this point still raw. Next year and the year after, we're going to have to bring our A game against him. We won't have Suh next year to keep Gabbert in line.

:(

Suh is the first real superstar that I've seen develop in my husker football fan career. I've seen other great players, but, his was the first story I really followed from the ground up. I remember early articles about his name meaning "house of spears", and so on. Good memories.

Yeah Blaine is definitely a good QB and I don't seem to hate him the same way as I did Freemen just because of the situation in which he left.

We get them in Lincoln next year and then hopefully he goes pro because you know scouts will drool over his 6"5 body and strong arm just like they did Freemen and Jamarcus Russell.

I don't want this to come across the wrong way because Gabbert is a stud.. but could have easily (and should have) had 5 ints tonite.. has alot of growing to do in terms of decision making but his skill set is amazing..

Zac Lee is way ahead of him in terms of decision making but struggled to put the ball where it needed to be for the first 3 quarters

Great analysis. Combine Lee's know-how with Gabbert's body and you have a legit Heisman contender.

Gabbert will be good. At the moment he's still learning the ropes.

Lee could be good. Lee makes a lot of smart decisions throwing the ball away that kill his stats, but he also makes some pretty ugly throws as well. He's smart enough but not nearly as physically gifted as Gabbert.

We saw an ugly game tonight that didn't feature the best these two QBs have to offer. Both are better than what they showed tonight.

Didn't get to watch much of the game stupid work showed baseball all night ( but the parts of the game I saw he looked really impressive. I did see some dropped ints but for the most part he stayed verry compossed under preasure which impressed me the most. Just to restare however only saw about 45 minutes worth of the game. Most of the 1st and a little of the 3rd quarter so I cannot coment on his overall performance