Zack Lee or Cody Green

Who do you think gets the start against Iowa State?

I have a feeling CG might. The way Bo made it sound in his post-game, he was not happy with his reads and game management. CG may be young but he is well worth the investment. He did get our offense moving when Lee couldn't and was able to put a TD on the board. He did make some mistakes which I believe comes with youth and a lack of bug game experience but I thought he did pretty well getting thrown into the situation.

Start Green, run the ball more with some option.

Bring in Lee as a backup in the second half if we are behind.

Green needs time on the field, let him start against Iowa St. lets see what we got.

Look at the TT QB's, the may never go back to Potts

Welcome aboard. When I asked a few weeks ago if anyone else thought that CG would/should be starting by the time conference games rolled around, I got my head handed to me. Now I see it is "the thing to do".

What I fear is that many are still thinking that this is a good to great football team and the reason that you have now jumped off the Lee bandwagon is that CG is all we need to win. The problem with that is that you will be quickly blaming CG for mistakes and claiming that it is his fault we don't win.

The truth of the matter is we don't have a good football team and it's going to take a good while to get one. We are going to lose some games that many of the fans thinking we are a good football team have penciled in as sure wins. But with CG at the helm it does help cure one problem. Perhaps with experience we will have a QB that is capable of Div I play. Lee is a sunbelt QB. But that is not the only problem on this team.

If we start Cody and stick with him, we have a chance of being a much better football team next year--but then from a QB perspective a very good chance of having a top Div I QB for the following two years. Now it will take tremendous help at all positions to make this a good team. Other than our d-line which loses Suh, we don't have much that any good team would trade for. UPGRADE is necessary, but we should start with the QB, or we'll be in the same spot next year--and then we'll have Cody taking the controls for the first time in 2011. Waste of talent imo.

So if you are going to get on the Cody Bus you should sit down shut up and ride. It won't be smooth but it is the dose of medicine this program needs to get one glaring problem addressed.

I'm sticking by what I posted back in february. When I said CG would be the starting qb before the end of the season all of you thought it was just hype. Yes he is that good.

The fact that they burned his redshirt early in the year leads me to believe that you're correct. Lee is Cody Green's Mike Grant.

So many issues on the offense that one has to start somewhere. Incredibly stupid penalties by the line seems to happen regularly. You won't have to worry about the swine flu with our wide receivers. They can't catch anything. The running game is not helping out the passing game or vise versa. Strange play calling. And if anyone thinks upcoming games against the Clones and Baylor are gimmees, well guess again. There are way to many problems that a change at qb isn't the answer but as I stated, you have to start somewheres. I think Watson should give Green the nod with all the practice snaps and design a game plan around him.

So many issues on the offense that one has to start somewhere. Incredibly stupid penalties by the line seems to happen regularly. You won't have to worry about the swine flu with our wide receivers. They can't catch anything. The running game is not helping out the passing game or vise versa. Strange play calling. And if anyone thinks upcoming games against the Clones and Baylor are gimmees, well guess again. There are way to many problems that a change at qb isn't the answer but as I stated, you have to start somewheres. I think Watson should give Green the nod with all the practice snaps and design a game plan around him.

Watson design a game plan? :rollin

Oh, you weren't joking <_<:laughpound

Okay let's preface this with something...

Green looks more talented and wanted to make more plays... but i have to ask a question....

Why is it that Lee get's raped by the same people that praise Green for the EXACT SAME THING? Lee throws a shovel pass and people ream him because he's terrible, Green throws a shovel pass and he's awesome because he completed a pass. Lee overthrows a receiver and he's a terrible QB, Green overthrows a receiver and the receiver is terrible because he couldn't go up and get the pass. Lee makes a tight throw to mcneill that gets caught for a 1st down and he gets cussed at because he made a bad decision, Green throws a ball over the middle that gets tipped and Gilleylen drops it after that tip and all of the sudden Green made a great throw and Gilleylen needed to catch it (i agree w/ the catch, not the throw)... Lee sits in the pocket too long and he gets ripped for not making a play with his feet, he scrambles and gets the 1st down with his feet, and he's ripped because he took too long and didnt try to hit an open receiver.

I'm not over exaggerating at all here. I get a ton of people thing Green is the future, maybe he is. I understand that Lee wasn't playing great. But as a fan, shouldn't we want what is best for the team? Why should we boo and complain about someone for making X play while we praise and clap for another person making X play? I guess I am struggling to grasp why that is the situation.

nice rant, better go take a nap

whoever can get points on the board

Give Cody Green a chance, if he cannot produce go back to Lee

As people have said already... the core problem here is the O-Line... can't block to save their lives, probably one of the most penalized I have seen ever, and they just destroy the confidence of the QB, no matter who is in.

Our receivers are HORRIBLE. None of them are playmakers, none of them are speedsters, and worst of all none of them can really catch! Cmon I bet even Tim Jesus Tebow would struggle with our receivers and O-line.

I still think we should start Green, but its not really going to make a huge difference right now.

In speaking with some friends that went to yesterdays game, they all said the same thing. NU needs to a find a QB and both Lee and Green aren't it.

How is Green not it? He might not be today, but the kid I think has the makings of a great QB at NU.

Where else are we going to find a QB that isn't Lee or Green today anyway?

In speaking with some friends that went to yesterdays game, they all said the same thing. NU needs to a find a QB and both Lee and Green aren't it.

How is Green not it? He might not be today, but the kid I think has the makings of a great QB at NU.

All all said the same thing.

1. Green can't read a D

2. He has a gun for an arm but God knows where it's going to go

Where to find one today will be tough. But they all said same thing in seperate conversations. They all can't be wrong.

All all said the same thing.

1. Green can't read a D

2. He has a gun for an arm but God knows where it's going to go

Where to find one today will be tough. But they all said same thing in seperate conversations. They all can't be wrong.

We don't know how well he can readt defense yet. He was forced to throw basically every down because of the situation. If he starts next game and has choices I am sure he would run it instead of throwing it. Also I remember at the start of practices the coaches were raving about his ability to read safety's and read when blitz's were coming. Just give him time.