The only thing I'm encouraged about is............

HuskerT

Pelini voiced some displeasure with the actions of offensive guard Keith Williams, who was all over Dontrayevous Robinson after the freshman I-back fumbled in the third quarter against ISU.

Williams needed to be pulled away by offensive tackle Marcel Jones.

“It's been addressed,'' Pelini said. “If you do something like that, you got to do it in the right way. No one felt worse about that fumble than Dontrayevous, who's playing hard and he didn't want to fumble. Anybody that does it, you've got to make sure you look in the mirror, too.''

It's obvious the offense needs leaders, but it's also obvious Pelini doesn't want players to get in the face of one another when mistakes are made. Does Pelini want the silent-type of leaders whom lead by example rather than bravado?

Reading Pelini's reaction to Williams' actions surprised me. Now, I AM NOT disagreeing with Pelini in any way or suggesting that players ought to get on one another like that. But would it be good for this offense to have players that hold one another accountable for silly mistakes, players that encourage one another to step it up to the next level? You'd assume the answer is yes - so my questions are twofold: 1) who should these offensive leaders be; and 2) what type of leader does Pelini really want?

GO BIG RED :clap

I have no problem with teammates getting in each others face and holding each other accountable as long as they do it man to man like Williams did. I respect it more than if they did it behind each others back or in the media. Anyone who's played before knows that these things happen because emotions are so high. I don't think it's a big deal as long as you can back it up on the field.

I think it was a B.S. move by Williams and his a$$ would've been benched for the rest of the game if I was the O-line coach. It's not his place to get in a teammates face and run his chops and all it does is divide a team. The O-line has no room to get in anyone's face, they've been the base of all the problems on offense IMO.

Outside of some very stupid/costly penalties and the meh RT-position where we really miss Burkes I think the o-line takes too much crap. They get little help. D's don't respect our vertical passing-game and stack-up to stop the run and dink-passes, but we don't stick with the TE-heavy sets that have worked well and give the line a hand against all the guys in the box. Plus Zach doesn't buy time in the pocket or tuck-and-run like he should.

I agree. Let's put the offensive line in a spot to succeed instead of being so one dimensional and predictable and see if their play improves.

I think it was a B.S. move by Williams and his a$$ would've been benched for the rest of the game if I was the O-line coach. It's not his place to get in a teammates face and run his chops and all it does is divide a team. The O-line has no room to get in anyone's face, they've been the base of all the problems on offense IMO.

Off topic, but was just going to say that I like the new avatar sig. Bob Sanders is nasty on the field.

god we only hope that from now on when he runs the ball he is not thinking about that o line getting mad at him.. if he is thinking about fumbling then he wont run as hard.. he fumbled once. hopefully its not a problem for him we will soon find out. he is a very good football player and i hope his confidence was not hurt from this.. he will run all over baylor!!! 150+ yards!!!!

Off topic, but was just going to say that I like the new avatar sig. Bob Sanders is nasty on the field.

Thanks and yes he is, anyone who gets the nickname the eraser on the football field has punished some people. :clap

Thanks and yes he is, anyone who gets the nickname the eraser on the football field has punished some people.

I stole Sanders late in an IDP draft in 2007. I think he was coming off an injury... something like that. Took him with like three or four rounds to go? Started him pretty much all season. Good player, but gets dinged up a lot.