The much needed "SPARK"

Travis9

I have read a few posts here that say we got that spark with 20 first half points. LMAO no we didn't. we got a spark from Martin and the other 13 points should be credited to the D for great field position.

I have read where the D keyed on Green and that is why the zone read wasn't effective. LMAO no they didn't. He is a frosh they weren't keying on him. Our LINe is Bad but he didn't improve the zone read

I have read where Cody was an improvement. LMAO. no he wasn't. He did one thing Zac hadn't done and that is rush for a first down (2 to be exact) He also did 3 things Zac hadn't done also, Threw a pick 6, Lost a fumble, and threw 2 passes that bounced 10 yards short of their target.

I hope everyone now realizes that Zac was not the major part of the problem and if his confidence was shaken it was probably for good reason as the line can't block, the WR aren't that good, and every rb we have is hurt.

OU is going to kill us with Green at QB. Do you really think the OU defense is scared of a QB who could maybe gain 50 yards on the ground but can't throw it, or do you think that they may worry about us to some degree if we have someone that can pass a little.

When you pile on the blame of a struggling offense squarely on the back of your QB, then make a switch to a frosh qB who is not ready to play, the backup HAD BETTER PLAY BETTER THAN THE GUY HE REPLACED.

He clearly did not, in fact for my money he made our offense worse because any resemblance of a passing game we had is gone and our running game didn't improve.

The one thing that gets me is how Zac Lee was crucified by people for the things that happen yet now those same people are giving a pass to Green for the same mistakes and giving a pass for worse mistakes than Zac ever made.

Oh

my

Lord...

This can't be serious.

I had a nice long multiple paragraph retort to give you, but deleted it because it was about to reach the boards character limit <_< .

Give the kid a chance. We gave Lee 7 chances to win us games this year. He failed poorly 3 times, beat 3 teams he was supposed to beat, and had 3 passes go his way against Missouri. THREE.

We know a lot about what Lee can give us, and we know only a little about what Green can do for us. Regardless of who is quarterback this Saturday, we will still probably lose because our offensive line isn't gelling, the playbook is as big as the bible, and our key position players are dinged up. Lee is gone after next year anyways. No use riding him dry if he is going to be mediocre. Give the kid who played in the best division in Texas high school football a chance to flex his muscle, not the kid from California who didn't get any D1 offers for football out of high school.

I have read a few posts here that say we got that spark with 20 first half points. LMAO no we didn't. we got a spark from Martin and the other 13 points should be credited to the D for great field position.

I have read where the D keyed on Green and that is why the zone read wasn't effective. LMAO no they didn't. He is a frosh they weren't keying on him. Our LINe is Bad but he didn't improve the zone read

I have read where Cody was an improvement. LMAO. no he wasn't. He did one thing Zac hadn't done and that is rush for a first down (2 to be exact) He also did 3 things Zac hadn't done also, Threw a pick 6, Lost a fumble, and threw 2 passes that bounced 10 yards short of their target.

I hope everyone now realizes that Zac was not the major part of the problem and if his confidence was shaken it was probably for good reason as the line can't block, the WR aren't that good, and every rb we have is hurt.

OU is going to kill us with Green at QB. Do you really think the OU defense is scared of a QB who could maybe gain 50 yards on the ground but can't throw it, or do you think that they may worry about us to some degree if we have someone that can pass a little.

When you pile on the blame of a struggling offense squarely on the back of your QB, then make a switch to a frosh qB who is not ready to play, the backup HAD BETTER PLAY BETTER THAN THE GUY HE REPLACED.

He clearly did not, in fact for my money he made our offense worse because any resemblance of a passing game we had is gone and our running game didn't improve.

The one thing that gets me is how Zac Lee was crucified by people for the things that happen yet now those same people are giving a pass to Green for the same mistakes and giving a pass for worse mistakes than Zac ever made.

Oh

my

Lord...

This can't be serious.

I had a nice long multiple paragraph retort to give you, but deleted it because it was about to reach the boards character limit <_< .

