Who has more to prove Saturday? Who wants it more?

OU has one rival and has always had one real rival. WE used to be a close second, but my guess is OK State is above us now.

We played some great games back in the day, but if you go to Oklahoma and ask every single fan who they want to beat more than breath it will be TEXAS, not even close. THAT is a rivalry.

It is a great historical game, and means more to our fans than it does to Oklahoma fans.

They were our rival no question.

A lot like Colorado to us.

Oklahoma has elite coaches, elite players and three losses to ranked teams by a total of 5 points. If you do not think they are elite you will by midnight Saturday is my guess.

This is hands down the toughest team we will play this year. None have been close to the level of athletes we will see. No coaching staff better or close to the Oklahoma staff. Their record may not indicate elite, but anyone with a clue knows they are an elite team with some very bad luck.

I would give anything to have the talent they have, and the wins and losses they have compared to ours.

Keep kidding your self that 5-3 records mean they are the same. There is not a enought KOOL AID in the world to make that true.

Look man, say what you want but im not going to sit here and talk about how sh**ty we are or how we cant do it. Try to have some faith. Win or lose were stull husker fans and thats what matters. Oklahoma isnt any more eliete then we are. No one is above anyone in this sport, if you limit yourself thats where youll be. Osborne made nothing into something all the time. Its possible, lift your dam head up man.

Vince what makes you so sure that anyone truly cares what your opinion is? Really? Apparently we as Husker fans are supposed to no longer believe that OU is our "Rival" because Vince said so. LMAO. Obviously you are 13 years old and missed all of the great NU vs OU games. Just because a "rivalry" becomes lopsided at one point in time doesn't mean it isn't relevant anymore. Just look at The Texas vs OU rivalry... OU won that game almost 5 years in a row, but it still holds relevance doesn't it? Just because one team drops off doesnt mean this game isnt viewed as a rivalry. But hey, what do I know? After all Im not "Vince from Shamwow!" :box

No opinions. The fact is OU vs. NU is no longer a rivalry. The lopsidedness has nothing to do with this game no longer being a rivalry. What does, is fact that each team has gone their separate ways with NU not having a rival and OU's being Texas.

What part of this do you not understand?

Just because I do not believe we are the team Oklahoma is does not mean my head is down.

I just feel being intelligent about our chances of winning is the thing to do.

This program is far from elite in play.

Has been for nearly 10 years. You have to accept where you are and what you have to do to get where you want to be.

Until people start understanding that we are not on a par with other programs at this time we will have these meltdowns, whcih do no good for the team or the fan base.

Support the team in every way, cheer for them, send money, do what ever it takes, but just to follow blindly is not the answer in my mind.

I do not knock the players or the coaches.

I look at it, do we have the ability to win, what are our chances, what could happen to make us win or lose.

Just because someone does not think we will win does not make them less of a fan.

But expecting to win, when there is little chance, and then to complain and call the firing of coaches and singling out kids for their failures normally are the rewards for blind alegiance.

This team/staff are trying to get us back, they need our support win or lose, play great or not.

Can we win this game. Sure, but if we don't and we do not play to the level some expect, due to totally unrealistic expectation, what will the fall out be.

Realisticly we have no chance of winning this game. But I will cheer, hope and pray we do. I will do that until the game is over. I have never left one second early, never turned off the TV when watching, and I would never for the life of me Boo the Huskers.

You choose to be a pollyana and believe all the good will happen. I think we have chance, that is the reason we play the game, but in honestly it makes little difference what either one of thinks or does.

It is on the field, where the better, stronger, faster team normally wins. In honesty ask yourself, which one is that?

Vince what makes you so sure that anyone truly cares what your opinion is? Really? Apparently we as Husker fans are supposed to no longer believe that OU is our "Rival" because Vince said so. LMAO. Obviously you are 13 years old and missed all of the great NU vs OU games. Just because a "rivalry" becomes lopsided at one point in time doesn't mean it isn't relevant anymore. Just look at The Texas vs OU rivalry... OU won that game almost 5 years in a row, but it still holds relevance doesn't it? Just because one team drops off doesnt mean this game isnt viewed as a rivalry. But hey, what do I know? After all Im not "Vince from Shamwow!" :box

No opinions. The fact is OU vs. NU is no longer a rivalry. The lopsidedness has nothing to do with this game no longer being a rivalry. What does, is fact that each team has gone their separate ways with NU not having a rival and OU's being Texas.

