a W is not a W

Husker66

Not to insult you OP, but a W is a W, no matter how you slice it. It goes in the win column, does it not?

I understand what you are saying, that it was a lack luster offensive performance in the second half and parts of the first. However, Helu is hurt, Trey is a true freshman in his first game, CG started his first game, we played a lot of young receivers today, and we still have quite a few guys on the line not buying into their role.

Not to insult you OP, but a W is a W, no matter how you slice it. It goes in the win column, does it not?

I understand what you are saying, that it was a lack luster offensive performance in the second half and parts of the first. However, Helu is hurt, Trey is a true freshman in his first game, CG started his first game, we played a lot of young receivers today, and we still have quite a few guys on the line not buying into their role.

a W is a W.

ugly or not.

BTW-- injuries are hurting EVERY team at this point in the season.... even Baylor.

Lester Ward played a big chunk of the second half, a guy who was essentially 6th on our preseason depth chart. Still, Watson hasn't shown an ability to play to their strengths. With a mediocre O line and a mobile QB, you have to utilize play action and the TEs (the best players on our offense). You also have to take shots downfield in single coverage. Watson seems lost when the talent doesn't play to his book. Last year, we had a well rounded offense with a very good QB and extremely reliable receivers. Plus a good one-two punch at RB and a decent offensive line. This year we have great TE and a young but mobile QB, unreliable WRs and a shoddy line. Obviously not a lot to work with but you have to do your best and not do the whole square peg in round hole thing. Watson doesn't seem very flexible and it's making our offense look even worse that it really is. He needs to ditch the short sideline passes because we don't have the talent to make the rewards equal the risk.

A good win would have been more convincing say 40-10. If we are getting better, we would have won by a lot more. we were a dropped wide open pass and a poor kick away from taking us to overtime. With that offensive output , I do not see another W on the schedule Do you honestly think we will put 30 on OU like KSU did? I get the "ill take a W over an L anyday" thing. but that will not get us wins at against KSU, Colorado, and certainly not OU.

IF KSU can coach up a bunch of D2 kids with a 7X year old coach, can we do something with the guys we have? I think this is a very hollow "W" that will ultimately not mean much. Jeeze we are talking about a win over baylor.....

A good win would have been more convincing say 40-10. If we are getting better, we would have won by a lot more. we were a dropped wide open pass and a poor kick away from taking us to overtime. With that offensive output , I do not see another W on the schedule Do you honestly think we will put 30 on OU like KSU did? I get the "ill take a W over an L anyday" thing. but that will not get us wins at against KSU, Colorado, and certainly not OU.

IF KSU can coach up a bunch of D2 kids with a 7X year old coach, can we do something with the guys we have? I think this is a very hollow "W" that will ultimately not mean much. Jeeze we are talking about a win over baylor.....

Which I might add, would have been a 3 point win over Baylor had it not been for the blocked punt!

I agree with both posts... Our offense is terrible but we are missing a lot of our running game and real young on offense...

The loss of Castille is really hurting our offense now

Castille basically had one good game. He would make little to no difference in this team.

Exactly.

Yep Yep

Amazing how Castille is the answer.. :blink:

a W is a W.

ugly or not.

BTW-- injuries are hurting EVERY team at this point in the season.... even Baylor.

Exactly. I watch a lot of college football and there aren't a whole lot of teams that really impress me. Teams are really inconsistent this year. If it helps get you to a bowl game, a win is a win.

MELTDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!