Is this still part of the problem?

Hunter94

Maybe by 'Multiple,' they meant 'Multiply,' as in you take the average number number of plays we would probably need and multiply by pi or something like that.

Really, the only confusing thing about running offensive plays are blocking schemes and picking up blitzes vs. different defensive sets.

I don't know if anyone's noticed, but while Florida doesn't look nearly as good as they did last year, they are winning, and how are they winning? With defense and their running game - though Tebow had 27 carries for 69 yards (sound like Crouch or Lord at all?), they set up wide open passing lanes and receivers with the running game - and Tebow is a threat.

After watching last weekend I think Watson could eliminate about 20 of those plays! :sarcasm

I know one we could live with out....The WR bubble screen. We run it every other play and it just gets us in trouble. (See OU 2008 and TxTech 09)

Eff that play! :angry:

At the same time, we've seen that play go for some pretty big yards this year..

Juuuuuuuu st sayin... :corndance

I know it is totally unrealistic in college football, but I remember a high school team we played way back when that would kill us (and everyone else) every year. They ran 4 running plays and 2 pass plays. They knew how to run them perfectly and everyone on the field knew exactly where to go and who to hit. Again, not possible in college, but I strongly feel that cutting down plays and working on perfect execution would pay off in the long run.

Also its not like we have 320 plays that we are preparing to run for the game like Callahan did. I'm sure we have a package of like 50 plays that we plan on possibly using in the game. Again, I agree with Bo, its about execution. Everyone was loving the zone read when helu broke a 60 yard run against KU. Everyone was loving the spread when we picked apart ISU's D last year. Everyone loved the zone read when Ganz ran it masterfully at KSU last year. We are all asking for a power running game, but everyone hated the gameplan against Mizzou and Va Tech last year. It really is about execution. It's not like Watson's calling a perfect game, but that is to be expected. When players don't fire off the ball, miss catches, don't make the right reads, don't throw it when the WR's are open, that's not to be expected.

:dunno I think we need to consider the source. Cody probably took some heat for saying he only knew 15 plays, and know whenever he is asked he tells everyone 320 plays. Many plays are duplicated with the only changes for reciever sets. I wouldn't doubt if he counting every play in the playbook including defense and special team plays.

I really don't doubt that he knows that many plays at all. He's been here since January and we probably sent him a playbook in the fall of his senior year in high school. I'm sure he knew around 15 plays just for the spring game. Also I'm sure a lot of times it just takes getting the terminology down to know each play so maybe that happened for him as well.

I could careless how many he or Zac know. It makes no differenece if your throwing it behind them, 10 foot over their heads, or not even seeing them. Then when you have WR's that can get hit in the chest and drop the ball on a regular basis, it makes little difference what the frippen play is.

It is a talent/ability problem, not a play problem.

We beat K-State in 1994 or 1995 with about five plays. They knew what we were going to run, we lined up and ran it, and they couldn't stop us. The Turmanator's biggest moment.

It doesn't matter if you know two or two hundred plays. Execution matters. You execute better than they do, you win. Ball game.

We beat K-State in 1994 or 1995 with about five plays. They knew what we were going to run, we lined up and ran it, and they couldn't stop us. The Turmanator's biggest moment.

It doesn't matter if you know two or two hundred plays. Execution matters. You execute better than they do, you win. Ball game.

Well, there were actually ten then by the time you flip them to the other side. I agree witcha!!!

You execute better than they do, you win. Ball game.

Wrong.

Why even prepare for Iowa State this Saturday? None of that matters, the only thing that matters is how we execute against them, right? Wait, execute what?

Not only do you need to execute your strategy, but you need to have the right strategy. If the other team puts 11 players in the box every play, leaving our WRs uncovered, yet we handed the ball off to Tyler Legate, how would that game turn out? We'd still be executing the play well, wouldn't we?

Our defense executed pretty darn well that first drive against Texas Tech, yet they still managed to catch fluke tip passes and turn it into a TD.

But whatever, being smart about how you play the game has nothing to do with football, apparently.

Run to pass, pass to run, stretch the field at least a couple of times a half.

Tech never feared our down field passing in the slightest.

They were defending what they see every week in practice. Short dink and dunk passes. All DB's right up in or near the box the whole game it seemed.

Without a QB that can at least give the thought we are going to go deep on occasion it is tough. Helu hurt is another real problem.

My guess is this week we will see a lot of what we have seen the last two weeks. It is not going to be pretty.