My 2 cents worth

cb1954

Watched the replay today, as bad as the offense was NU could have made this a game with a few breaks.

The first time Tech had the ball they had a 3rd and 23 and the guy caught a tipped ball for a first down and they went on to score. NUs tipped ball from Green which would have been a TD had the NU reciever held on. Thats 14 points right there.

Also NU called the time out when Tech went for it on 4th down and it looked like the D would have held them, but after the timeout they got a first down and went on to score another TD, add the fumbled lateral pass earlier and thats another 14 points.

That said, if the offense keeps this up we might not have a sure win left this year. It all starts with the oline and if they can't get it done it will be hard no matter who is the QB.

It seems like the offense goes sideline to sideline more than they do up filed and those 2 yard passes make me want to scream. All of the offsides, illegal proceedures and personal fouls have to stop too.

That said, if the offense keeps this up we might not have a sure win left this year. It all starts with the oline and if they can't get it done it will be hard no matter who is the QB.

It seems like the offense goes sideline to sideline more than they do up filed and those 2 yard passes make me want to scream. All of the offsides, illegal proceedures and personal fouls have to stop too.

word......

That said, if the offense keeps this up we might not have a sure win left this year.

Oh boy, you're really to piss off the die hard Lee backers now. How dare you suggest that things aren't working and that maybe we should make a change-or at least try something different.

You obviously have no loyalty and therefore are not a real fan :sarcasm

Ganz really didn't do that much better at this point in the season if you think about it, and he had a few more games from the previous year under his belt. He would throw costly interceptions deep in our own territory on numerous occasions. The TTech game is where he started picking it up, but as you remember he threw the pick that lost us the game. He grew as the season went on and we were looking ugly as hell last year and ended up on a great note (and that's after a massacre from Missouri and Oklahoma). We'll beat ISU and Baylor, probably lose to OU, and should be able to win out (with the exception of the B12 CG). Kansas I think we'll win, and I'm more scared of CU than any other remaining B12 North team.

That said, if the offense keeps this up we might not have a sure win left this year.

Oh boy, you're really to piss off the die hard Lee backers now. How dare you suggest that things aren't working and that maybe we should make a change-or at least try something different.

You obviously have no loyalty and therefore are not a real fan :sarcasm

Don't go overboard by any means.

The people that are "backing Lee" in your terms aren't as much defending Lee as it is talking about how bad the rest of it has been. He doesn't have protection, that's not gonna magically change for Green. There are a ton of play calls coming in for little screen passes and short routes, that's probably not going to change much for Green. People complain that Lee can't hit a receiver, and hell, I was every bit as critical the 1st 2 weeks about how Lee was throwing balls behind guys, but Green has done nothing to prove that he is going to be any better than Lee in that aspect. He had more incompletions on less attempts last week. He threw a couple balls right to tech defenders. Sure, he stepped up and moved around in the pocket better, but it's a helluva lot easier to teach that to Lee than it is to teach Green to magically hit his receivers.

Maybe instead of resorting to bashing, you should take a look at some of the facts that are out there, as opposed to this magical dream that Green is going to come out and lead the previously dormant offense to a 500 yard - 50 point performance against a team like Oklahoma.

Ganz really didn't do that much better at this point in the season if you think about it, and he had a few more games from the previous year under his belt. He would throw costly interceptions deep in our own territory on numerous occasions. The TTech game is where he started picking it up, but as you remember he threw the pick that lost us the game. He grew as the season went on and we were looking ugly as hell last year and ended up on a great note (and that's after a massacre from Missouri and Oklahoma). We'll beat ISU and Baylor, probably lose to OU, and should be able to win out (with the exception of the B12 CG). Kansas I think we'll win, and I'm more scared of CU than any other remaining B12 North team.

I'm not scared of Colorado at all. They'll play us hard & it'll be a good game. I think our defense will win it for us

So what can be drawn from this is that by the time a quarterback finally feels comfortable in this offense......HE GRADUATES!!!! This is not good. I hope Pelini and Oz put a FOOT up Watson's kiester and we see some plays that produce.

We definitely didn't get many, if any, breaks in that game. Great teams overcome that stuff and we're not quite there yet. With the exception of one drive in the late third or early 4th quarter I thought the D really played damn well. The offense was just plain disappointing. Maybe I'm not giving Tech's D enough credit but I don't think they're that good.

My hope is the O begins to step up and play like the D has been playing. I think Lee is overthinking things and that's partially the coaches fault. He rarely takes the ball on the zone read so the defensive ends don't respect that at all. I'd also like to see more use of a fullback as an extra run blocker. We are giving them scholarships so we might as well use them. And, chuck it down the field a little more. Make the deep guy your primary and have a short guy as the secondary. Yeah, I'm sure I'm oversimplifying this but who knows. I'd just like to see a little more emphasis on North-South and less on East-West movement.