Give the kid a chance. We gave Lee 7 chances to win us games this year. He failed poorly 3 times, beat 3 teams he was supposed to beat, and had 3 passes go his way against Missouri. THREE.

We know a lot about what Lee can give us, and we know only a little about what Green can do for us. Regardless of who is quarterback this Saturday, we will still probably lose because our offensive line isn't gelling, the playbook is as big as the bible, and our key position players are dinged up. Lee is gone after next year anyways. No use riding him dry if he is going to be mediocre. Give the kid who played in the best division in Texas high school football a chance to flex his muscle, not the kid from California who didn't get any D1 offers for football out of high school.

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah

I have a BAD Feeling that Green is going to get Picked apart by the OU secondary. He stairs down his recievers longer than Lee for sure.

He could end up Redshirting next year. Spano should be back.

As far as comparing Green vs Lee. We will know a lot more Saturday night as this will be the first real Defense Green has played against.

If Witt didn't transfer. These Topics would be about Lee vs Witt. Green wouldn't be mentioned as he would be Redshirting. He would be redshirting if Spano was Healthy.

I have a BAD Feeling that Green is going to get Picked apart by the OU secondary. He stairs down his recievers longer than Lee for sure.

As far as comparing Green vs Lee. We will know a lot more Saturday night as this will be the first real Defense Green has played against.

If Witt didn't transfer. These Topics would be about Lee vs Witt. Green wouldn't be mentioned as he would be Redshirting. He would be redshirting if Spano was Healthy.

That's a pretty big assumption that Spano will be back. There's a good chance his knee will never be right again. Green probably will struggle, so would Lee IMO. That's why they play them on the field though.

Green has one real game under his belt...he will improve. Lee has had his chance....HE CAN'T THROW THE BALL! Pretty easy for a D coordinator to scheme against us with LEE in, as he can't throw and our line can't block. Green brings more to the table and a wildcard factor....even with his inexperience.

With that being said...I did agree with part of the original post, just not the Green bashing.

Lee cant throw any better than green and at least he wasnt hanging his wr's out to dry. Green hit his wr's in the numbers and it was his first start. Go look at the VT game and tell me that Zac Lee can throw he missed wide open wr's all game and stares down his wr's way to long. Lee looks scared in the pocket and throws the ball away the whole game I understand you need to throw it away sometimes but he never lets someone try to make a play. At least Cody looks for contact and doesnt look scared out there.

Agreed my friend. :)

not a chance. we can beat KU and KSU and CU with Lee, we lose 3 of the 4 with Green. You have RB to run the ball, but you have to be able to throw and Green cannot do that .

This is the dumbest statement I have ever read on here. Hell he couldn't beat ISU, but you think he can win 3 out of four with him throwing??? The only way we could win with lee under center is with the pipeline up front and LP at IB.

not a chance. we can beat KU and KSU and CU with Lee, we lose 3 of the 4 with Green. You have RB to run the ball, but you have to be able to throw and Green cannot do that .

This is the dumbest statement I have ever read on here. Hell he couldn't beat ISU, but you think he can win 3 out of four with him throwing??? The only way we could win with lee under center is with the pipeline up front and LP at IB.

Tom Brady couldn't have beaten ISU with his RBs and WRs fumbling inside the 5 yard line 4 times.

Tom Brady couldn't have beaten ISU with his RBs and WRs fumbling inside the 5 yard line 4 times.

You forgot to mention Lee's pick in the red zone.

Totaly disagree. Lee's neck is fused. Look at the films, his progression is eratic and when he finally commits which is usually to late he is telegraphing.

I would expect Lee to have some advantages over Green just based on his collegiate experience but comparing talent vs talent Green is head and shoulders above Lee.

Regardless of who is QB sat night I don't expect much out of them nor the game plan.

You and I both know that was extremely fluky. How many deflections were there? It was a likely incompletion that magically turned into a pick for ISU.

IIRC, Green has this thing about staring down receivers too. If Witt were here and Spano healthy, he'd be redshirting.

