Blake Lawerence

Fuzzy

If this is the end of his Husker career, I would rather he bow out with his health still intact, than ignore the obvious dangers that so many others in the past have. With all the new information becoming available in this day and age, it's become clear that the risks just aren't worth the rewards.

This can't be an easy decision for Blake and his family to make, but if this really is concussion related then it's the smart choice IMO.

I had a chance to hear Blake talk at Football 101 last year. He was charming, funny, and clearly a favorite of the other guys. He looked like a baby, though. Cute cheeks, slender, just not the kind of guy you'd think would be a linebacker at a major school.

I wish him the best, and hope his academic career brings him as much accolades as his football career did. He has always been a fan favorite, and a really good guy.

If this is it, good luck, Blake. Once a Husker, always a Husker.

How were Lawrence and Witt such good friends?

where did you get Witt from?

:yeah I was wondering the same thing.

I may have to take Blake off my Grim Reaper sig.

I'm pretty sure that they were roommates at some point and I read something where they had grown "close" a year or more ago.

I had a chance to hear Blake talk at Football 101 last year. He was charming, funny, and clearly a favorite of the other guys. He looked like a baby, though. Cute cheeks, slender, just not the kind of guy you'd think would be a linebacker at a major school.

I wish him the best, and hope his academic career brings him as much accolades as his football career did. He has always been a fan favorite, and a really good guy.

where did you get Witt from?

:yeah I was wondering the same thing.

I may have to take Blake off my Grim Reaper sig.

I'm pretty sure that they were roommates at some point and I read something where they had grown "close" a year or more ago.

I don't remember that, but now i understand. :)

6'3" 225lbs? Sounds like a good figure for a Will Linebacker. Just sucks that a LB gets a concussion, usually its the other way around. LB's are meant to give concussions. Joking.

You have to remember this was a couple of summers ago. He wasn't nearly that big then, I'd bet dollars to donuts. He was slender, and I remembered thinking, "THIS guy is a linebacker?"

I haven't a clue what you're referring to....?

knapplc, I have nothing but respect for you and from some of your previous posts, you seem to be well versed. I believe you said that you were a litigator of some sort? You have a definite way with words but I'am in a bit of a quandry as to why you refered to Blake as having "Cute cheeks"?

Are you getting in touch with your feminine side? j/k :dumdum:P

You'd have to see the kid in person. He has baby cheeks, or at least, he did in the summer of 2008. Feminine side? Not sure. But I do have a lot of chick friends. Maybe they're rubbing off on me. =)

knapplc, I have nothing but respect for you and from some of your previous posts, you seem to be well versed. I believe you said that you were a litigator of some sort? You have a definite way with words but I'am in a bit of a quandry as to why you refered to Blake as having "Cute cheeks"?

Are you getting in touch with your feminine side? j/k :dumdum:P

Dude, have you seen Blake? He has a perfect set of cheeks.

Regards,

Chase Daniels

I heard someone from texas tech grabbed one egg and ran it back to the other side of the street...

Must have watched Paul drop it and stand there looking shell shocked.

Paul was trying to count his chickens before they hatched... :clap

I know, that was terrible... :dunno

If it is indeed bad news, good luck to the kid. you know you play balls out if you're getting concussions when drilling someone from the opposite team. We will always have you in our prayers and think of you as family son.

I heard someone from texas tech grabbed one egg and ran it back to the other side of the street...

If it is indeed bad news, good luck to the kid. you know you play balls out if you're getting concussions when drilling someone from the opposite team. We will always have you in our prayers and think of you as family son.

He had his concussion in practice.

He had his concussion in practice.

Well they say you practice how you play, so either way the kid played balls out. Did not know that though, thanks for the info.