Blaine Gabbert

cmb23

I have respect for Blaine, but I was just so impressed with the D tonight. We were in his face with a lot of quick pressures and when he released the ball short on those little screen plays our defenders were punishing the receiver as he caught the ball. Nice work boys..... :bonez

Kid is good. but honestly im just glad to welcome this boy to big 12 football. his amazing efficiency rating should have suffered 5 int tonight.

Tough to say...wet ball, wet hands, wet everything-let alone not being able to plant on his back foot.

Actually, in the 2nd half he looked like Lee in the 2nd H of the VT game.

Deja Vu

I think the Cody Green pressure will keep getting stronger amongst the fans. Not many jumping on the Lee bandwagon after his performance tonight. You know how it is. Just be glad we didn't have to go on any long drives to win the game. His throw to Paul for the first td was an easy one but he finally made a throw. Are our receivers that bad that teams can load the box to stop our run? Is Lee missing on his throws? Torrential rain all night and Watson decides to throw it all night with a struggling qb and questionable wideouts. Finally a throw to McNeil. How many penalties on the offensive line this week? I'm glad for the win and all but I think I have more questions about the offense now than I did before the game. But our db's were lights out tonight as well as the d line.

You kinda get tricked watching the game on TV, but it really is worth considering that they played the entire game in a TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR.

I wouldn't make too much about the stats for either QB. (Well....those three TD passes do look nice on Lee's side of the ledger)

But when the game turned in the fourth quarter, with Missou still very much in it, I thought Gabbert looked increasingly spooked and panicky, dropping back WAAYYYY too far too quickly.

in the first three quarters limping gabbert looked better than healty lee ...dunno to me it looks like what we lost on offense we gained on defense compared to last year. if the D wasn´t playing so stellar I´d be a little concerned. second good defense second time the offense doesn´t produce all that much, hope that´s gonna change

I will say that I was somewhat impressed with Gabbert for playing through the pain/injury. For the longest time I had him pegged as "fragile". based on his high school reports. I still haven't seen much from either of tonight's QB's this season, but hat's off to Gabbert for actually lasting the whole game when he could have easily wussed out and sent his capable back up in.

Honestly, and sorry MU fans, I really thought the first sign of pain, Gabbert would bail. I'm glad to see I was wrong because I really do appreciate the gritty competitor aspect of sports.

But I think he's probably going to be a pretty good one. When Zac was struggling throwing in the elements (wow he looked horrible) he was hitting his receivers and was totally composed. Pretty nimble for 6'5" and 240. Probably gonna be gone after 2 yrs if Freeman went after his Junior year.

I also want to find out about the injury...if he stayed in and ran that thing with a severly sprained (or some kind of break like I think) ankle...just adds to his ability and toughness.

not to sound like a hater, but go back and look at the stats! niether guy was hitting thier receivers. both really struggled with the rain. but lee did not throw as many balls at defenders