Starting QB this week

There is, actually, he's Tim Tebow.

And we have LTW. If only the coaches would turn him loose. Just imagine getting Green and LTW on the field at the same time!

Anyway, I digress. Point I'm getting from this bit of news is that we have a very big problem at the QB spot right now because it's so unsettled. Could be a wrong impression. I sure hope so.

Well wait a minute. What do you value more? A qb that plays scared and doesn't make mistakes or one that makes mistakes going for big plays? I would prefer one down the middle that balances the good and bad well but with our defense unable to consistently create turnovers we need an offense that takes some chances. This is how I base my decision on qb favorites in the situation at hand. I like Lee. Think he's a good qb but for whatever reason (could be how he's coached) he plays not to lose. If OU makes some mistakes (they did against texass) then managing the game might work.

I don't look at green to come in and win a football game or even give us a better chance this saturday. I just think you have to give him a chance with the circumstances (poor/inconsistent line and reciever play). This has been debated over and over. I know there are plenty that disagree and that's fine but to paint all the green supporters as people that believe he's hands down better than Lee isn't accurate.

My statement about Green being better than Lee so far is referring to the better qb in this offense. He had a decent 1st half and a sloppy 2nd half. But he also didn't get to warmup behind the memorial stadium crowd against Florida Atlantic like Lee had the luxury of doing. Only time will tell but the dual threat at qb is often very beneficial in college ball especially when the other qb isn't hands down better.

This has been and still is the opinion of those out-of-the-know when it comes to QBing and football.

No, Vince. It's pretty accurate. And it's not really an assessment of QBing and football as much as it is an observation about the people who pretend to know everything about QBing and football on internet bulletin boards.

This has been and still is the opinion of those out-of-the-know when it comes to QBing and football.

No, Vince. It's pretty accurate. And it's not really an assessment of QBing and football as much as it is an observation about the people who pretend to know everything about QBing and football on internet bulletin boards.

Whose pretending? I'm just using common sense, experience, and telling it like it is. I have no idea what you are doing.

In all honesty, that fact that Cody was named starter last week should give you your answer this week. I don't think you start the kid this late in the season unless you are willing to ride his shoulders to the end of the road. Going by what the coaches have been saying about players having to beat each other out to earn PT, CG beat out Zac Lee last week. If he has really made that much progress since January, then he will definitely be starting Saturday.

Besides, given our lack of offensive prowess we need all the playmakers out there we can get. CG may not be the Matt Leinart of the college football field but he is still pretty solid and a good downhill runner. I'm 99.9% positive he is your starter on Saturday.

I agree 100%...

so give the kid all of the reps in practice. At this point, do you really think Zac needs half the snaps in practice to be a serviceable backup?

I don't understand this thinking, but I'm also not in practice everyday or a Division 1 football coach so I will leave it at I don't understand. Not that they are wrong.

Unless Cody stunk it up so bad that they don't think they can continue with him yet.

He had some good plays, but we also scored zero points in the second half and he accounted for 7 of Baylor's points.

All things considered with our sucky O line and WRs with hands of stone it really makes no difference who the starter is. All things considered, if the QB needs to scramble Cody Green can run and get yards.

And we have LTW. If only the coaches would turn him loose. Just imagine getting Green and LTW on the field at the same time!

Anyway, I digress. Point I'm getting from this bit of news is that we have a very big problem at the QB spot right now because it's so unsettled. Could be a wrong impression. I sure hope so.

Alright....I'm imagining it.....I'm not seeing anything. What makes LW such a badass that if he steps onto the field with Green, magic will happen?

Alright....I'm imagining it.....I'm not seeing anything. What makes LW such a badass that if he steps onto the field with Green, magic will happen?

Don't you see? He's from the same town as Tommie. AND he's wearing the same number. AND he's playing the same position!

Anyway, the comments about Lee playing scared, I agree with, if that's the case we can't have that. It just doesn't look too good anyway we slice it right now.

I think that overall he is better than Lee. So far. Lee seemed rattled in his last 2 starts. We couldn't simply manage the offense against Tech and ISU and win so I doubt that'll work with OU.

I agree.

Lee sort of seems like he lost his competitive edge somewhere in the course of the early season. I don't know where it went, but until he gets it back Cody Green is the more serviceable guy.

Really this is too early to start getting on CG's butt about the game last week. The kid has been here since January and some of you, although you won't come out and admit it, are downgrading this kid simply because he isn't performing like a Tommie Frazier or Eric Crouch would. Get off your high-horse, fellas.

This kid has a lot of football left ahead of him, and he has all of the physical tools to be the next great quarterback for us.

:wtf

Given the fact that Green started last week, it's almost certain that Green starts again. Otherwise, why even bother giving him the starting reps, if you didn't plan to start him the next week?

After watching Cody in person at Waco last weekend, I'm not real thrilled with his prospects. But given the on again off again O-line NU is fielding, Green may be the only option they have. Because this line WILL break down against the Sooners, the only question will be how often?

Given the fact that Green started last week, it's almost certain that Green starts again. Otherwise, why even bother giving him the starting reps, if you didn't plan to start him the next week?

After watching Cody in person at Waco last weekend, I'm not real thrilled with his prospects. But given the on again off again O-line NU is fielding, Green may be the only option they have. Because this line WILL break down against the Sooners, the only question will be how often?

You could have made the exact argument the other way the previous week. Lee had started then split reps in practice leading up to the Baylor game. Green started, with that said, I am pretty confident that #17 will start the game at QB.

You could have made the exact argument the other way the previous week. Lee had started then split reps in practice leading up to the Baylor game. Green started, with that said, I am pretty confident that #17 will start the game at QB.

Not really. Huge difference between the two, because Lee had been starting all year.

The last thing we need to do is zig-zag back and forth between these two. This had to be a permanent move or no move should have been made at all.

i'm guessing cody green starts, but as someone mentioned before, if things are not going well, it wouldn't be surprising to see Lee in the game. also, with the way this season has gone with inserting new players everywhere on both sides of the ball, is it really that shocking to hear the coaches say the starting quarterback will have to earn it? they've been saying that about nearly every position since well before the season even started. fact is, we don't have set starters at a lot of positions, especially quarterback. i haven't seen an big edge for either qb, so i'll be eager to see who the coaches pick, meaning who performs better this week.

Not really. Huge difference between the two, because Lee had been starting all year.

The last thing we need to do is zig-zag back and forth between these two. This had to be a permanent move or no move should have been made at all.

And this is the key factor.

In my honest opinion, you don't name Cody Green your starter for game 8 unless you are going to be keeping him for the remainder of the games (unless you are Colorado of course, then you might flip flop between two qb's all year).

Everybody has been saying that Lee's psyche is hurt, but how do you think CG's will be if he is benched for this game? "Yeah, good job sonny ol' boy beating Baylor, but you just don't look ready enough to play against anybody with a pulse. Lee is our starter."

Talk about a kick to the groin. :nutz