Dr. Tom reacts to the rematch with the Sooners

actually i believe this was the reason why they split Nebraska and Oklahoma into two division. The intention was that in most years the two would meet in the championship game and to avoid a rematch scenario like 78 the regular season game would not always be played. or something like that

ESPN just had a little story on what teams touch on their way onto the field! They showed the Rock at Clemson, the Gator head at Florida, the "Go Blue" banner at Michigan and even the horseshoe at Nebraska.

Lou Holtz himself stated that HE had the "Play like a champion today" sign placed there during his tenure. So, if SoonerFan says that their's has been around since the Bud Wilkinson days, then he has reason to criticize the "Domer tradition".

Can't wait for Saturday night--GO BIG RED!!

The Sooners are just VERY, VERY high on themselves.....

As per their web site...

Unlike some schools where tradition represents ancient history, or others where it harkens back only a few years, Oklahoma's tradition is a constant accomplishment unfettered by eras or time.

How about the 1990s.....hmm, that didn't work out so well, now did it.

The Sooners are just VERY, VERY high on themselves.....

As per their web site...

Unlike some schools where tradition represents ancient history, or others where it harkens back only a few years, Oklahoma's tradition is a constant accomplishment unfettered by eras or time.

How about the 1990s.....hmm, that didn't work out so well, now did it.

I'll tell you what is rich is NU fans trying to tell OU fans how to act. It's funny we bring up the 90's with regards to OU when we're basically living through the same thing with the exception of probation, sanctions, etc. OU has constant accomplishments. I believe Stoops holds the record for amount of consecutive BCS bowl appearances.

Just so I'm clear, it's ok for us to talk about tradition even though its ancient history but not ok for OU to talk about constant accomplishments.

If I were an OU fan, I'd be asking how the 2004 and 2007 seasons worked out for NU. I'd be bringing up the game from last year. I'd basically bring up nearly every game played this decade with the exception of one.