Offense Ranting HERE

rkhufu7

The playcalling all year has been suspect. I cannot fathom some of the decisions made by Shawn Watson. Today the train fell off the tracks. This is a relatively unimpressive Tech defense that is simply outhustling, outhitting and outworking our offense. Their Defensive Coordinator has baffled Watson's playcalls, and he has made no effective adjustments.

It's time to go back to the drawing board with this offense. We should have been in this game, but the offensive calls have given us no chance.

Figured it needed a singular thread since there will be about 20 threads popping up over the next few hours about the same exact thing.

I also figured since I defended him last week that I should be he person to start this thread.

I literally have no idea what Watson tried to do all day. I can understand limiting the vertical routes last week, but the only time he took a shot downfield today was one time with Cody Green. Not once did we stretch them out or even make them think about someone deep.

Our WR's need to be thrown away. If Niles wants to PR simply because we don't have anyone else to do it, fine. But in no way should he be a starting WR. Cooper and Brooks should start, with Curenski running the slot to stretch defenses vertically.

Our run game is fooked. Nothing else to say there.

Blow it up and keep Cody in there. Start the future now regardless of how much we will have to scale back the offense and the mistakes that will be made.

Also, someone should maybe start a Barney Cotton thread. I've stated my thoughts on Barney in the past, but if I start today with what I think I know I will get ban.

Okay, everybody else now, have at it .. vent ..

Figured it needed a singular thread since there will be about 20 threads popping up over the next few hours about the same exact thing.

I also figured since I defended him last week that I should be he person to start this thread.

I literally have no idea what Watson tried to do all day. I can understand limiting the vertical routes last week, but the only time he took a shot downfield today was one time with Cody Green. Not once did we stretch them out or even make them think about someone deep.

Our WR's need to be thrown away. If Niles wants to PR simply because we don't have anyone else to do it, fine. But in no way should he be a starting WR. Cooper and Brooks should start, with Curenski running the slot to stretch defenses vertically.

Our run game is fooked. Nothing else to say there.

Blow it up and keep Cody in there. Start the future now regardless of how much we will have to scale back the offense and the mistakes that will be made.

it is cotton's fault. yeah, watson will take the blame, but it has always been poor o-line play and cotton's fault. he will be let go at the end of the year.

Also, someone should maybe start a Barney Cotton thread. I've stated my thoughts on Barney in the past, but if I start today with what I think I know I will get ban.

Okay, everybody else now, have at it .. vent ..

As a former letterwinner, and graduate. I am officially done. I appreciate all the effort bo has put into the team. I can't take anymore BS from our offense. it's a joke. Watson is a callahan carryover and needs to go. Along with Tim gilmore. I don't give a damn if what you think! I won't watch another game this year, won't buy another piece of nebraska clothing. Done.

I have had enough. This is a damn shame. Pass, pass, pass and more pass. Watson, resign and have some dignity!!!

I have been hesitant to hand the reins to Cody Green, but he is clearly our future on offense, and with two losses any pretense we might have had at playing for anything is gone. Put him in, get him half a year of starting experience, roll with the punches that will come with starting a true freshman (even Tommie Frazier screwed up as a Freshman), and don't look back.

Our run game is fooked? Nah. That would be to say that we have a run game, and we don't. Our line isn't knocking people off the ball, and Helu isn't the same after that run against Missouri.

Cotton... not sure what to think. His line shouldn't be this bad, but it is not, not, not good. Not good at all.

I said some stuff in my own Watson thread, but nothing you didn't say. Completely agree - his playcalling is baffling, ineffective, and easily diagnosed.

I couldn't agree more. This game was a defining moment, because weather wasn't a factor, the crowd wasn't a factor, and the other team wasn't supposed to have a good defense. (Too bad we didn't like the definition it came up with.)

Only an utter moron would say "Hey guys, let's do more of the same next week!" Perhaps this is the time to start getting Cody Green game experience if he is to be our future qb. We burned his redshirt anyway.... We desperately need to establish a power running game--one that eats the clock and keeps offenses like TT off the field and out of rhythm. That would give our defense a chance to rest. We've relied WAYYY too much on them keeping us in the games. The defense is great, but they're only human.

I honestly don't think Watson has what it takes to bring this program back to an elite status. Osborne and Pelini are going to have to do some soul-searching there.