The only thing I'm encouraged about is............

HuskerT

I think it was a B.S. move by Williams and his a$$ would've been benched for the rest of the game if I was the O-line coach. It's not his place to get in a teammates face and run his chops and all it does is divide a team. The O-line has no room to get in anyone's face, they've been the base of all the problems on offense IMO.

For once somebody around here agrees with me!! That dude should have been benched for that BS. And who do you suppose gave him the idea to scream and yell and cuss at everything? Bo Pelini that's who! Bo loses his cool during a game sometimes and now his players are too !!!!

I think it was a B.S. move by Williams and his a$$ would've been benched for the rest of the game if I was the O-line coach. It's not his place to get in a teammates face and run his chops and all it does is divide a team. The O-line has no room to get in anyone's face, they've been the base of all the problems on offense IMO.

For once somebody around here agrees with me!! That dude should have been benched for that BS. And who do you suppose gave him the idea to scream and yell and cuss at everything? Bo Pelini that's who! Bo loses his cool during a game sometimes and now his players are too !!!!

Just because a coach is fiery and up beat during a football game does not mean it gives his players a right to be, nor does it mean they are going to get in somebodies face because he gets in their's.

Williams said what he said because he was frustrated and needed to take his anger out on somebody. You don't see other players causing trouble like that with others, so I don't really think you can say this is Bo's fault because of one player doing one stupid thing.

Williams had no right to do it. His job his to hit somebody in the chest and drive them out of the way, not get in another player's face. The kid is 18 in his first D1 football game where he actually ran the ball. The O-line has played like trash themselves at times this season, so he had no room to talk.

I thought he was yelling at Trey for showboating after his previous runs and then fumbling, not just that he fumbled. I'm not saying he was right to show up a freshman but I can see why he was frustrated with the kid for trying to be more than one part of eleven. I don't think a benching was warranted in this case, as long as it was addressed after the game. And by 'it' I mean both the showboating and the yelling.

I didn't see Williams get in Lee's face for throwing two INTs or Helu's for two fumbled balls, but he jumps all over Tray who was trying to get extra yards and was held up while the other guys ripped the ball out...? That "in the face" routine is for the coaches to do.

Those other guys weren't showboating. There is the difference.

enlighten me on the 'showboating', I missed that.

I never said anything about Bo................... :facepalm:

I'm a little torn now, you have a really good argument. I definitely wouldn't have benched him like you're suggesting, but I wouldn't have slammed Williams in the media either. Bo should have handled it privately because players are usually an extension of their coach and that might be what were seeing here. Bo shouldn't act the way he acts and then slam a player for doing the same thing.

I didn't see Williams get in Lee's face for throwing two INTs or Helu's for two fumbled balls, but he jumps all over Tray who was trying to get extra yards and was held up while the other guys ripped the ball out...? That "in the face" routine is for the coaches to do.

Robinson was pounding his chest after his runs, acting like he was carrying the load for the team.

What I didn't like about what Williams did is that he got in Robinson's face on the field. I don't know that Robinson really deserved it anyway, but certainly it should've waited until the sidelines, not out on the field for everyone to see. It showed Iowa State that we were falling apart and turning on each other, and it singled out Robinson in front of the fans and TV crowd.

Robinson was pounding his chest after his runs, acting like he was carrying the load for the team.

I still don't see how that would justify telling him off after the fumble, even though I didn't see Tray doing the chest-thumping. I guess I'd have to go back and look at the game again. But 15 carries and the only TD -by a true freshman- If he shouldn't be "showboating" then Coach will tell him to quit. Maybe he was trying to energize the team. It's not Williams' place to teach him humility, or is it? I'm sure Bo told him himself not to fumble the ball anymore.

Nice pic. It was a bigger issue with the fans than the players. I sure like what I've seen out of Trey and he was definately holding on to the ball with both hands against Baylor. It would be nice to see this injury bug with the running backs end. I'm afraid that Helu is just injury prone but stuff happening to every good back we have is really hurting the offense more than we would like to admit. I have to admit that watching Helu, Burkhead and Robinson is a treat when they get a crease.