Offense Ranting HERE

rkhufu7

The problem is the West Coast offense. I forget what former Huskers on the radio said it but they said the offense doesn't practice pounding the ball in practice.

It's a finesse kind of offense and when you practice that way your not going to beable to dominate up front.

Then when every pass is verily past 5 yards and the receivers have to stand, and wait for the ball all advantage of the short pass is gone. Look how Texas Tech caught the ball on the run on the slant routes and then watch Nebraska it's like night and day.

This offense is great playing against bad defense but anytime they play a good defense they can't move the ball until the other teams so ahead that they go in prevent mode.

To the person that said Green was staring down his recievers. I was wondering how he missed all those times Zac did the same time after time. <_<

To leave on a positive note I was proud how the Defense played. It was a hell of a lot better then I thought they would and Nebraska still has a shot at the Big 12 north title.

I'm gonna say i do believe it's in the playcalling. The o-line has no sense of itself cuz there's no consistency in the play calling. To establish the run game, you have to stick with it thru the short gains and losses too. The drive at the end of the half, there was good run/pass mix and all a sudden had the tech d on their heels. Of course until we got cute with shotgun insided the 10, ON 3 STRAIGHT PLAYS. All day, 4-5 wides and shotgun. Ridiculous. Load up some tight ends, a fullback, lets power the ball some, give helu, OUR BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER, the damn ball, give the o-line a chance to figger out what theyre supposed to do. The playcalling thinks there's a Colt McCoy or a Todd Reesing, or even Joe Ganz back there and there isnt. These quarterbacks need to manage the game, feed the ball to the backs, and convert some 3rd downs in the air and some big play playactions.

Bring in a power I running attack with the ability to run the spread plays like zone read and such. NU offense needs to go old school!!!

:yeah

Did you just say bring back Frank Solich? I think you did!

I would like to play devil's advocate here and say TTech going up 14 MADE us predictable. But we don't have a quarterback that can bring us out of that hole. Or an O-Line that can get us out of that hole.

Is that Watson's fault? A little bit maybe.

Helu needs more touches. It's hard to get him touches with him being injury prone and no depth at the position.

What lost the game, in my mind? We bought into the hype. Thank all of you who hyped this damn game, who hyped (even though it's deserved) Suh. This team isn't mature enough to handle pressure. They crap themselves.

Thank you fans. Thank you for this loss.

:clap:clap:clap Good post. :sarcasm Fans can act however the f#*k they want, it SHOULD NOT affect the players. If it does, that just points out ANOTHER flaw with the team, lack of discipline. If a team that hasn't proven ANYTHING thinks that they are national title contenders because a bunch of ignorant fans think so, then we are in a hell of a lot more trouble than i imagined.

Get out of here with that kind of ridiculous sh#t. If you think this loss was the fans fault for giving in to hype because we had no idea that our offense would be so freaking inept week in and week out, you are HIGH AS sh#t.

I haven't seen anyone comment on the piss poor clock management by the offense in the third quarter and into the fourth. There wasn't any sense of urgency until Green was in the game for good. I know ball control was a huge factor in the Tech game last year but when the team is down 3 TDs its time to switch tactics. JEEZ!

YES, I was thinking the same thing. Absolutely no sense of urgency, the play clock was below 10 on almost every play towards the end :bang

I haven't seen anyone comment on the piss poor clock management by the offense in the third quarter and into the fourth. There wasn't any sense of urgency until Green was in the game for good. I know ball control was a huge factor in the Tech game last year but when the team is down 3 TDs its time to switch tactics. JEEZ!

YES, I was thinking the same thing. Absolutely no sense of urgency, the play clock was below 10 on almost every play towards the end :bang

I was SCREAMING that from the student section the entire time they were on the field. Like.... Okay, I understand that you want to control the ball, but you're losing BADLY!.... with hardly any time left. Try and get to the line fast and not make f'ing seventeen checks EVERY PLAY!

It kind of makes me wonder how many times Watson calls a run play that can be checked into a pass and Lee just makes the WRONG read and checks into a pass that fails miserably. He's a horrible qb, but watson isn't proving to be a very good OC either.

All you Husker fans should be ASHAMED of yourself for forgetting how to lose.

Calling for the head of the OC who not to long ago was a GOD in your eyes?

LEARN HOW TO TAKE A LOSS, quit whining, support our coaches until the end of the season at least.

You make me sick.

This is a horrible stat for the offense.

In 12 quarters against BCS opponents, Nebraska has failed to score a touchdown in 10 of them.

Pity, the two quarters we did score touchdowns, were the 4th.

You realize that stat is really apropos of nothing, right? What does it show? That we've struggled?

Don't just buy into something you read somewhere and think it has meaning. The reality is, this offense is broken. That stat doesn't prove or disprove that.

This is a horrible stat for the offense.

In 12 quarters against BCS opponents, Nebraska has failed to score a touchdown in 10 of them.

Pity, the two quarters we did score touchdowns, were the 4th.

You realize that stat is really apropos of nothing, right? What does it show? That we've struggled?

Don't just buy into something you read somewhere and think it has meaning. The reality is, this offense is broken. That stat doesn't prove or disprove that.

Agreed. The only stats that matter are the scoreboard and rushing totals in my opinion. If you can't run the ball you can't win championships. Texas Tech has a neat little gimmick, but they're a marginal team at best, incapable of doing anything more than having average to good seasons on a consistent basis.