You and I both know that was extremely fluky. How many deflections were there? It was a likely incompletion that magically turned into a pick for ISU.

IIRC, Green has this thing about staring down receivers too. If Witt were here and Spano healthy, he'd be redshirting.

That's what happens when you throw into traffic. Reciever gets hit and out pops the ball.

Well like I said, I would expect Lee to be better in the fundamentals of the game compared to Green he has a lot more experience, granted it was JUCO.

I'm not sold on Green but we brought him here to be the QB of the future and IMO the future is now.

Ok if you look at the four games that Lee started that mattered most (Virginia Tech, Missouri, Texas Tech, and Iowa State), Lee's performance was pitiful except for one quarter of play. In the VT game, he failed to lead a TD drive. In the Missouri game, he only got the big play to Paul, then two short throws for TD's, however he never had to lead a drive downfield. In the TT game, he failed to lead a TD drive. In the ISU game, he led us to one 40 yd TD drive, and on the last 2 series when it really mattered, he threw 2 picks.

Zac Lee cannot lead a drive against a BCS conference defense. He cannot drive 80 yards downfield on any defense that has talent and isn't from the Sun Belt conference. However, Cody Green has led touchdown drives in both of his first Big 12 appearances. He has shown more in those games than Lee has really shown all year. Lee cannot read defenses, he misses open receivers, has no running or scrambling ability, and is not a leader.

Its obviously its Cody Green for the next few years. Lets have him face a real tough D like Oklahoma now so he can learn what it really takes to win in college football. I guarantee you he will lead us to at least 2 touchdown drives, and then a couple field goal drives this week. Zac Lee isn't capable of doing anything like that. Its obvious he doesn not have what it takes. Green is young but is going to learn quick, our O will be so much better off next year if Green has a good reset of the season.

I still think we are better than we were with Lee.

We're certainly not worse. Green is no worse a passer than Lee and Green can run.

i agree. he had that nice deep ball to niles against baylor, granted a better throw would probably have been a TD. I'd say they are about equal as passers (different in their own ways), huge running edge to Green though.

bullsh#t reason for agreeing. lee had just as nice passes. IE the play where Niles fumbled against ISU? ring a bell? I don't remember what other game but he put one on the left sideline earlier in the year same kinda play, just opposite sideline. Anyone saying we are better off with Green is effing blinded by their god damn bias towards "the future." Saying that Green is a better passer is BS. Look at the #s. Lee hit way more guys than Green did. The one advantage it seemed was Green wasn't AS afraid to scramble out. As far as throwing the ball is concerned, Lee is the better guy there.

I still think we are better than we were with Lee.

2 years from now we are going to be the VA. Tech or the ohio state of the big 12. great D and avg offense with a QB that can run but can't throw enough to be dominant.

I so vehemently disagree with you, it makes me upset.

Take out the Lee vs. Louisiana Lafayette game...and his stats are garbage. What is it with you guys? There are too many of you that still are reeling in the LLU game. Seriously. I don't see how you can argue otherwise.

Cody Green will be our quarterback next year - and we already burned his redshirt. It's an unfortunate truth for you Lee lovers.

The more snaps for Cody Green, the better. Accept it. You lost. Lee will no longer be our quarterback - because we are not playing LLU again.

There's no more LLU, guys. Our next game is Oklahoma.

You're attitude towards the whole thing makes me upset, also.

This isn't god damn Green lovers vs Lee lovers. This is comparing the two QB's. As far as the rest is concerned, we should ALL be in favor of the huskers success. There is no winning or losing when it comes to who you think should start at quarterback. that's bs. The winning and losing comes in the final scores. The more snaps for Green gets may result in a better future. MAY. However, more snaps for Green right now does NOT necessarily result in a better NOW for the huskers. I think Lee has shown that he can play well against BAD defenses, like the ones we'll see in KU and CU.... Don't use ISU, because that was in no way Lee's fault. See zoogies for the int in the red zone. Bad pass, but fluke-y as hell.