Announcers

I generally like the Thursday night crews and especially Chris Fowler, but did anyone else notice: A. That they seemed, like, drunk after half-time. They were saying stuff and making jokes that didn't make sense and laughing like the freakin' Mad Hatter B. Think that they were coppin out and calling Suh, "Mr. Suh" because they didn't want to have to pronounce his first name (I know they explained the whole thing with his dad, but it still sounded kind of stupid). C. As much as I love Erin Andrews, she disappears for an hour and comes back with talking about the "magical wristbands with plays on them" like they are the thing of the future...I had those things playing high school football.

I know I shouldn't really care all that much, especially after such a great comeback win, but something was going on with ESPN's crew last night.

EDIT: And another thing. Speaking of the Mad Hatter, doesn't Lee kinda resemble him when he smiles?

They were horrible and apparently didn't receive any pronunciation guides for Nebraska's players.

No they weren't. They did a great job all night long.

I love NU fans think every comment from every commentator HAS to be 100% pro NU. When they get back to playing like NU should play, we'll hear those comments. Until then, we will continue to hear what we hear.

There isn't any type of plan by the media (ESPN and ABC included) to trash NU.

Erin was having communication equipment problems, perhaps due to lack of electricity. They went to her once and there were communication problems. Due to conditions we were lucky they had a game to broadcast.

ESPN and the anouncers really gave us some praise. Suh will be the first pick. There were 18 NFL scouts present!

They had back up electrical generators but most went to the medical complex.

I am generally very critical of this crew, but I was in agreement with most of the observations from the booth.

They seemed to have a better grip on what plays would work than Watson!

I do not think they fully explained wheter you can grab the back of jesey on the horsecollar.

Think that they were coppin out and calling Suh, "Mr. Suh" because they didn't want to have to pronounce his first name

Which was the opposite of the VT game, where the announcers must have practiced pronouncing his first name all week because they found every excuse to say it even when he wasn't involved in a play. :lol:

Oh and Fowler is some how unaware that there is no longer a 5 yard penalty for incidental face mask. It should just be a no call:

Face-Mask Foul (Rule 9-1-2-q). There is no longer a foul if any player grabs an opponent's face mask without pulling, twisting, or turning it. The five-yard penalty has been eliminated. This change does not change the safety aspect of this rule. Pulling, twisting, or turning an opponent's face mask remains a personal foul with a 15-yard penalty.

I thought they did a great job, the game was freaking terrible for 3 quarters and they still did a great job. I think there is such an espn hatred at times that people let it cloud them.

They dont work for the Skers, they are not supposed to just jock up the skers the entire game and when its a Skers road game they will talk even less about them.

They probably him Mr. Suh because its his last name, you almost always hear all players called by their last name during games.

For those of you that were upset with the announcing I would like to know what you would have liked to have changed? I dont mean that in a sarcastic way I am just curious.

Geez, who cares? The game was on primetime and the Huskers won. I couldn't care less about the commentating, and their lack of pronunciation. They have 2 new teams every week and God forbid they mispronounce a name or 2. I enjoyed watching the Huskers stomp the Tigers in glorious HD on my giant TV. Doesn't get much better than that, IMO.