Blaine Gabbert

cmb23

This thread is very weird. Sure Gabbert appears to have talent but basing off of his performance last night and saying he is going to be a stud is kind of silly. He showed nothing last night that would make me believe he will be a star. Let’s see he had the 2 passes that were picked off and then you throw on 5 more that should have been picked off (2 by Prince, 1 a piece by Suh, Turner, and Asante). Sure he played after getting hurt but so do a lot of people. Sure this was ONLY his 5th start but it was also Zac Lee’s 5th start and like has been mentioned his stats were better then Ole Blaine’s plus his team won the game.

If you ask me Blaine looked a lot like Freeman (like was mentioned earlier). Was Freeman a star?

He was a first round draft choice.

Who cares? He was NOT GOOD in college.

If you ask me Blaine looked a lot like Freeman (like was mentioned earlier). Was Freeman a star?

So were Ryan Leaf, Todd Marinovich, Dan McGwire, Tim Couch, JaMarcus Russell, Tommy Maddux, Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, JP Losman, David Carr, Cade McNown, Akili Smith, Jim Druckenmiller, Patrick Ramsey, and Jason Campbell. Just to name a few. <_<:moreinteresting

So were Ryan Leaf, Todd Marinovich, Dan McGwire, Tim Couch, JaMarcus Russell, Tommy Maddux, Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, JP Losman, David Carr, Cade McNown, Akili Smith, Jim Druckenmiller, Patrick Ramsey, and Jason Campbell. Just to name a few. <_<:moreinteresting

Don't forget Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Alex Smith, Heath Shuler, Rick Mirer, and so on and so on........ Not trying to bust your chops Vince, just agreeing with the post above.

This thread is very weird. Sure Gabbert appears to have talent but basing off of his performance last night and saying he is going to be a stud is kind of silly. He showed nothing last night that would make me believe he will be a star. Let’s see he had the 2 passes that were picked off and then you throw on 5 more that should have been picked off (2 by Prince, 1 a piece by Suh, Turner, and Asante). Sure he played after getting hurt but so do a lot of people. Sure this was ONLY his 5th start but it was also Zac Lee’s 5th start and like has been mentioned his stats were better then Ole Blaine’s plus his team won the game.

I agree. Gabbert has the size and things just like Freeman that the NFL loves. However, he was pretty disappointing last night. 3.1 yards per attempt? This is horrible. I also noticed that he seemed to limp a lot more after an incompletion. Then, you have to wonder how much pain he was actually in considering they kept running QB draws and the option with him. He might be a great QB or become one, but I can't see anything from last night's performance that would indicate that he's already a great QB.

Gabbert looked good when he had time to throw but his running (before the injury) was never comparable to Corby Jones. Just never had the feeling he would take it all the way like Corby and Nebraska QB of the past. It looks like he runs with the ball in a bearhug.

I'm thinking after the injury he's going to run a lot less in the next few years.

It actually looked to me like Brooks was doing the jawing baiting Gabbert to come after him.

That's what it looked like to me also.

Yep...Brooks was jawing at him...also saw Curenski and I think Holt posing for the camera and 'polishing' the N on their helmet. But I won't call them classless since I laughed at the crying.

I agree. Gabbert has the size and things just like Freeman that the NFL loves. However, he was pretty disappointing last night. 3.1 yards per attempt? This is horrible. I also noticed that he seemed to limp a lot more after an incompletion. Then, you have to wonder how much pain he was actually in considering they kept running QB draws and the option with him. He might be a great QB or become one, but I can't see anything from last night's performance that would indicate that he's already a great QB.

But Freeman had a horrible, horrible cast of players around him. And a really bad coach. All the talent in the world can't overcome obstacles like that.

Freeman has a lot of raw skill. He needs a lot of refinement after getting basically none in college. Put him with a decent QBs coach and a playmaker or two around him, and for goodness' sake, give the kid an O Line, and then let's see what he can do.

Gabbert is a lot like Freeman IMO, but he has better talent around him and a better coach (although Pinkel did some bonehead things again last night). Both are big, athletic, big-arm QBs with the ability to move. Gabbert was accurate last night considering the conditions. Gabbert was hindered by a nightmarish pass rush that never let him get comfortable, and by the fact that this was his fifth game.

Gabbert has potential. It remains to be seen if he develops that potential at Missouri, but I have a feeling he'll be pretty good. And remember - I went into this game a detractor. His arm strength and guttiness have gone a long way toward changing my opinion of him.

It actually looked to me like Brooks was doing the jawing baiting Gabbert to come after him.

Yes. I would imagine Mr. Brooks will be familiar with the stairs in the South Stadium by Tuesday. Very familiar.

That's what it looked like to me also.

Yep...Brooks was jawing at him...also saw Curenski and I think Holt posing for the camera and 'polishing' the N on their helmet. But I won't call them classless since I laughed at the crying.

Yeah, caught that also :woo

I don't want this to come across the wrong way because Gabbert is a stud.. but could have easily (and should have) had 5 ints tonite.. has alot of growing to do in terms of decision making but his skill set is amazing..

Zac Lee is way ahead of him in terms of decision making but struggled to put the ball where it needed to be for the first 3 quarters

Great analysis. Combine Lee's know-how with Gabbert's body and you have a legit Heisman contender.

Gabbert will be good. At the moment he's still learning the ropes.

Lee could be good. Lee makes a lot of smart decisions throwing the ball away that kill his stats, but he also makes some pretty ugly throws as well. He's smart enough but not nearly as physically gifted as Gabbert.

We saw an ugly game tonight that didn't feature the best these two QBs have to offer. Both are better than what they showed tonight.

I would agree, but I think we saw Lee grow up a lot last night. Lee's balls in the 4th QTR looked a lot better than Gabbert's. That long TD bomb to Paul was perfect. Gabbert adjusted better in throwing much earlier, but Lee did and combine that with Lee's ability to manage that offense and you get quite a weapon. I just get a feeling that Lee will blossom in Big XII play now, we have a stud QB IMO.

Don't forget Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Alex Smith, Heath Shuler, Rick Mirer, and so on and so on........ Not trying to bust your chops Vince, just agreeing with the post above.

Or Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Phillip Rivers, Big Ben, Elway, Kelly, McNabb and Marino

:wtf