Bring back Gill!!!!!

tmfr15

Why demote BO to co-head coach? Well, let's see if he handles the whole job first. He is NOT working with the offense. BO is a great defensive coordinator. At this point, he has no track record as a head coach.

If BO has done something to lead this entire team and not just the defense, I want someone to tell me what that may be. I love what BO is doing with the D, but we have to get a whole team going here, not just one side of the ball.

Watson is working the offense with little or no help from BO. You could say that BO has the same relationship with Wats that Osborne has with BO....slight oversight only. If BO can't take charge of the offense, then someone needs to.....that would be TURNER. And I know that BO does a good job with the defense, but, for the love of PETE, if he doesn't want to fix what is wrong with the offense, and he wants to stand in the way of progress out of being prideful, then WE WANT TURNER as the head coach.

TURNER is a humble guy who would put the health of the entire program over anything else.

I am rooting for BO, and certainly this thing is not over. But, let's face it, if the season ends, and BO does nothing to address what is a major problem on the offensive side, well, he's lost his credability at that point. I don't understand how we can look at what BO has been able to do in the span of two years and argue that Watson needs more time to fix the offense. He has been here longer than two years and should have a definite grasp of our team and what we need to focus on to be successful.

Rant off

:boxosoap

Why demote BO to co-head coach? Well, let's see if he handles the whole job first. He is NOT working with the offense. BO is a great defensive coordinator. At this point, he has no track record as a head coach.

If BO has done something to lead this entire team and not just the defense, I want someone to tell me what that may be. I love what BO is doing with the D, but we have to get a whole team going here, not just one side of the ball.

Watson is working the offense with little or no help from BO. You could say that BO has the same relationship with Wats that Osborne has with BO....slight oversight only. If BO can't take charge of the offense, then someone needs to.....that would be TURNER. And I know that BO does a good job with the defense, but, for the love of PETE, if he doesn't want to fix what is wrong with the offense, and he wants to stand in the way of progress out of being prideful, then WE WANT TURNER as the head coach.

TURNER is a humble guy who would put the health of the entire program over anything else.

I am rooting for BO, and certainly this thing is not over. But, let's face it, if the season ends, and BO does nothing to address what is a major problem on the offensive side, well, he's lost his credability at that point. I don't understand how we can look at what BO has been able to do in the span of two years and argue that Watson needs more time to fix the offense. He has been here longer than two years and should have a definite grasp of our team and what we need to focus on to be successful.

Rant off

The o was veryh good last year let's not forget we lost our best returning qb in witt (most natural talent even if he is an ass) and a very good rb in castile so a lot of talent that he was planing on being here was not.

And it is not uncommon for a head coach to deligate the responibilites to the cordinators

:facepalm:

OMG people Turner Gill will never come back to be the OC nor would Mike Richt because both these coaches would ever lower themselves to become OC when they've been a Head Coach for 3+ years.

If there is any OC changes I could see Joey Ganz as taking over in that department or hiring another OC from another school.

What qualifies Joey Ganz as a possible Offensive Coordinator? Because he was a decent QB and knew the offense? That's not enough to be an Offensive Coordinator.

:facepalm:

OMG people Turner Gill will never come back to be the OC nor would Mike Richt because both these coaches would ever lower themselves to become OC when they've been a Head Coach for 3+ years.

If there is any OC changes I could see Joey Ganz as taking over in that department or hiring another OC from another school.

Double post

Some of you guys really crack me up, saying that Gill should come back as OC, and implying this would make a huge difference.

Loyalty? How about loyalty to fellow current or potential black head coaches? I've never heard him say anything about it, but with so few black HCs, that's just one more reason to stay as a HC.

How about loyalty to his career? HC->OC voluntarily is a dead end, except for eventually taking over NU, but you don't do that by joining the staff of someone younger than you.

And what exactly is he going to do here? Do you think he'd bring back the power option? That's not what he's doing at Buffalo, is he? Stats show they pass almost as much as they run, and for a lot more yardage. I saw them a couple times last year, and it looked like a pretty diverse offense.

And Mark Richt, that's another rich one. There are definitely some failed HCs like Greg Robinson, Carl Torbush, and others who didn't last long as HC and probably weren't going to get another job. Someone high profile and mostly successful like Richt would probably do more like Frank Solich, and wait for a lesser profile job. And he probably wouldn't have to dip too low. Who is the highest profile coach you can name that came back as an assistant? Mike O'Cain (NC State, now Alabama OC, I think)? Chuck Amato? He flamed out at NC State. Richt is something like 86-25. If he gets axed, his phone is ringing off the hook.

Don't get me wrong, Gill is probably my all-time favorite Husker, and I preferred him over Pelini two years ago, but I'm realistic now. The only ways Gill comes back are if he's fired at Buffalo and comes back as an asst coach, or if Pelini leaves or gets fired. I don't see any of those coming any time soon.

Some of you guys really crack me up, saying that Gill should come back as OC, and implying this would make a huge difference.

Loyalty? How about loyalty to fellow current or potential black head coaches? I've never heard him say anything about it, but with so few black HCs, that's just one more reason to stay as a HC.

How about loyalty to his career? HC->OC voluntarily is a dead end, except for eventually taking over NU, but you don't do that by joining the staff of someone younger than you.

And what exactly is he going to do here? Do you think he'd bring back the power option? That's not what he's doing at Buffalo, is he? Stats show they pass almost as much as they run, and for a lot more yardage. I saw them a couple times last year, and it looked like a pretty diverse offense.

And Mark Richt, that's another rich one. There are definitely some failed HCs like Greg Robinson, Carl Torbush, and others who didn't last long as HC and probably weren't going to get another job. Someone high profile and mostly successful like Richt would probably do more like Frank Solich, and wait for a lesser profile job. And he probably wouldn't have to dip too low. Who is the highest profile coach you can name that came back as an assistant? Mike O'Cain (NC State, now Alabama OC, I think)? Chuck Amato? He flamed out at NC State. Richt is something like 86-25. If he gets axed, his phone is ringing off the hook.

Don't get me wrong, Gill is probably my all-time favorite Husker, and I preferred him over Pelini two years ago, but I'm realistic now. The only ways Gill comes back are if he's fired at Buffalo and comes back as an asst coach, or if Pelini leaves or gets fired. I don't see any of those coming any time soon.

What does this even mean? Since Gill's black, he has to remain a head coach as long as possible to appease other black coaches/potential black coaches? So if a white head coach at a lower-tier school takes an asst. position at a higher tier school, he is not being loyal to his "fellow current or potential white head coaches"? Man, way to start a race debate... :thumbs:sarcasm

Rant off

The o was veryh good last year let's not forget we lost our best returning qb in witt (most natural talent even if he is an ass) and a very good rb in castile so a lot of talent that he was planing on being here was not.

And it is not uncommon for a head coach to deligate the responibilites to the cordinators

Thats debateable remind me what was the score of the Missou, Oklahoma games last year?

Yes, people do lower themselves and take coordinator job or even position jobs. (just look at the NFL Callahan is a offensive line coach after being a headcoach though it was the Raiders) Gill and Richt are not in trouble that they would have to settle for anything less right now but given enough time and bad luck it could happen. (not the Nebraska OC but a demotion of sorts)

What the hell? Why bring in the man's skin color. He doesn't care that he's black. I don't care that he's black. Why do you?