Blaine Gabbert

cmb23

not to sound like a hater, but go back and look at the stats! niether guy was hitting thier receivers. both really struggled with the rain. but lee did not throw as many balls at defenders

:yeah Not sure what game everyone was watching, but Gabbert did worse than Lee in just about every passing statistic: % completion, TDs, interceptions, and passing yards.

Why so much props for Gabbert and nothing for Lee?

I have respect for Blaine, but I was just so impressed with the D tonight. We were in his face with a lot of quick pressures and when he released the ball short on those little screen plays our defenders were punishing the receiver as he caught the ball. Nice work boys..... :bonez

agreed!! The D can get to anyone it seems, and punish them. I saw Paul jawing with Gabbert when he ran off on the Husker sideline... I imagine the conversation went something like this:

Paul: "See boy, you could have been wearing Red and your ankle wouldnt be all gimped up"

BG: "I know, is it too late to get a scholarship? Maybe I could take my little brothers"?

NICE GAME DEFENSE! THE BLACKSHIRTS ARE BACK!!!!

:bonez

Gabbert has some great skills and will be an amazing QB in the future. As great as he will be, he will always have some really interesting character issues.

There's alot of talk that he will go to the NFL early, which only leaves hime one more year if he is a sophomore, yeah? I think mizzou goes into a tailspin from here, BG gets demoralized about his choice and seeks a quick exit.

Gabbert has the size and skills but we have all known kids like him. They seem to have it all but they always seem to get hurt and they dont seem to win big games. Its not an attack on him, not saying he is soft or something but some kids just get dinged up all the time, some kids just dont win big games.

I will be interested to see how he does from here. He could definitely let a finish like that hang over him. Got a couple of tough games coming up too @Okie St and home against Texas (though that is a trap game for Texas). Easy finish though, Nebraska needs to be 2 up on them. Anyway, I wish him all the luck in the world until he plays Nebraska again.

This thread is very weird. Sure Gabbert appears to have talent but basing off of his performance last night and saying he is going to be a stud is kind of silly. He showed nothing last night that would make me believe he will be a star. Let’s see he had the 2 passes that were picked off and then you throw on 5 more that should have been picked off (2 by Prince, 1 a piece by Suh, Turner, and Asante). Sure he played after getting hurt but so do a lot of people. Sure this was ONLY his 5th start but it was also Zac Lee’s 5th start and like has been mentioned his stats were better then Ole Blaine’s plus his team won the game.

If you ask me Blaine looked a lot like Freeman (like was mentioned earlier). Was Freeman a star?

This thread is very weird. Sure Gabbert appears to have talent but basing off of his performance last night and saying he is going to be a stud is kind of silly. He showed nothing last night that would make me believe he will be a star. Let’s see he had the 2 passes that were picked off and then you throw on 5 more that should have been picked off (2 by Prince, 1 a piece by Suh, Turner, and Asante). Sure he played after getting hurt but so do a lot of people. Sure this was ONLY his 5th start but it was also Zac Lee’s 5th start and like has been mentioned his stats were better then Ole Blaine’s plus his team won the game.

If you ask me Blaine looked a lot like Freeman (like was mentioned earlier). Was Freeman a star?

For once I agree with you!

Yeah, he's going to be a great quarterback.... :sarcasm He started to meltdown after being hit by Suh, and never recovered. His throws were horrible, and he was rattled all game. Even his hail mary pass was a miracle that Amukamara fell down, otherwise it would've been a pick. Kinda reminds me of a former KSU quarterback that is now in the NFL... You can have all the talent in the world, but if you can't handle pressure, you'll never be that good.

:yeah I agree.

He was a first round draft choice.