Solution for fumbling??

cb1954

In the book Nebraska Football by James Sherman, there are a couple paragraphs talking about a game vs Iowa, played in Lincoln, in the 1930s. The temperature that day was going to be below zero and the coaches and team went to downtown Lincoln to buy what warm clothes they could for the game, including gloves and mittens. The players soon saw they were going to have a hard time handling the ball so they used tacks with the gloves to improve their grip. It worked so well they when an Iowa player threw a pass and a Nebraska player put up his hand to block it, the ball stuck to his hand.

That might take care of the fumbling, Then all NU needs to do is do something about the penalties, execution and play calling. I am old enough to remember the 1967 season when NU had a great defense but was lacking on offense. The Huskers finished 6-4, with all of the losses being fairly close. The way things are going now we will be lucky to get 6 wins, even with a 12 game regular season.

In the book Nebraska Football by James Sherman, there are a couple paragraphs talking about a game vs Iowa, played in Lincoln, in the 1930s. The temperature that day was going to be below zero and the coaches and team went to downtown Lincoln to buy what warm clothes they could for the game, including gloves and mittens. The players soon saw they were going to have a hard time handling the ball so they used tacks with the gloves to improve their grip. It worked so well they when an Iowa player threw a pass and a Nebraska player put up his hand to block it, the ball stuck to his hand.

That might take care of the fumbling, Then all NU needs to do is do something about the penalties, execution and play calling. I am old enough to remember the 1967 season when NU had a great defense but was lacking on offense. The Huskers finished 6-4, with all of the losses being fairly close. The way things are going now we will be lucky to get 6 wins, even with a 12 game regular season.

Penalties weren't as bad this past week as they have been.

I was thinking Bo should implement an idea from the scene in "The Program" where Darnell Jefferson has to walk around campus with the football and if anyone other than him brings it back to coach there will be hell to pay. Except to add a twist to this, i think Bo should make all of the offensive skill position guys carry a ball around campus and not limit it to the defense to try and get those balls back but send out an all campus APB that if any student brings that ball back they have a starting position.

I was thinking Bo should implement an idea from the scene in "The Program" where Darnell Jefferson has to walk around campus with the football and if anyone other than him brings it back to coach there will be hell to pay. Except to add a twist to this, i think Bo should make all of the offensive skill position guys carry a ball around campus and not limit it to the defense to try and get those balls back but send out an all campus APB that if any student brings that ball back they have a starting position.

While he's at it, he should start Latimer this weekend, even if he does do sterioids.

Actually, Bo DID[/] implement this in Fall camp...guess it doesn't work in real life.

Pretty sure that was already done this offseason

Pretty sure that was already done this offseason

They already did this and there was a big write up about it showcasing Rex as being such a good hands guy yadda yadda. It is too bad that Rex has been hurt, because we really needed the good hands guy.

Are you in my sports history class? Because we discussed this today in class....

the class at UNL? i was looking into taking that next semester. how is it? what are the tests like? any papers to write, or just tests? my major is difficult, so i am desperate for an easy elective.

Yes the class is at UNL. It's a new professor teaching it this semester names Stempson. He's a really young guy, really nice, and really easy. If you can get past the fact that he's a Yankees fan, hes a really cool guy.

Here are the pros and cons...

(-)Attendance is taken every day

(-)Talk alot about baseball (i hate baseball)

(+)only 3 tests, no quizzes or papers

(+)watched some cool college football videos, and nebraska history videos.

(+)talk about current sport news in the first 10-15 minutes of class.

(+)tests are fairy easy, he gives you a study guide and if you know everything on the study guide you will do fine. I haven't paid a lick of attention in class, havn't read any of the assigned readings, and got an 89 ono the first test.

I would recommend it.

Are you in my sports history class? Because we discussed this today in class....

the class at UNL? i was looking into taking that next semester. how is it? what are the tests like? any papers to write, or just tests? my major is difficult, so i am desperate for an easy elective.

Yes the class is at UNL. It's a new professor teaching it this semester names Stempson. He's a really young guy, really nice, and really easy. If you can get past the fact that he's a Yankees fan, hes a really cool guy.

(+)tests are fairy easy, he gives you a study guide and if you know everything on the study guide you will do fine. I haven't paid a lick of attention in class, havn't read any of the assigned readings, and got an 89 ono the first test.

I would recommend it.

I would recommend it.

You're taking a great class like spots history and you don't even pay attention or read? What a waste of your time and your, the school's or whatever scholarship's money.

I would recommend it.

You're taking a great class like spots history and you don't even pay attention or read? What a waste of your time and your, the school's or whatever scholarship's money.

:yeah Really, an 89 in this class sounds like a B in "Fit For Life: Walking" class or something.