Panic Button

Not panic, just sour, bitter disappointment.

And then...man, that was one helluva quarter.

It's a good day to be a Husker fan, and we haven't been on this side of the stick in a while. Let's be ecstatic, stay classy and CELEBRATE. 'cos we just might be on the other side of the stick next week.

I'll admit it. The drive where Lee threw it to Paul for our first score....before that ever happen and on that same drive I sent a text to my cousin telling him that if we don't score I'm leaving my uncles house and heading home for bed. As soon as I got his reply back we scored so I stayed and watched it till the end.

Seriously do you blame any Husker fan for turning off the TV and walking away. Our play calling in the first half and most of the 3rd was terrible. Pass pass pass punt run pass pass punt pass pass pass punt pass pass run punt etc. It was terrible. Why were we throwing the ball when Lee's numbers were getting worse by the minute and he was very inaccurate. We haven't scored a TD in 7 quarters on the road and we should've run the ball more against a piss poor run defense.....sorry Mizzou but its true. I thought that Callahan was calling the plays and I know that I wasn't the only one thinking that.

The only reason we won is because of our Defense and they're two interceptions in the 4th and stopping Gabbert the whole game.

not panic...just starting to accept that we were going to lose. Especially 3rd quarter I started getting sick of watching us play so terrible. I remember going outside at half time to walk the dog and mumbling to myself "come on Huskers...win this one for us."

the girlfriend was a little peeved at me (yes, she's an MU fan). When I was jumping up and down in excitement she snapped at me "You just said you were sick of watching the game!" I knew she was just upset at MU and was taking it out on me. But oooohhhh, what a win!

no panic, just couldn't drink another beer until we scored, then it was going down like :koolaid2:

Yeah, after the later parts of the third quarter it was going down like cement.

Hitting the panic button? No. The wall behind the couch? Maybe, but no structural damage was sustained.

There may also have been several curses, outbursts, and derogatory comments towards certain players (muffed punts, dropped passes, bad penalties, letting a punt hit your foot without realizing it), but at least no small children were present.