We can't beat OU

There is no way we can beat OU. We might as well just not even play the game. Their players are obviously more talented and have better coaching than our players. Even Suhko cant match McCoy and everything he has done to impress the national media. I mean we are light years from Oklahoma. We are doomed. Doomed, I say. Doomed. I mean they havent really lost a game this year, have they? Arent they in the running for a national championship? I probably wont even watch the game, with all this doom and gloom predicted. If there is no chance then what is the point?

In the last couple of weeks people have been making coments about the team not trying. In honesty I have not seen that. I think they are giving it their all, that is why the booing and leaving are affecting them so adversely.

We can still win the North and I think we will, but we have to get past this game. Take some of the importance off of it some how.

Our offense is terribly depleated from the beginning of the year. Watson it appears to me does not have the faith in the QB's to make the plays he knows we need to run.

Getting well may help this team, but as fans we have to suppor this team.

If we fall behind quickly and the boos come out and the stand empty early we will have lost this team and any chance at the North.

We scream for them to do their job, we need to do ours the best it has ever been done. We have to support this team win or lose until the final whistle blows. WE have to be the fans that America calls the best.

i think its funny how everyone thinks our D is just so strong and top 10 caliber. The only impressive defensive performance of the season was via the game against TTech. Thats it folks. Dont get me wrong, our front four can hang with any of them in the nation, but after that, i dont think we are all that good. Hopefully someone eggs Pelini's house or something again so we can get some pissed off playcalling on D. When was the last time we had some good blitzing schemes as of late? thats the way to success in these games. The O will suprise us as teams tend to step up in big games once or twice or the other D has a mental laps in these games. 28 points is the magical number to win if our D is the D everyone thinks it is.

i think its funny how everyone thinks our D is just so strong and top 10 caliber. The only impressive defensive performance of the season was via the game against TTech. Thats it folks. Dont get me wrong, our front four can hang with any of them in the nation, but after that, i dont think we are all that good. Hopefully someone eggs Pelini's house or something again so we can get some pissed off playcalling on D. When was the last time we had some good blitzing schemes as of late? thats the way to success in these games. The O will suprise us as teams tend to step up in big games once or twice or the other D has a mental laps in these games. 28 points is the magical number to win if our D is the D everyone thinks it is.

When you play spread teams, blitzing is something you want to avoid. Granted you want pressure, but Nebraska is doing that with the front 4, leaving 7 in coverage.

When you can do that why in the hell would you blitz more than 1 or 2 times?

Their defensive line against our Oline.... OUch.

At the beginning of the year, it was a stretch but it was possible for us to win this game.

But we have a big weakenss at QB, no running backs, no WR that catch the ball, we do not use our TE.

And we throw that god awful pass to the sidelines that their DB's will eat up.

They will keep 8-9 in the box if we can not stretch the field, making our running game non existant.

With nothing but very short out patterns they will crowd the line as if it were a running play. Their defensive line which is till intact was rated better than ours at the beginning of the year. I think Crick has changed that, but they are very very good.

Their QB play is better, their running backs are healthy.

Could we win, sure, but I do not see it happening. It is on National/Regional TV. We can not stand another beatdown. Our recruiting will suffer even more.

This game will more than likely be the nail in the coffin for this program. Our history is now ancient, we havent played for a title in 9 years or a major bowl, we have pretty much been a doormat in the conference since then. If we take another beat down on National T.V. it really is not doing us any favors. I dont know how many nationally televised games we can get our asses handed to us before we become completely irrelevant, but I am suspecting this to be the one that does it.

When was the last time Alabama played for a title? How about Notre Dumb. Are these two programs irrelevant?

Their defensive line against our Oline.... OUch.

At the beginning of the year, it was a stretch but it was possible for us to win this game.

But we have a big weakenss at QB, no running backs, no WR that catch the ball, we do not use our TE.

And we throw that god awful pass to the sidelines that their DB's will eat up.

They will keep 8-9 in the box if we can not stretch the field, making our running game non existant.

With nothing but very short out patterns they will crowd the line as if it were a running play. Their defensive line which is till intact was rated better than ours at the beginning of the year. I think Crick has changed that, but they are very very good.

Their QB play is better, their running backs are healthy.

Could we win, sure, but I do not see it happening. It is on National/Regional TV. We can not stand another beatdown. Our recruiting will suffer even more.

This game will more than likely be the nail in the coffin for this program. Our history is now ancient, we havent played for a title in 9 years or a major bowl, we have pretty much been a doormat in the conference since then. If we take another beat down on National T.V. it really is not doing us any favors. I dont know how many nationally televised games we can get our asses handed to us before we become completely irrelevant, but I am suspecting this to be the one that does it.

When was the last time Alabama played for a title? How about Notre Dumb. Are these two programs irrelevant?

