The only thing I'm encouraged about is............

HuskerT

Did anyone see Keith Williams get in Trey Robinson's face after his fumble? I did and it didn't look like he was giving him words of encouragement either. It also looked like one of the other lineman had to pull him away. I love to see that fire from an O-lineman. I thought the O-line played really well on saturday and it was actually nice to see them actually voice their frustrations. It was nice to see any kind of fire from a member of the offense!

Keith had no business doing this. I understand that he was frustrated, but that gives him no right to get in Tray's face...especially since the Oline has been dreadful this year.

:boxosoap

Bo addressed this one today

After Robinson fumbled against Iowa State, offensive lineman Keith Williams was seen confronting Robinson. Pelini said that situation has been addressed.

"You have to do things in the right way at the right time," Pelini said. "You don't point the finger, you point the thumb. It's been addressed. Nobody felt worse about that fumble than Dontrayevous. You have to look in the mirror and make sure you're playing perfect to do that. There is a time and place for that."

I dont know exactly was said, but may be he was trying to fire robinson up. It didnt look like he was demeaning him.

If he wasn't demeaning him, then why would Bo have addressed it and called him out to the media? He was encouraging him so entusiastically that he had to be pulled away? :facepalm:

:wtf

Ah hell man i dont know i didnt see it on tv.

You didn't watch the game, or you didn't see the play?

I dont know exactly was said, but may be he was trying to fire robinson up. It didnt look like he was demeaning him.

After Robinson fumbled against Iowa State, offensive lineman Keith Williams was seen confronting Robinson. Pelini said that situation has been addressed.

"You have to do things in the right way at the right time," Pelini said. "You don't point the finger, you point the thumb. It's been addressed. Nobody felt worse about that fumble than Dontrayevous. You have to look in the mirror and make sure you're playing perfect to do that. There is a time and place for that."

If he wasn't demeaning him, then why would Bo have addressed it and called him out to the media? He was encouraging him so entusiastically that he had to be pulled away? :facepalm:

Yeah, judging from Williams body language it definitely didn't look like he was saying don't worry about it

hang in there kid.

Did anyone see Eric Williams get in Trey Robinson's face after his fumble? I did and it didn't look like he was giving him words of encouragement either. It also looked like one of the other lineman had to pull him away. I love to see that fire from an O-lineman. I thought the O-line played really well on saturday and it was actually nice to see them actually voice their frustrations. It was nice to see any kind of fire from a member of the offense!

I didn't care for Williams words. The offensive lines sucks and has no reason to get in anyone's face.

I would think that if my sole job on the team was to block someone, so that my teammate can run the ball, but all he is doing is fumbling, I'd be pretty pissed off too.

It would be very hard to be one of the few huskers that played decent, and watch everyone else around you suck, and end up losing at home...

On the flip side, how many times do you see a running back get into the grill of an offensive lineman when they don't block anyone and the play gets stuffed? I'll tell you what's frustrating. Getting hit by a defender as the running back is getting the ball from the QB. Did anyone notice him getting in Helu's grill?

Did anyone see Eric Williams get in Trey Robinson's face after his fumble? I did and it didn't look like he was giving him words of encouragement either. It also looked like one of the other lineman had to pull him away. I love to see that fire from an O-lineman. I thought the O-line played really well on saturday and it was actually nice to see them actually voice their frustrations. It was nice to see any kind of fire from a member of the offense!

I didn't care for Williams words. The offensive lines sucks and has no reason to get in anyone's face.

I would think that if my sole job on the team was to block someone, so that my teammate can run the ball, but all he is doing is fumbling, I'd be pretty pissed off too.

It would be very hard to be one of the few huskers that played decent, and watch everyone else around you suck, and end up losing at home...

On the flip side, how many times do you see a running back get into the grill of an offensive lineman when they don't block anyone and the play gets stuffed? I'll tell you what's frustrating. Getting hit by a defender as the running back is getting the ball from the QB. Did anyone notice him getting in Helu's grill?

That's the only problem I had with it, I'd respect his actions a lot more if he would have had the balls to get in Helu's face rather than just pick on a true freshman.

Also, if he wasn't demeaning him, then why did another player have to "pull" him out of Robinson's face. I feel he was giving him some words, not of the encouraging kind.

Bah I should look at what is posted before I type.

