The much needed "SPARK"

Travis9

I have read a few posts here that say we got that spark with 20 first half points. LMAO no we didn't. we got a spark from Martin and the other 13 points should be credited to the D for great field position.

I have read where the D keyed on Green and that is why the zone read wasn't effective. LMAO no they didn't. He is a frosh they weren't keying on him. Our LINe is Bad but he didn't improve the zone read

I have read where Cody was an improvement. LMAO. no he wasn't. He did one thing Zac hadn't done and that is rush for a first down (2 to be exact) He also did 3 things Zac hadn't done also, Threw a pick 6, Lost a fumble, and threw 2 passes that bounced 10 yards short of their target.

I hope everyone now realizes that Zac was not the major part of the problem and if his confidence was shaken it was probably for good reason as the line can't block, the WR aren't that good, and every rb we have is hurt.

OU is going to kill us with Green at QB. Do you really think the OU defense is scared of a QB who could maybe gain 50 yards on the ground but can't throw it, or do you think that they may worry about us to some degree if we have someone that can pass a little.

When you pile on the blame of a struggling offense squarely on the back of your QB, then make a switch to a frosh qB who is not ready to play, the backup HAD BETTER PLAY BETTER THAN THE GUY HE REPLACED.

He clearly did not, in fact for my money he made our offense worse because any resemblance of a passing game we had is gone and our running game didn't improve.

The one thing that gets me is how Zac Lee was crucified by people for the things that happen yet now those same people are giving a pass to Green for the same mistakes and giving a pass for worse mistakes than Zac ever made.

I still think we are better than we were with Lee.

not a chance. we can beat KU and KSU and CU with Lee, we lose 3 of the 4 with Green. You have RB to run the ball, but you have to be able to throw and Green cannot do that .

2 years from now we are going to be the VA. Tech or the ohio state of the big 12. great D and avg offense with a QB that can run but can't throw enough to be dominant.

Lee cant throw any better than green and at least he wasnt hanging his wr's out to dry. Green hit his wr's in the numbers and it was his first start. Go look at the VT game and tell me that Zac Lee can throw he missed wide open wr's all game and stares down his wr's way to long. Lee looks scared in the pocket and throws the ball away the whole game I understand you need to throw it away sometimes but he never lets someone try to make a play. At least Cody looks for contact and doesnt look scared out there.

We're certainly not worse. Green is no worse a passer than Lee and Green can run.

i agree. he had that nice deep ball to niles against baylor, granted a better throw would probably have been a TD. I'd say they are about equal as passers (different in their own ways), huge running edge to Green though.

not a chance. we can beat KU and KSU and CU with Lee, we lose 3 of the 4 with Green. You have RB to run the ball, but you have to be able to throw and Green cannot do that .

2 years from now we are going to be the VA. Tech or the ohio state of the big 12. great D and avg offense with a QB that can run but can't throw enough to be dominant.

Ya and next year with Lee as the starter will be the colorado with Cody Hawkins!!!

Well, I would say they pass about the same. We never really had a passing threat with Lee, what games were you watching? That's why defenses stacked up in the box, they KNEW we weren't a legitimate threat passing with Lee. At least with Green, he isn't afraid to run if no one is open. Lee would high tail it for the sideline if there wasn't anyone open everytime, he was sooooooooooo afraid of getting hit. Green would actually try and run it up the field to gain yardage and he definitely isn't afraid to hit someone. This was Green's first start and we all knew he would make some mistakes because of that. Lee started several games and never did improve. Sorry, I see way more potential with Green than I ever will with Lee, maybe I am wrong, but I don't think so.

I so vehemently disagree with you, it makes me upset.

Take out the Lee vs. Louisiana Lafayette game...and his stats are garbage. What is it with you guys? There are too many of you that still are reeling in the LLU game. Seriously. I don't see how you can argue otherwise.

Cody Green will be our quarterback next year - and we already burned his redshirt. It's an unfortunate truth for you Lee lovers.

The more snaps for Cody Green, the better. Accept it. You lost. Lee will no longer be our quarterback - because we are not playing LLU again.

There's no more LLU, guys. Our next game is Oklahoma.

I have read a few posts here that say we got that spark with 20 first half points. LMAO no we didn't. we got a spark from Martin and the other 13 points should be credited to the D for great field position.

I have read where the D keyed on Green and that is why the zone read wasn't effective. LMAO no they didn't. He is a frosh they weren't keying on him. Our LINe is Bad but he didn't improve the zone read

I have read where Cody was an improvement. LMAO. no he wasn't. He did one thing Zac hadn't done and that is rush for a first down (2 to be exact) He also did 3 things Zac hadn't done also, Threw a pick 6, Lost a fumble, and threw 2 passes that bounced 10 yards short of their target.

I hope everyone now realizes that Zac was not the major part of the problem and if his confidence was shaken it was probably for good reason as the line can't block, the WR aren't that good, and every rb we have is hurt.

OU is going to kill us with Green at QB. Do you really think the OU defense is scared of a QB who could maybe gain 50 yards on the ground but can't throw it, or do you think that they may worry about us to some degree if we have someone that can pass a little.

When you pile on the blame of a struggling offense squarely on the back of your QB, then make a switch to a frosh qB who is not ready to play, the backup HAD BETTER PLAY BETTER THAN THE GUY HE REPLACED.

He clearly did not, in fact for my money he made our offense worse because any resemblance of a passing game we had is gone and our running game didn't improve.

The one thing that gets me is how Zac Lee was crucified by people for the things that happen yet now those same people are giving a pass to Green for the same mistakes and giving a pass for worse mistakes than Zac ever made.

Your belly must hurt after all that laughing.

Let's be clear, Cody right now is not necessarily better than Zac Lee. He sure as heck isn't as polished.

But Zac was running scared and didn't look like he had command of the huddle. It's time to give Cody time to see what he can do. And I sincerely hope he lights it up. But don't pretend that Cody is playing worlds better than Zac right now, because he isn't. If anything, he's playing worse. But I hope Cody will improve.

And I hope his psyche won't be shattered this week.

I almost think our situation this year is whichever QB we trotted out first would have just crumbled due to the pressure and the suckage elsewhere on O. Winner's curse, if you will. We're this far though, it's Cody's turn now. And I'm not so sure we should be happy that it came to this.

You are so wrong about pretty much everything you have posted in this thread. All you are saying is how horrible an 18 year old QB is when he is so much better than you are giving him credit for. What makes you think he is such a bad passer? He had an interception, big deal. Guess what, your good buddy Zac Lee had 3 of those a week before against a comparable defense. I have no clue as to how someone can believe that playing Green, who lost his redshirt in the first game of the season can be a bad thing when we have 3 losses already and theres all this talk about how we can't win anymore games this season. It would be the incredibly dumb to keep a struggling Jr QB in there and waste a year of experience for our future QB. I realize you all want to go to the very top now, but it's not possible and Green is our best bet to take us there in the NEXT 3 SEASONS after this one.