The much needed "SPARK"

Travis9

No Lee may not be a great QB next year. What i am saying is that he is a heck of a lot better than he is getting credit for and that he is showing.

There are a lot of problems that have led to everyones opinion of him.

our Oline is bad

our WR are bad or have played bad

our RB are dropping like flies

our OC has not come up with one game plan to fit our offense or to put

our offense and the QB in a position to be successful.

our WR coach has played Wr because they block better not because

they get open and can catch

There are a ton of problems that have led to Lee "looking awful"

Those problems still exist and will make Green look awful too

I agree with all of this, but this doesn't seem to be what you're saying in the rest of the thread.

Lee is getting screwed by circumstances in a lot of ways. That said, Green is the future of the program, and while I led the "Let's redshirt Cody Green" bandwagon all summer, at this juncture it's best to roll with Green and keep a serviceable Lee in reserve.

The thing that gets me about this whole Lee/Green debate is that it appears some folks have taken sides like it is the stinking Civil War. I have never understood how people can have an allegiance to a single player in a team game. I don’t care who starts, who plays the most snaps, etc. etc. etc. Just win some freaking football games. If that means Green good, if that means Lee alright. It does not matter and IMO it shouldn’t matter.

I don’t know if people want to feel like they predicted Cody Green to be great, so they want it to be so to make them feel better about their football knowledge. I do know that but whatever it is it definitely hinders their ability to view things objectively and with an open mind.

The truth (as I see it) is in his first start Green played average and not much more then that. He had a couple good throws and he had a handful of really bad ones. He had a couple nice runs and he had a couple stinkers. He locked into his receivers a lot, appeared to not be able to throw on the run and did absolutely nothing that would make anyone (outside of his #1 fans) go wow.

This in no way is saying he isn’t capable of dominating because he has shown glimpses (not very many but they have appeared), but there is also the chance that he doesn’t ever dominate (that would crush a lot of people).

Lol @ this Thread off the Green Bandwagon after one game...Really? Nobody expected a less than perfect first start? He is not 100% ready it takes years to build up to that. I think we showed just as much potential if not more with Green starting. At least he can run giving us another form of attack. The fact that He looked as good as Lee on his first start is reason for celebration that is his starting point,he will get better. For OU not sure who I would start I'm sure we are going to try to squeeze out as many yards as possible on the ground. Cody gives us the best chance for that.

I completely understand where Travis9 is coming from and what he is saying. And I agree with much of it.

Fellas, how many times does he have to say "I hope I am wrong" before you cut him some slack?

He isnt saying that he wants CG to fail. He is just pointing out some things that were stated on here about CG being so much better the Lee, and aside from a few runs, there wasnt improvement.

I think the main point is that CG is up for fair criticism just like Lee was. Its not the offensive line and wr's now b/c the Huskers offense scored 13 points on Baylor. Lee had that same line. Apparently quite a few ppl see that now more-so than before. Just is unfortunate that there was a lot of bashing and hate on Lee.

The line is average, the recievers are average. There isnt a running threat or passing threat. And that's unfortunate.

Since the Huskers decided to go with Green, he needs to be held accountable for managing the offense, securing the ball, moving the chains, leading the team and getting them points. I like that he can run better and more naturally than Lee. And that should help. As for throwing, he isnt there yet.

I am hoping that CG can feed off the fans at home and has a big day against OU. But its all hope b/c this past game didnt show the "wow-factor" like fans were talking and preaching about. And it needs to happen soon, b/c we are not throwing in the towel and thinking about two or three years from now. I'm not and I doubt Bo is. Its all about now, this year, this week and one game at a time.

Go Huskers

Cody won us a big 12 game. Zac did also, however it took Zach 3 qtrs to score. And that was because the coverage was blown, look at the film Paul was wide open. Cody could have hit that throw too. I have not seen anything from Zach that would lead me to think he could win us another game. He is an avrage passer with no pocket preasence (spell check?) and can not scramble to save his life. He is afraid to take a hit, something Cody is not ie. Running through the Baylor player. I believe Cody is our QB and can win 3 of the next 4 games.

