Nebraska is Done

Husker_x

And for those Lee apologists in the crowd, tell me how his pussyfoot play helps this team? He's useless as a quarterback. He may not ever be the sole reason this team loses a game, but he does little to help in winning (a la Sam Keller).

Take a bow, sir. This is the post of the day.

I quoted the part about Lee because that's exactly how I feel. Thank you for putting this down into words. And a meltdown is appropriate right now.....

I'll just come back in a little under a week when at least a few of you have regained your wits.

Take your time.

Lee played mediocre, but Paul dropped that ball near the endzone, Robinson fumbled it in the red zone, and Helu did the same. Any of those would have won it. You can't expect Lee to drive 80 yards for a score when he floats a nice pass into Paul only to have the dumbass blow it at the end.

You know last week I only saw one post where some guy went nuts about never being a nebraska fan again and other then that there was nothing crazy. Why is it a "meltdown" to talk about the reasons you lost a game? Good gawd it's like we're all supposed to be rosy and smiley no matter what happens in life.

You know last week I only saw one post where some guy went nuts about never being a nebraska fan again and other then that there was nothing crazy. Why is it a "meltdown" to talk about the reasons you lost a game? Good gawd it's like we're all supposed to be rosy and smiley no matter what happens in life.

"Life's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get."

Ya know this team is only 4-2. It's not like were at the end of the season looking at 5-7. Still got plenty of football to be played. Yes Watson may need to go but hell Lee did decent. The WR's and RB's fumbled the ball too much. Things will turn around. Not going to meltdown at this point in the season.

I remember feeling this way only once in my life about the Huskers. It was around October of 2007 when it became apparent that Nebraska had fallen so low to be an embarrassment both to themselves and the state. I now feel this way, not about the team, but a part of it. Bo Pelini was hired to instill a sense of toughness and nastiness in the defense. In two seasons we can now be proud to say that we have a premiere defensive unit nationally. We play solid on the line, solid in the secondary, and Suh is a one-man punt blocking machine.

Shawn Watson, Barney Cotton, and Ted Gilmore, however, need to be fired and fired immediately. I do not care who points the finger at what. From front to back his offensive unit is an absolute disgrace to the state of Nebraska and the university. As I said last week, they are stupid, undisciplined, and inept. It all starts with the line, who cannot create a stable pocket, who cannot run block with any consistency. Our receivers are so horrendous it defies explanation. Running backs cannot be blamed for holes that don't exist. And for those Lee apologists in the crowd, tell me how his pussyfoot play helps this team? He's useless as a quarterback. He may not ever be the sole reason this team loses a game, but he does little to help in winning (a la Sam Keller).

I have never been so embarrassed as a Husker fan to watch our offense. Niles Paul, Holt, and Lee specifically have no business on the field, but one cannot conceivably account for the dozen turnovers we had by pointing to the players. It just doesn't happen. It's the coaching, period. It's the fundamentals. It's the mindset. Our offense is sick, like our defense was sick in 2007. If Pelini doesn't cure it, he could lose this team just as badly as Callahan lost it before he was fired.

Newsflash, folks. This team doesn't have what it takes to make a bowl game. Our defense is useless if our offense can't score. We are in bad, bad shape.

You almost got it right. Lee had nothing ...NOTHING...... to do with this loss today.

Ya know this team is only 4-2. It's not like were at the end of the season looking at 5-7. Still got plenty of football to be played. Yes Watson may need to go but hell Lee did decent. The WR's and RB's fumbled the ball too much. Things will turn around. Not going to meltdown at this point in the season.

Actually, we're now 4-3 and the easiest game left on the sched is next week. Baylor isn't any worse than the team that just beat us.

The seasons not over, we still have at least 6 games to play....sooooo--

we can either get better or get worse.. yes, it can get worse. our players on both sides of the ball could give up--like 2007--but they won't cuz we have a new coach that won't let them.

the players on offense played like complete sh#t...it was a nightmare i've had before where everyone turns over the ball...that's not the coaches fault...but what is their fault is putting an obviously hurt Helu in the game, and what is their fault is not putting a measly 3 points on the board at some point in the 2nd half...the COACHES must find a way to get that done.

but no, the season is not over...i waited 5 months for us to get this going this year and i'm not about to give it up now just to wait another 10 months. Let's enjoy what the defense is doing--it's special this year--and let's pray that somehow someone somewhere on that offensive side of the ball steps up and gets this sh#t going ....i think they will...

There's a show here in Dallas on the radio that features a guy named Randy Galloway. The guy drives me nuts on his "over-reaction Monday" as he then covers all the things they should have done. If the Cowboys win, it's still pretty pessimistic ... if they lose ... it's Cows Suck ... Cows Suck ... Cows Suck.

The things that are said on this board by fans are many times understood, but the way they are said make me question the character of the fan for sure.

For me ... I'm emotionally drained by three losses that remind me of the "lost years" of this program. For me ... this is my last post on this board about the Huskers. I am at a "meltdown" with my Huskers ... it's purplexing ... and the whole recruiting aspect of knowing these recruits are seeing this just kills me.

The Husker surprzed me last year with a good end to the season ... maybe that will happen again.

For me, I'll stay updated on recruiting ... but I won't be tuning in to the games or to this board about anymore games.

I hope the Huskers aren't done ... as the post says ... but for me ... I am done.

This hurts and I don't have the stomach!

SheepdogMark