Announcers

They were horrible and apparently didn't receive any pronunciation guides for Nebraska's players.

No they weren't. They did a great job all night long.

I love NU fans think every comment from every commentator HAS to be 100% pro NU. When they get back to playing like NU should play, we'll hear those comments. Until then, we will continue to hear what we hear.

There isn't any type of plan by the media (ESPN and ABC included) to trash NU.

I like Fowler a lot, but c'mon. If you were getting paid a good salary to watch football games, don't you think you could learn the correct pronunciation of THE BEST PLAYER in the only game you're in charge of for the week? Overall, the broadcast was fine... not bad but certainly not great, either.

I'm surprised to read the disgruntled comments about ESPN here. I have zero love for ESPN and I think they tend to ruin college games with their nonsense, and I get tired of hearing them go after the low-hanging fruit with Nebraska commentary far too often, AND I have no love for Craig James and/or Jesse Palmer.

But, despite all that, I thought they did a fine job of calling a very miserable game through three quarters. I thought they were unusually complimentary of Nebraska, going out of their way to speak well of us, and when we were towards the end of the third quarter, barely treading water, with Missouri looking very comfortable with a two-score lead, they could easily have begun throwing Nebraska under the bus - but they didn't. They called the game straight up, unbiased, with compliments and detractions for both teams.

All things considered, this was maybe the best Nebraska game I've watched ESPN call... maybe ever.

Did anyone catch that the only time Fowler pronounced Prince Amakamura's name right is when he screwed up and called Suh..."Amakamura Suh" on a big play?!?! What the hell?!?!

Oh, but this one is still killing me...

ESPN recap video

About the 30 second mark...

On the friggin' re-cap, when you have time to research, ask, find out, study, practice, rehearse and re-edit if you screw up....YOU STILL SCREW UP!!! "Nahm-day-kahn Suh"....jeez....

I love NU fans think every comment from every commentator HAS to be 100% pro NU. When they get back to playing like NU should play, we'll hear those comments. Until then, we will continue to hear what we hear.

I never said they have to be 100% pro NU, I was simply saying that if you're getting paid money to watch and commentate on a football game, do some preparation or at the very least, learn how to pronounce the name of the best player on the field. I don't think Ndamukong's name was pronounced the same way one time throughout the game.

I'm sorry, but they are paid good money to do this. I don't care what team it was for, if you're an announcer, you learn the players and you learn how to pronounce their names correctly. That's what they are PAID to do. End of story.

The game was so damn boring for everybody except Mizzou and Nebraska fans so the announcers had to add to the entertainment.

Yeah, it reminded me of all the games I've seen played in the rain this year and if I wasn't a Nebraska fan probably would have started to channel surf. This game did nothing to enhance the image of Big 12 football.

They were horrible and apparently didn't receive any pronunciation guides for Nebraska's players.

:yeah

You know the funny thing is as a fan base we claim we could care less about ESPN becuase they seem to "talk bad about us" but it always seems as though we yearn for there approval. ESPN is smart; they ruffle Nebraska's feather because no matter what they know we will defend and argue about our team. So they will say other programs have more tradition and we will be there to bash them, vote on polls, email, whatever.

I am not one that believes that ESPN is out to get NU. I do also think we take things extremely to heart becuase of the investment to the program. Its like people think they are being attacked. I don't see in the last couple of year anything that should have been respected by anyone in the country. If people stepped back and looked at the program objectively they would know that we were on the verge of becoming Florida State without the arrest.

Overall, I am not bothered by certain personalities of announcers and I thought last night's announcers were not bad, but the last minute of the first half really bothered me. If I am not mistaken, one of them repeatedly said Missouri did not have enough time to run the ball (as a part of their discussion about Missouri's lack of touchdowns per red zone visit). Yet, when Missouri began to call their timeouts after RUNNING THE BALL, the same commentator said they had plenty of time to run the ball.

Of those final plays, Missouri ended up running on three of the at least last four plays? I mean it is one thing to comment on your opinion of the situation, but still.