Rest Helu

I agree, but not for the reasons given. #1 by far is to keep him from reinjuring it, and having it turn into a chronic injury. Don't ruin his career to beat Baylor. But if the doc says there's no danger of that and it's just pain tolerance, then let him play, unless he's not effective. Two fumbles says that pain or injury or something made him a lot less than 100%, which makes someone else better.

The conclusion is the same, he probably needs time to heal, from what little info we actually have.

I agree, but not for the reasons given. #1 by far is to keep him from reinjuring it, and having it turn into a chronic injury. Don't ruin his career to beat Baylor. But if the doc says there's no danger of that and it's just pain tolerance, then let him play, unless he's not effective. Two fumbles says that pain or injury or something made him a lot less than 100%, which makes someone else better.

The conclusion is the same, he probably needs time to heal, from what little info we actually have.

and that someone would be...........

Tre did very well with the plays we called for him...I'm sure he has learned his lesson about gang-tackling in D1 college football. PPL WILL strip the ball from you. Everyone fumbles now and than, his just came at a time when EVERYONE really was putting the ball on the ground.

Anyone else see anything explosive from any of our other backs?

Helu didn't play well at all. He fumbled twice on just five carries, and averaged less than the true freshman Robinson. Pelini said it had nothing to do with the injury, that he was 100%. He needs to get it together or we should just start Robinson. Helu was supposed to be the best offensive player hands down this season. Aside from VT he's been pretty average.

Helu didn't play well at all. He fumbled twice on just five carries, and averaged less than the true freshman Robinson. Pelini said it had nothing to do with the injury, that he was 100%. He needs to get it together or we should just start Robinson. Helu was supposed to be the best offensive player hands down this season. Aside from VT he's been pretty average.

he is clearly not 100%. i do not care what Bo says. he has been lying the whole time when he was saying roy was ok. he obviously has a nagging injury, a shoulder no less, making it difficult to play physical and lower the boom on defenders. don't give him the start so you can replace him after 2 carries. let tre get a week with that starter mentality and let's see what the kid can do.

he is clearly not 100%. i do not care what Bo says. he has been lying the whole time when he was saying roy was ok. he obviously has a nagging injury, a shoulder no less, making it difficult to play physical and lower the boom on defenders. don't give him the start so you can replace him after 2 carries. let tre get a week with that starter mentality and let's see what the kid can do.

+1

He hurt it at the end of the Mizzou game, no question.

I have had several broken clavicals and seperated shoulders. Thanks to a guy named Ron Podalak.

I think Robinson is going to be a great back. I love the way he runs, but as stated he needs to understand the kids he is playing with now are bigger, stronger and more aggressive than he has played with.

I think we should set Helu. Shoulder seperations hurt like hell. He has been a real man about playing, but in his valor he is hurting the team.

Tre did very well with the plays we called for him...I'm sure he has learned his lesson about gang-tackling in D1 college football. PPL WILL strip the ball from you. Everyone fumbles now and than, his just came at a time when EVERYONE really was putting the ball on the ground.

Robinson showed great vision and determination.

He hurt it at the end of the Mizzou game, no question.

I have had several broken clavicals and seperated shoulders. Thanks to a guy named Ron Podalak.

I think Robinson is going to be a great back. I love the way he runs, but as stated he needs to understand the kids he is playing with now are bigger, stronger and more aggressive than he has played with.

I think we should set Helu. Shoulder seperations hurt like hell. He has been a real man about playing, but in his valor he is hurting the team.

:yeah

I was really impressed with Robinson. I thought he ran really well especially with the double tight formation and a fullback lead blocker. I still think the play he fumbled should have been ruled over before the fumble as his forward progress was obviously stopped before the fumble.

Robinson showed great vision and determination.

:yeah

Don't play Helu this week, even if he is still capable of playing.

This shoulder injury is going to continue to nag at him until he gets proper rest. We can't continue to keep him in the green jersey and not let him take hits in practice. You get physical by taking hits and giving hits in practice, not by wearing a green no contact jersey all week.

Trey Robinson showed a lot of promise this week, despite the fumble. He was still our best rusher and showed a lot skill at the running position that we are missing with Helu hurt. I say give Trey the majority of the carries and then let a younger guy like Jones or Ward get some secondary carries. We need to be a power run team and limit the turnovers. And we NEED to stick with the power run game. Lee is not a threat running the football, as we have seen. The second he is about to take a hit he dives forward through defenders. The one drive we did exceptionally well with on Saturday (the one when Trey fumbled), we were running tight end set power football. It can work against an outmanned Baylor team.

We still have a lot of good players on offense. Limit the turnover bug and this will be a big game.