Each side has equal and true points, the fact is its a preference if you concider this rivalry alive or dead.

dedhoarse

P.S. !@#$ YOU Big XII for making this even a topic of disscusion.

Bleedin' Red, how dare you expect people to share their opinions on a message board. We can only speak in absolute fact, like vince from slapchop. Do not dare question him, as he only speaks fact. Everyone, close this thread down, Vince said OU v. NU is not a rivalry, end of discussion. Do not ask T.O., Barry Switzer, and former players of either team, any fan of OU or NU from the past over 50 years, any regional sports columnist, EA Sports, wikipedia.org, or any other holder of knowledge because Vince of SlapChop said OU v. NU is not a rivalry.

Personal opinion, and I apologize to Vince by not only disagreeing with him but also by stating an opinion rather than just repeating what he as said, because after all what he says is indeed fact, but rivalries are formed through historical context. Current slumps or going from playing every year to twice every four years cannot erase that history. This rivalry was formed through generations and respect, and it will take longer to forget about it than it took to create the rivalry.

Vince please forgive me as you are as infallible as the pope, we shall deem you Pope Shamwow.

OU has one rival and has always had one real rival. WE used to be a close second, but my guess is OK State is above us now.

We played some great games back in the day, but if you go to Oklahoma and ask every single fan who they want to beat more than breath it will be TEXAS, not even close. THAT is a rivalry.

It is a great historical game, and means more to our fans than it does to Oklahoma fans.

They were our rival no question.

A lot like Colorado to us.

Oklahoma has elite coaches, elite players and three losses to ranked teams by a total of 5 points. If you do not think they are elite you will by midnight Saturday is my guess.

This is hands down the toughest team we will play this year. None have been close to the level of athletes we will see. No coaching staff better or close to the Oklahoma staff. Their record may not indicate elite, but anyone with a clue knows they are an elite team with some very bad luck.

I would give anything to have the talent they have, and the wins and losses they have compared to ours.

Keep kidding your self that 5-3 records mean they are the same. There is not a enought KOOL AID in the world to make that true.

Look man, say what you want but im not going to sit here and talk about how sh**ty we are or how we cant do it. Try to have some faith. Win or lose were stull husker fans and thats what matters. Oklahoma isnt any more eliete then we are. No one is above anyone in this sport, if you limit yourself thats where youll be. Osborne made nothing into something all the time. Its possible, lift your dam head up man.

If what you say is true, then explain to me why so many people including the AD at Buffalo are pi$$ed that Turner Gill didn't get the job at Auburn. If no one is above anyone in this sport, then Gill should be happy because he's at a program on par with every other D1 program out there.

Oh, I think we still have something to prove. I don't know about you guys but I know ISU and VT were flukes. Our goal is to take the north and win a bowl game. I see this game as our chance to say we arn't just punks we are NU and we may not be fully back but we are still a force to be dealt with. I hope we win just so we can tell all these "realistic people" to Choke on it.

Come over to my house for the game I got plenty-o-koolaid.

G B R

Its a "fact" because you said it is? Isn't that what im hearing? Listen here Junior, you seem to "know it all" so anytime you'd like to join me in the "shed" Id be happy to show you what a "rivalry" is all about!!! :angry::box:steam

the defenses are both good it is who has an offense OU has one we do not!

The most interesting aspect may be how Bo reacts when Watson makes Bo look like an idiot in front of Sooner coach friends like Stoops. It will be a delayed reaction, :dumdum but I expect it to be nuclear. So Watson better have some plays to call!

Its a "fact" because you said it is? Isn't that what im hearing? Listen here Junior, you seem to "know it all" so anytime you'd like to join me in the "shed" Id be happy to show you what a "rivalry" is all about!!! :angry::box:steam

You'd lose there just as you are here.

Dude Baylor just called They said they miss their #1 factual fan.

I would loose would I? Well then is that you taking me up on the offer? Id take that little Shamwow and whipe your A$$ with it! Whenever your balls drop come and find me and I'd be glad to take this to the woodshed!