Coincidence?

Disclaimer: This is honest question, I don't claim this to be the case.

Double Disclaimer: I am not calling for either of these coaches heads.

I think of the two positions that have had the most trouble with the three legitimate opponents we have played. Arguably these positions are Quarterback, and Wide Receiver. Then I think of the two coaches the stayed on from the Callahan staff. These coaches are Shawn Watson, and Ted Gilmore. They happen to coach the Quarterbacks, and the Wide receivers. I don't know much about either of these coaches or their coaching style, which is why I want all you all's insight, so I wonder. Is this a coincidence? Or is there something to it?

Eh.... People are pretty quick to jump all over the lack of ability at WR and QB, I don't see it. Wideouts drop passes occasionally. Some games more then others. This was one of the poorer performances. Zac Lee shouldn't be starting, but practice isn't an indication of that. Now we know. I'm sure Bo will adjust.

Our Offensive line looked bad... I mean, they played okay I guess, but yeah.... Multiple 3 second pocket passing opportunities, as Green showed once he got in. As long as he would step up INTO the pocket he was fine. Lee was just retarded and ran outside of the line's protection zones. But they suck at run blocking. Bad.

Guess we should all appreciate the intangibles that Ganz brought to the table last year a bit more.

name 1 QB who gets sacked 5 time and has constant pressure from the defense that rushed 4 people most of the night, that can succeed in finding open receivers and consistanly move the ball.

when the qb is under pressure the receivers need to break off their routes and get open to help the qb.

the loss yesterday wasnt due to poor QB play, it was due to HORRIBLE offensive line play, and stupid penalties.

i like Cotton, but i just dont think that he is the right guy for the job anymore. the penalties that the offensive line is committing is due to a lack of discipline, and that starts with the techniques that the position coach is teaching or failing to teach.

Did you forget how good our QB and WRs were last year?

Thats the part I dont understand. Last year with Ganz (a last second recruit) and swift (a FS recruit) and Peterson (a walkon) the offense was better then it is now with this "big time" talent that BC brought in.

So, is it just that other coaches have figured out Watsons playcalling?

Is it that BC's recruits were way overhyped?

Is it that the offense has no identity?

Receiver issues are a big issue with how the game turned out for me.

QB play also had a part in it.

OLine, surely didn't do their part either.

I think it is recruiting to a certain extent.

Green, obviously a freshman has the most talent.

Burkhead, another freshman that displays allot of talent. We could have used him if he wasn't injured.

Helu, (old staff recruit) does a great job, injury prone, but we can't really lean on him.

Niles Paul, (Average at best) if this is our best receiver, we better learn how to run the ball and fast.

On Defense, it looks much better. Dennard continues to impress. That tip ball was just a lucky break for TT.

Gomes impressed, as did Crick.

Back to recruiting, we better start getting that ball rolling on the offensive side as well.

The rest of our running backs suck, pure, plain and simple.

We better get that Aaron Green kid next year, cuz none of those other backs will ever see real playing time.

Receivers? Why put a kid on scholarship at the WR position when he can't even catch the ball?

Ted Gilmore has allot of explaining to do.