the thing this team is missing

I also think NU is still lacking the lights out mentality from our defensive players. Watching LSU, Bama, and Florida play D, their players fly around with tremendous speed and hit with even more amazing toughness and violence.

If NU players would just develop that style of play and incorporate each week, NU would be just that much better on D and as a team. NU has a really good defense,today. But with this inconsistent offense, NU needs all the help they can get.

In addition to lights out players NU needs WR's without alligator arms (Paul), play calling that is geared to the strengths of the players, and a tougher meaner offensive line. A QB that throws the ball as opposed to aiming it would be also be a nice addition.

is a stud WR. I think lee will mature into a competent QB, but he really needs a consistent target. I would really like to see the staff focus on a WR in recruiting and go all out after him. have a coach at every game..... whatever needs to be done(within the rules) to get him here

How about developing the ones we already have?

Don't give up on this season already.

oh i'm not by any means. but when you are recruiting you try to improve your team, and right now that is what the team is lacking

Yeah..I didn't really think you were..It's just that new recruits won't get here soon enough to help out this year's team...

We do need to recruit WR's with really big hands, though.

I've got a 10.25" wingspan :hellloooo

I remember an assistant coach coming back from a coaching clinic telling us that the best way to improve catching ability was to develop finger strength..and the way they were thinking of doing that was to have you grab a full page of a newspaper by the corner..one in each hand with your thumb and index finger...Then wad each up as fast as you can each page in a separate hand..repeat until you've gone through the Sunday paper...hurts, but it gave me "Popeye forearms" and I've never dropped a pass..(almost).

Holy crap you have short arms. :lol:

i agree we are definitely missing that big time receiver. hopefully of those 6 big targets that we can land 3 of them (i would prefer hill, carter, and reese) and one of them will become big time. niles is nice to have but hes not showing he can be a star. honestly he was being recruited as the deep threat nebraska desperately needed. but that deep pass to him against missouri was his first ever deep ball caught. i do believe bell is going to be the main man no later than 2 years from now, hopefully even next year

A Lawrence Phillips or Ahman Green type RB that could score on any play from anywhere on the field.

Roy is as good a running back as we've ever had... what we're is missing is the OL that those other guys had

Your joking right? Right? Sure, Helu is a decent and tough running back but to say he's as good a back as we've ever had? How old are you? Ever heard of some guy named Rozier? How about Phillips? How about Green? I could list a lot more but there's not enough room...Sorry but I respectfully disagree... :nutz

I'm 44 and my freshman year at UNL was Rozier's Senior year ...1983. Rozier, Phillips and Green were all fantastic, I'm just saying I don't think any of them could do much better than Helu behind this O line. I would give my left trasticle to see Helu run behind the 83, 94, 95, or 97 lines. My grandma could have been an all-conference RB those years. Helu rarely gets more than cracks to run thru and his acceleration is as good or better than any of those guys. When he HURDLES people at full speed in the secondary, it's jaw dropping. He doesn't punish people like Rozier or Stoopid Larry, but I wouldn't trade him for anyone that's playing this year. So i'll say he's not the biggest or the fastest or the toughest ever, but he gets my vote for squirtiest. Maybe it's just been way too long since we've had a rusher leading the conference. Put it this way, do you think we could have won the 95 title with this O line? not. How about with Helu instead of Green? I think yes. Osborne's career success can be boiled down to one factor... O line play.

:restore

i agree with your last part about the offensive line and i think that this is the big thing that is missing from this team and has been missing for about 8 years. except for the last drive of the misery game, they seemed to get very little push and really struggle protecting lee against teams that are decent (i.e. va tech) and only half decent (i.e. misery). i don't know if it is talent or poor coaching, but likely a combination of the two. it seems like barney cotton has always received a "pass" on this board and in the media, but i have seen nothing from his players that seem to indicate that they will ever produce a dominant o-line. even back in 2003 when he first came back to NU, the o-line wasn't that great and he had some pretty good talent to work with. time will tell, but i think he will consistently be the weak link on that coaching staff.

A Lawrence Phillips or Ahman Green type RB that could score on any play from anywhere on the field.

Roy is as good a running back as we've ever had... what we're is missing is the OL that those other guys had

Your joking right? Right? Sure, Helu is a decent and tough running back but to say he's as good a back as we've ever had? How old are you? Ever heard of some guy named Rozier? How about Phillips? How about Green? I could list a lot more but there's not enough room...Sorry but I respectfully disagree... :nutz

I'm 44 and my freshman year at UNL was Rozier's Senior year ...1983. Rozier, Phillips and Green were all fantastic, I'm just saying I don't think any of them could do much better than Helu behind this O line. I would give my left trasticle to see Helu run behind the 83, 94, 95, or 97 lines. My grandma could have been an all-conference RB those years. Helu rarely gets more than cracks to run thru and his acceleration is as good or better than any of those guys. When he HURDLES people at full speed in the secondary, it's jaw dropping. He doesn't punish people like Rozier or Stoopid Larry, but I wouldn't trade him for anyone that's playing this year. So i'll say he's not the biggest or the fastest or the toughest ever, but he gets my vote for squirtiest. Maybe it's just been way too long since we've had a rusher leading the conference. Put it this way, do you think we could have won the 95 title with this O line? not. How about with Helu instead of Green? I think yes. Osborne's career success can be boiled down to one factor... O line play.

:restore

i agree with your last part about the offensive line and i think that this is the big thing that is missing from this team and has been missing for about 8 years. except for the last drive of the misery game, they seemed to get very little push and really struggle protecting lee against teams that are decent (i.e. va tech) and only half decent (i.e. misery). i don't know if it is talent or poor coaching, but likely a combination of the two. it seems like barney cotton has always received a "pass" on this board and in the media, but i have seen nothing from his players that seem to indicate that they will ever produce a dominant o-line. even back in 2003 when he first came back to NU, the o-line wasn't that great and he had some pretty good talent to work with. time will tell, but i think he will consistently be the weak link on that coaching staff.

I totally agree with the O line talent, everyone knew we ran the option, and TO left the challenge open to stop it if they can... and they didn't. Those guys scared little children back in the day.. :)

If you put a top flight QB on Nebraska's roster this year they are top 5. I think the QB position is holding them down more than a wide receiver. If Lee looked like a legit college quarterback in either the VT or Mizzou game the Huskers would have destroyed them both and people would have Neb in NC talks.

So, in your omniscient opinion, Jacory Harris is terrible? Because he was worse against Va Tech than Lee was. And he destroyed Ga Tech.

Did you see Georgia Tech's defense tonight? The way GT wins is by offensive firepower. 30 points can be put on us by average at best QBs. You didn't know that but I won't hold your ignorance against you. the only decent defense Harris has beaten is OU and they are even an enigma seeing as they have only beaten Tulsa, Idaho State and Baylor...

You didn't answer the question. Jacory Harris was f'ing terrible against Va Tech. Zac Lee was slightly better. So is Harris a legit college QB? If so, why isn't Lee?

Don't you look like a fool now. Lee is P-I-T-I-F-U-L. And take it from me, a person who only watches when the Huskers play real teams and not little sisters of the poor.