I noticed it and thought it was out of line. You have a true freshman who has been on the scout team up until last week trying his hardest to get extra yards or a td and gets the ball ripped out. Basically Robinson may have been about the only good thing we saw all day on the offensive side of the ball. Did Williams get in anyone else's face after a turnover? He would have had plenty of chances. Maybe the next penalty he gets someone needs to get in his face. I didn't see it as fire but rather frustration.

:yeah

Did anyone see Keith Williams get in Trey Robinson's face after his fumble? I did and it didn't look like he was giving him words of encouragement either. It also looked like one of the other lineman had to pull him away. I love to see that fire from an O-lineman. I thought the O-line played really well on saturday and it was actually nice to see them actually voice their frustrations. It was nice to see any kind of fire from a member of the offense!

Yelling and cussing at your teammates only causes problems. How can you play the game if your pissed off at your own guys instead of the other team? There is no call for that BS and if I were BO I would bench the dude for cussing at his own teammate.

Outside of some very stupid/costly penalties and the meh RT-position where we really miss Burkes I think the o-line takes too much crap. They get little help. D's don't respect our vertical passing-game and stack-up to stop the run and dink-passes, but we don't stick with the TE-heavy sets that have worked well and give the line a hand against all the guys in the box. Plus Zach doesn't buy time in the pocket or tuck-and-run like he should.

Rather than being encouraged by the "Fire", I think it is another indication this team is near total panic and meltdown if they don't get the ship righted very quickly. Many won't like this but I think this is where TO would have this team competing much better. Now we don't have the athletes and the skill players across the board to compete at the high level that we thought we could just weeks ago.

But I don't think Bo has the temperment that helps a team deal with adversity like TO and some other coaches. Screaming and yelling at each other perhaps reflects the "fire" Bo brings to the team when things go badly. I am concerned of a total meltdown with a total loss of team unity and confidence in the coaching staff by the players. This could make for an ugly rest of the season with a team defeated before the game begins.

I hope I am wrong and our team comes out with more discipline and focus.

Rather than being encouraged by the "Fire", I think it is another indication this team is near total panic and meltdown if they don't get the ship righted very quickly. Many won't like this but I think this is where TO would have this team competing much better. Now we don't have the athletes and the skill players across the board to compete at the high level that we thought we could just weeks ago.

But I don't think Bo has the temperment that helps a team deal with adversity like TO and some other coaches. Screaming and yelling at each other perhaps reflects the "fire" Bo brings to the team when things go badly. I am concerned of a total meltdown with a total loss of team unity and confidence in the coaching staff by the players. This could make for an ugly rest of the season with a team defeated before the game begins.

My thought exactly

They seem to be in a state of chaos. I agree about Bo, too. His fire is great in some situations, but this is not one of them. I hope he adjusts himself before things really get out of control.

My thought exactly

They seem to be in a state of chaos. I agree about Bo, too. His fire is great in some situations, but this is not one of them. I hope he adjusts himself before things really get out of control.

No, they don't seem to be in a state of chaos....Maybe you think there's chaos within the program in your head, because you're the type that panics at a loss, so if you're panicing, the whole program is panicing.

But that's not true. This program is fine, the team unity is fine, and they haven't shown anything to prove otherwise. What, just because an olineman gets in a running back's face after a fumble means the wheels are falling off? I'm sorry, but now.

Football is a game of emotions, there is going to be some yelling and screaming. I've watched many games where players of the same team get in each other's faces...doesn't mean crap. If you watch practices, you'd see that crap all the time.

So yes, you are wrong.

My thought exactly

No, they don't seem to be in a state of chaos....Maybe you think there's chaos within the program in your head, because you're the type that panics at a loss, so if you're panicing, the whole program is panicing.

But that's not true. This program is fine, the team unity is fine, and they haven't shown anything to prove otherwise. What, just because an olineman gets in a running back's face after a fumble means the wheels are falling off? I'm sorry, but now.

Football is a game of emotions, there is going to be some yelling and screaming. I've watched many games where players of the same team get in each other's faces...doesn't mean crap. If you watch practices, you'd see that crap all the time.

So yes, you are wrong.

When I was in school I remember our Qb and RB Blooding each others noses after a practice. They were great friends after that. Just like any family squabbles are going to happen it's all a part of becoming a team. I agree no need to worry.

My thought exactly

So yes, you are wrong.

Someone from your own team gets in your face, its showing you your not doing right. I for one would like a teammate to "pump up" a player for once other then a coach. He is a freshman so this is somthing he can learn from.