WR this weekend

I still say run the ball more to open up the pass then they just stick in the guy with the best hands to catch a deep ball.

Run, run, run, play action to one of our 5 TE's all with better hands than any receiver we have.

It worked in 03 (when Lord could hit the open man) and our rushing attack wasn't world class. It seems like Zac can throw a good deep ball.

I had high hopes for a receiver corps this year, but they have disappointed. To many dropped passes and failure to get open. Young guys or old guys, I just want someone to step up to the plate and get it done. Another observation, dropped balls are on both O and D....how many of our guys dropped sure INTs?

I had high hopes for a receiver corps this year, but they have disappointed. To many dropped passes and failure to get open. Young guys or old guys, I just want someone to step up to the plate and get it done. Another observation, dropped balls are on both O and D....how many of our guys dropped sure INTs?

The INT drops are a good point, but those guys are typically on defense for a reason. It's more critical, to me, that our WRs drop passes than our DBs drop INTs.

Brooks is unfortunately not making the trip.

Expect to see Paul, Kinnie, Cooper and possibly Marlowe getting lots of snaps early in the game at WR.

Actually a 3 wide set with Paul, Kinnie and Cooper could be pretty solid, then use Robinson between the tackles a bit more and you know who at QB.

Almost sounds...sparky

I think this is what you'll see. Should have happened last week, in fact. Time to start getting more athleticism and playmaking ability on the field. Time to start building for the future. The "experienced" players haven't done the job, so you might as well get some more 'spark' on the field, even if it is young.

This game could be the beginning of the future for Husker football.