WR this weekend

link? i hope brooks sees the field. IMO, he's our best WR.

so its cooper and........

Brooks info at the end of this link.

http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2009/1...64039726081.txt

Injury report: Defensive end Pierre Allen returned to the field after sitting out Monday (knee). Wide receiver Chris Brooks (back) was also on the field, but had a no-contact jersey on.

Cooper info here

http://my.journalstar.com/post/Husker_Extr...s_his_move.html

It is really nice to see some young guys earning playing time. Of course, with the way those WRs looked last week, I'd bet all the back-ups were standing on the sidelines salivating.

I hate to say it but, I don't think it's that the younger guys have earned it as much as it is the guys ahead of them haven't done enough to keep it.

:yeah

Quotes from http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2009/1...53054151163.txt

Yes, Khiry Cooper will start at the “X” receiver position, a spot senior Menelik Holt has held.

Not the freshman skill player you were thinking of?

Well, hang on. Watson won’t rule out other changes.

“We’re looking at everybody,” he said. “We did it last week. We’ll do it again this week.”

Maybe somebody will provide a spark.

“You give younger players some opportunities,” Watson said. “Take a good, hard look at younger players and see if they can bring their game to more detail and play for us.”

Watson said redshirted freshmen receivers Steven Osborne and Tim Marlowe are also getting more practice snaps with the No. 1 offense. He’s impressed with what true freshman Dontrayevous Robinson did in his first game at running back — 15 carries, 77 yards.

Oh, and what about Cody Green? Well, the conventional thought from Falls City to Chadron is that the true freshman quarterback can be a spark, too. And maybe he can. But coach Bo Pelini warns that one person alone can’t give all the spark.

Green said coaches aren’t designing specific plays or packages for him, although he’s been getting excited after seeing more of the zone read.

“I just sit and itch because that’s what I’ve been brought up to do, all through high school,” Green said. “That’s why I’m really here. That’s why I had close to 2,000 yards rushing and 3,000 yards passing, because we just threw bubbles and stuff off that play. We’re really starting to turn to that and it’s really starting to drive me crazy because I want to get in there and run it and just show people what I can do.”

dedhoarsededhoarsededhoarse