SIGNED WR Quincy Enunwa

huskers1

UCLA made a push for him on signing day. He gave them the cold shoulder.

funk UCLA....

but on a lighter note i went back and checked out his youtube clip... from that epic run during the first 28 seconds to the last play i was stoked..... this kid has got vision break away speed and a little bit of flash (or we can call it the 'it' factor) that i cant quite put my finger on.... really excited for this kid to come in her

:yeah

I dont get it? I understand this is a Highlight Reel, but with that vision, burst and quickness, how was he a 3 star prospect? Does his hands suck, is his route running too raw?

Didnt play varsity until this year as he sat behind a D1 kid last year. So not too many schools had him on their radar. After he committed though he had quite a few Pac 10 schools call him.

• 6 months later...

He may get his chance to play this year.

Any reason in particular you say this, EZ-E? Got some insider info for us?

McNeill was saying how Quincy is the one freshman that has really stood out to him so far.

Also, Bo mentioned how Chase Rome is really impressing him. Apparently Rome is already repping with the 1s and 2s and is still playing really well. Sounds like he might get some playing time this year as well.

That would be outstanding if Enunwa stepped up and got some playing time already. He fits right into the same body mold as Kinnie and Paul and would give us another physical presence on the outside. AS for Rome, that doesn't surprise me at all. He was on of the main people I wanted to get last year. I think he'll continue to give us an intense, physical presence for years to come.

Basically QE, CR, and CC are the only three freshmen that are physically ready to contribute at the D1 level. Quincy is just a different type of WR than any that we have on the roster.

Basically QE, CR, and CC are the only three freshmen that are physically ready to contribute at the D1 level. Quincy is just a different type of WR than any that we have on the roster.

Welp, there's my LOL for the night. When you said CC, I had to think for a while and even so the only name I could come up with was Curtis Carter.

Anyway, as far as receivers that can actually help NU (yeah, I'm calling you out, Curtis :) ), if Enunwa forced his way onto the field as a frosh, that'd be straight up bad dass (yeah, two words). It's been awhile since NU saw a receiver step up and make a real contribution as a true frosh... yeah, Bell got on the field some last year, but not in any real way. And Niles frosh campaign was a joke... what a horrible waste of eligibility by that certain offensive genius that is no longer with us. Yet another quality :facepalm: moment, brought to you by Bill Callahan!

Welp, there's my LOL for the night. When you said CC, I had to think for a while and even so the only name I could come up with was Curtis Carter.

Anyway, as far as receivers that can actually help NU (yeah, I'm calling you out, Curtis :) ), if Enunwa forced his way onto the field as a frosh, that'd be straight up bad dass (yeah, two words). It's been awhile since NU saw a receiver step up and make a real contribution as a true frosh... yeah, Bell got on the field some last year, but not in any real way. And Niles frosh campaign was a joke... what a horrible waste of eligibility by that certain offensive genius that is no longer with us. Yet another quality :facepalm: moment, brought to you by Bill Callahan!

I agree. Niles should be a RS Junior this year not a senior.

I can definately see Quincy ending up being a diamond in the rough strangely simular to Eric Martin.

I can definately see Quincy ending up being a diamond in the rough strangely simular to Eric Martin.

Let's not forget, UCLA tried to sway him as signing day neared, ala Bobby Stoops and Andrew Green. Bo seems to have a real good retention rate in those situations... definite positives. He's finding kids that have their minds made up, and definitely want to play for the Big Red... case in point: Jamal Turner. Much better than feeling nervous about some of the kids in the Callahan era. Getting a stud in that epic 2007 season was like "YEAH! Now, how long is this dude going to actually stay on our commit list?"

BTW, that story about Carl seeing Pete the Cheat at that Cally All Star Game in which E Mart and nameless USC commit (higher rated) played and E Mart dominated still makes me smile.

Let's not forget, UCLA tried to sway him as signing day neared, ala Bobby Stoops and Andrew Green. Bo seems to have a real good retention rate in those situations... definite positives. He's finding kids that have their minds made up, and definitely want to play for the Big Red... case in point: Jamal Turner. Much better than feeling nervous about some of the kids in the Callahan era. Getting a stud in that epic 2007 season was like "YEAH! Now, how long is this dude going to actually stay on our commit list?"

BTW, that story about Carl seeing Pete the Cheat at that Cally All Star Game in which E Mart and nameless USC commit (higher rated) played and E Mart dominated still makes me smile.

i have a good feeling about him.. but this late at night i have a lot of good feelingss... if you know what i mean

• Fire 1