Nail in the coffin of our program? Teams rise and fall within a game. (see, Miami Hurricanes, '09) If we can get our offense and defense to compete at the same level, we will have a great season. Also, next season is scheduled well for us and we should be in a very competitive position. We are a young team. Our program is on its way back.

I think it's funny that you doubt this is a very strong top 10 defense in the country when two thirds of the way through the season they are #4 in the nation. Numbers don't lie... or do they. True points scored on the D in the big 12... Mizzou 10, TT 24, Ia St. 6, Baylor 3 which is a total of 19 points less than they get blamed for on the stats sheet. and like in the deed said, why blitz when you can get consistent pressure with the D-line?

Secondly, if 28 points is what it takes to win, then Nebraska has about a 5% chance of winning, seeing as to how we haven't scored 28 on anyone other than the sunbelt.

I think it's funny that you doubt this is a very strong top 10 defense in the country when two thirds of the way through the season they are #4 in the nation.

Numbers don't lie... or do they. True points scored on the D in the big 12... Mizzou 10, TT 24, Ia St. 6, Baylor 3 which is a total of 19 points less than they get blamed for on the stats sheet. and like in the deed said, why blitz when you can get consistent pressure with the D-line?

Maybe...

the wins have been over the sunbelt (even the offense looked good in those games!! ), mizzou and baylor, two teams with a collective 8 wins and 8 losses between them and a collective 1-7 conference record.

while the might SUH erased 4 points off the scoreboard, the top ten NU defense couldn't muster a single turnover in the isu game and couldn't stop a 7 minute fourth quarter drive when the nu offense desperately needed the ball.

maybe that rookie isu qb is actually a top b12 qb??

nah.

when you check the strength of schedule-- it provides some much needed context...

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2009/Internet/tou...9games_cumm.pdf

Nu #100 when counting those pesky FCS teams (the creampuffs).

#82 when ya don't count the FCS teams.

one thing is for sure though... SUH is a force to be reckoned with!

IMO -- the nu defense is good. not great.

a top 10 defense? -- :dunno

tomorrow we will know. #24 OU at 5-3 will test them.

GO BO!!

BEAT OU!!

People can look at statistics all they want. Sometimes games reflect them, sometimes not. This will be one of the nots. When a team plays hard, down to the very last man, they have a chance. Tomorrow Nebraska beats Oklahoma. Everything points against it, that's why it will happen. We've hit bottom and will come out fighting. OU expects to win just by showing up. They will be surprised. Earlier in the year, I predicted we'd beat somebody we weren't supposed to, that may already have taken place in Columbia, but I was thinking bigger than that. This is the game.

I hate to say this, but next weeks game may be over before it starts. This is all on the offensive coaches, they need an overhall. You may disagree, "don't give up you say." I will never abandon this team, just being realistic. What do you all think?

The Sooners will wish they never came here. Nebraska will destroy them. Should be over by the 1st quarter...

In the last couple of weeks people have been making comments about the team not trying. In honesty I have not seen that. I think they are giving it their all, that is why the booing and leaving are affecting them so adversely.

We can still win the North and I think we will, but we have to get past this game. Take some of the importance off of it some how.

Our offense is terribly depleated from the beginning of the year. Watson it appears to me does not have the faith in the QB's to make the plays he knows we need to run.

Getting well may help this team, but as fans we have to support this team.

If we fall behind quickly and the boos come out and the stand empty early we will have lost this team and any chance at the North.

We scream for them to do their job, we need to do ours the best it has ever been done. We have to support this team win or lose until the final whistle blows. WE have to be the fans that America calls the best.

'skersfan.....I find myself agreeing with you more and more!

I can't imagine a team NOT trying to play their best!

I believe they can still win the Big XII North too.

As the best fans in college football....we need to support this team....no matter what!

We CANNOT boo this team.....no matter what! That makes my stomach upset just to think about!

WE ARE THE BEST FANS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL.......LET'S SUPPORT OUR HUSKERS!!

In the last couple of weeks people have been making comments about the team not trying. In honesty I have not seen that. I think they are giving it their all, that is why the booing and leaving are affecting them so adversely.

Getting well may help this team, but as fans we have to support this team.

'skersfan.....I find myself agreeing with you more and more!

I can't imagine a team NOT trying to play their best!

I believe they can still win the Big XII North too.

As the best fans in college football....we need to support this team....no matter what!

We CANNOT boo this team.....no matter what! That makes my stomach upset just to think about!

WE ARE THE BEST FANS IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL.......LET'S SUPPORT OUR HUSKERS!!

I'm always really disappointed when I hear booing. It is not like the players and coached do not want to win, the effort is there, just not the skill, yet. Very few instances would justify booing. One instance that comes to mind would be, I don't know, a player trying to gouge out another player's eyes? That's the classless behavior that deserves booing. So does half game suspensions, that is as classless as a Marxist society.