Saturday We Will Break the Record for LOUDEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL STADIUM EVER

This reminds me of a thread I started awhile back. I had mentioned to use kind of a fake, or real if possible, sound meter that goes up and down compared to how loud the crowd is being. And now with the ribbon boards it should be easier than ever to use that play. It just seems so simple. With a visual of how loud the fans are being it makes it so easy to have the people be louder. When our fans can see a challenge they usually put forth full effort to be the best.

I will be there, and loud.

The student section needs to create their own cheers. New ones are badly needed.

Something like at Texas A & M, they cheer all the time. NU fans have basically two, "GO BIG RED" and "HUSKER POWER". It seems like there should be more done to get the fans involved. (forget the "wave" that gets lame.)

The cheerleaders and the video guys need to rework things with the "HUSKER POWER" thing. The timing is all messed up with the Tunnel Walk.

This reminds me of a thread I started awhile back. I had mentioned to use kind of a fake, or real if possible, sound meter that goes up and down compared to how loud the crowd is being. And now with the ribbon boards it should be easier than ever to use that play. It just seems so simple. With a visual of how loud the fans are being it makes it so easy to have the people be louder. When our fans can see a challenge they usually put forth full effort to be the best.

That is an amazing idea! I think that you should contact the athletic department and suggest that. I really do think that would kick the volume up a level.

What about a Sponsor like Pepsi, Val's or Runza giving out something to the loudest section? All they would need to do is have someone with binoculars really watching the crowd during the course of the game and just kind of pick a section that stands out. It wouldn't be exact of course, but it would probably motivate some people. Sooner or later you would get sections where people have sat together for a long time trying to out compete other sections. Of course the student section would win it everytime if they were included, so they would have to be left out, which would look bad. Just thinking out loud.

Here's the problem.....

Old people don't have internet let alone Facebook.

Define old, in October of 2007 only 4.2% of Facebook users were over 35, that number jumped to 18.9% in January of 2009 and now in August of 2009 it's 40.2% Of the 35.4 million new users to Facebook in that time 30.4 million were over the age of 35. Nearly 86% people joining Facebook are parents or grandparents today.

Sorry, I know it's kind of off topic, but have been doing some marketing demographics studies and it's insane the amount of change that's happening at the social media sites these days.

Sat in section 106 last week...now I officially know what it is like to sit with the gray hairs...it sucks. They never moved...sat on their asses the whole game, didn't make a peep. Just sat there...waiting to die.

I will never sit with the gray hairs again...great seats, because yeah, they can afford them, but they were absolutely no motivation what so ever for anyone on the field. And they really give these people tickets?

Too bad there isn't a way to take their tickets, and sell them to someone that actually can show some enthusiasm because a) they ARE still alive, B) they get to watch one of the greatest programs in college football, c)did I mention - the ARE still alive? Barely?? These are the people that should just stay in the parking lot with their oxygen tanks and listen to the game on tv or radio...I know that high altitude must of made them a little woozy...and I am surprised that they even made it up there that high...

Lord, shoot me now, the world is not fair, people that have money should not get season tickets if they really can't get off their ass and make some noise - other than the passing of gas before they die.

how about everyone buy foghorns and bring em to the game?

We all use them at the same time.

What I was gonna say!

Good way to get your butt thrown out the first time you use it, if they even let you in with it...I know about 40,000 gray hairs that would be more than happy to turn you in too, I think they called security on me and my pal for just cheering loudly on the back row Saturday - they came up and sat and watched us for a little while until they realized we were just being loud (not obnoxious).

dedhoarse

Besides, they put on the ribbon boards and score board stuff to get the fans to cheer loud...but it is like everyone is in tape delay, because by the time they do, the opposing offense is about to snap the ball...defeats the purpose.

Unfortunately, there are those season ticket holders, known as the "gray hairs" that flat refuse to make any noise other than a fart now and then...they have had those tickets forever, and will die with them passed on to their kids, who will be 70 by that time, too...continuing the saga of the "gray hairs".

I was thinking the other day, the best thing that could happen to this program, as far as getting fans that will get involved, would be for the team to really get bad, ruining the sellout streak, having people not renew their season tickets, making them available to people that actually WANT to come and cheer for the team (when they get better). Until this team get so bad that the season ticket holders refuse to pay to watch them (not just one year or two years - but for like a decade), this problem will persist.