OU- L 14-21

KU- W 21-7

KSU- W 28-14

CU- W 24-21

If we hold KU to 7 points I may have to bow down and praise the football gods.

If our offense scores more than 15 points in the next 4 games, ill bow down and praise the football gods.

Green doesn't have the wheels to be a running QB. He's a big bruiser type runner, but he isn't going to make many/any defenders miss. Lee won't run. We can't try to run an exclusive spread with a QB very few fear running and 4th and 5th string RB's. Lee could have probably done everything against Baylor that Green did. I guess that's the point. It doesn't really matter which one we play because OU is going to eat them alive. We have too many injuries and problems right now to play with them. Green started. I'm guessing he's who we go with the rest of the year and next year. Until we get receivers who can catch the ball, hold onto it, and block; an OL that can push people around; and RB's that can stay healthy; this offense won't be anywhere near where we want it to be.

Average too below average receivers, and an undependable running game = need for a mobile quarterback.

When the play goes to crap you need a QB to run the ball. I'll take a 5 yd scramble over a sack/int/incomplete pass anyday.

Green stays.

I appreciate the input from everyone.

It is not a Lee vs. Green thing for me at all. I am just not willing to sacrifice this season for the betterment of Cody Green at the expense of every senior on the team. Especially when my belief is Green will be a Pryor, Tyrod Taylor type that never does pass well enough for our offense to be a legitimate threat.

Hope I am wrong.

But to say we are better right now with Green is ludicrous at best. No we are not, and all I have ever asked is (as one poster stated) critique both QB the same. We aren't, Green is getting excuses and passes, whereas Lee got an over abundant of negatives for the same damn thing

Last time I checked Vince Young was someone who everyone said couldnt throw very good and he ended up being just fine in college. And it was the kids first start Tommie Frazier didnt come in and all of a sudden light it up either his first couple starts.

Green doesn't have the wheels to be a running QB. He's a big bruiser type runner, but he isn't going to make many/any defenders miss. Lee won't run. We can't try to run an exclusive spread with a QB very few fear running and 4th and 5th string RB's. Lee could have probably done everything against Baylor that Green did. I guess that's the point. It doesn't really matter which one we play because OU is going to eat them alive. We have too many injuries and problems right now to play with them. Green started. I'm guessing he's who we go with the rest of the year and next year. Until we get receivers who can catch the ball, hold onto it, and block; an OL that can push people around; and RB's that can stay healthy; this offense won't be anywhere near where we want it to be.

And IMHO we can get all that if we cut the playbook and let these guys perfect the remainder of those plays. How can any team win with a 320 play playbook. I really think this is the root of all our evil.

And IMHO we can get all that if we cut the playbook and let these guys perfect the remainder of those plays. How can any team win with a 320 play playbook. I really think this is the root of all our evil.

Agreed sir. Why be average at best at all these plays when you could be GREAT at less than half of these. I dont think we need the option back but a offense like oregon or florida would be awesome. You dont see them doing 320 plays.

The thing that gets me about this whole Lee/Green debate is that it appears some folks have taken sides like it is the stinking Civil War. I have never understood how people can have an allegiance to a single player in a team game. I don’t care who starts, who plays the most snaps, etc. etc. etc. Just win some freaking football games. If that means Green good, if that means Lee alright. It does not matter and IMO it shouldn’t matter.

I don’t know if people want to feel like they predicted Cody Green to be great, so they want it to be so to make them feel better about their football knowledge. I do know that but whatever it is it definitely hinders their ability to view things objectively and with an open mind.

The truth (as I see it) is in his first start Green played average and not much more then that. He had a couple good throws and he had a handful of really bad ones. He had a couple nice runs and he had a couple stinkers. He locked into his receivers a lot, appeared to not be able to throw on the run and did absolutely nothing that would make anyone (outside of his #1 fans) go wow.

This in no way is saying he isn’t capable of dominating because he has shown glimpses (not very many but they have appeared), but there is also the chance that he doesn’t ever dominate (that would crush a lot of people).

This

...the coaches decided on Green for last week. Who knows who they decide this week. I think I might avoid this site the first part of this week. Why does it have to be Soc vs Greaser everytime this is brought up?

F'n A Cotton, F'n A.